ForumsThe Taverntattoo

11 2617
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Killersup was thinking of being a tattoo artist when he got a little bit older.He wanted to know what kind off tats AG's members had.Do any of you guys have any tattoos that you want at the moment? Any tattoo that had a hidden meaning to you? What cool tattoos do you have?

• 11 Replies
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I've been considering getting one for years (likely a creature stylized into a "tribal" design), but haven't had the spare funds to get it made well. Or a finalized design, for that matter.

But ya. Interesting career choice. I've heard tattoo artists don't get much time to actually design things themselves, though. All of the copying.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I never really considered getting one. Once it's there, it's there, and I don't want to do something I'll regret for years and years to come.

404011xz
404011xz
212 posts
Farmer

My biggest warning to those of you considering a tattoo is that you should be able to cover it up with a short sleeved shirt or shorts. If you are thinking about getting a job and the employer sees you have a tattoo they automatically start contemplating about what you might do. My dad currently has 3 all of which are on his upper torso and can be covered by a shirt. And if you are determined to get a tattoo then make sure that you trust the pearson who is giving it to you, seeing as patch of ink will stay with you untill you are rotting and your flesh falls off.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I've been contemplating getting one...had a few thoughts on what I'd get: The Ouroboros symbol, Pang Tong's name in Chinese characters, Grandma's maiden name/previous "family name" (Her German name..I'm very much into my German heritage..), etc.

seeing as patch of ink will stay with you untill you are rotting and your flesh falls off.

Or until you get it removed
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I'm not really much of a tattoo person. I don't recommend getting one, since it will probably look like heck in 30-40 years.

Being a tattoo artist is a very interesting profession. If I could draw, I would probably consider it.

Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

I've never bothered getting one. There's simply no reason to. If I want something drawn on my skin, I'll have someone draw something on my skin with a pen of some kind. Odds are I'm not going to want it there anyway when it washes off.

yourawesomeness
yourawesomeness
103 posts
Peasant

i'm a wimp. i probably wouldnt b able to stand the pain.
i also cant find any designs that speak to personally me either

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

I don't have a tattoo, but If i were going to get one, i'd get a face like this ( ^J^ ) somewhere, and have it be small.

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

I'll probably get one when I'm 17/18.
So, I still have a few years to think of a finalized design.

light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

I might get one. I think I would get a crossed guitar and bass (electric, both) with a newsboy hat above them. It would have to be small, though, and on my upper arm.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

As has been said previously, make sure you can cover it up with a short-sleeve T-shirt. Employers dig the professional look, and tattoos tend to ruin that. And as far as tattoo parlors go, a good one will make you scheduel an appointment that is atleast a few months in the future. Tends to mean that the tattoo artist is of a higher quality and ensures you're positive about what you're doing. Advice I've gotten from various friends and relatives with ink themselves.

i've got two or three designs I'd like to get, though I dunno if I would get all of them. I really want a Protestant Cross/Iron Cross on my Sol Plexus for a lot of reasons. And if I make a career in the Army (which is very likely at this point) I'll definately get my blood type tattooed on my thigh and chest.

Only tattoo I want that is more art than practical is a representation of an angel stabbing a snake through the mouth with a sword. Got the idea from a really old graveyard from the 18th century in my city that has a very old family mausoleum, and the front has a statue of Gabriel striking down Satan with a sword. Its a really cool looking thing, even if you aren't religious. Unfortunately I can't find a picture of it online. :/

Showing 1-11 of 11