ForumsThe TavernCollege Sports

80 13475
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

They are NFL threads and basketball threads. The forum needs some college football action.

There are many good teams right now. Which team do you think is the best? What teams do you believe will make it to the Championship? Are there any teams that are overrated(hint ND)?

The questions are endless and so is talking about it. So talk away.

• 80 Replies
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

They're ineligible for the post season this year, and the chances of them going undefeated next year are slim

By AP national championship I meant this year OSU finishing first in the AP this year as it's the only poll they're elgible to be in.

But yeah I don't know if they can pull off an undefeated season next year, although they will still have Miller and a lot of the same players.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

By AP national championship I meant this year OSU finishing first in the AP this year as it's the only poll they're elgible to be in.

They were 6th last time I checked, so some people had better do some losing.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

But yeah I don't know if they can pull off an undefeated season next year, although they will still have Miller and a lot of the same players.

It pretty much depends on how the Big 10 plays. Usually the Big 10 sucks though for football so they have a good shot.
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Anyone wanna guess the greatest rivalry in sports?

It shouldn't be too hard...

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Anyone wanna guess the greatest rivalry in sports?

Air Force, Navy, and Army playing each other.

The answer you are looking for is OSU and Michigan.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Rivalry? Carolina - Clemson, ND - Boston College, USC - UCLA, Army - Navy, and OSU - That Team Up North are that big ones in my opinion.

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Alabama-Auburn easy. Almost everyone in the state of Alabama is a fan of either. You have to deal with it everyday of the year: in the home, at work, with friends and family, etc.

superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

I CANNOT BELIVE NOTRE DAME IS #1

NOTRE DAME
NOTRE DAME

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

ND will likely win since the Trojans don't have Matt Barkley on Saturday or that's what I heard.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

I would say top three rivalries are third Duke and UNC (basketball), second Bama vs Auburn, and yes, first OSU vs that team up north.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Alabama-Auburn easy. Almost everyone in the state of Alabama is a fan of either. You have to deal with it everyday of the year: in the home, at work, with friends and family, etc.

But this year it will be soooooo boring. Auburn sucks.
ND will likely win since the Trojans don't have Matt Barkley on Saturday or that's what I heard.

Yes, some red shirt freshman is playing. I hope that he plays well.
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

But this year it will be soooooo boring. Auburn sucks.

The barners do suck, which makes me silly with glee, but one bad year doesn't make a rivalry irrelevant. When's the last time Michigan could compete with OSU? When they were both ranked 1 and 2 right?
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Feel the rivalry!

And the best part is that it's all true.

When's the last time Michigan could compete with OSU? When they were both ranked 1 and 2 right?

Michigan won last year, but Ohio State had to cope without Pryor and had Luke Fickell as head coach.

The thing about the Iron Bowl is that almost every year, one of the teams is having a terrible season and one is having a great season. The team having a great season almost always wins.

Nothing can top the days of Woody and Bo.
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Yes, some red shirt freshman is playing. I hope that he plays well.

Oh well good luck of them trying to get past the ND defense. Unless he's really that good then they might win. Since ND's offense isn't that good anyways.
Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

Alas, the fall of Troy. Been a humiliating season for us Trojans. T_T

Showing 46-60 of 80