Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Obama, 2012-2016 President of the United States of America

Posted Nov 7, '12 at 12:38am

superbobdabest

superbobdabest

307 posts

i thank you for saying that SSTG
America is so into getting the win of the election they dont even care about the real purpose of the election
bettering america
at which this point is really important
they need to shut their mouths and help themselves, their family, and the rest of America
they cant be tying to get their point all the time

Posted Nov 7, '12 at 12:45am

Xzeno

Xzeno

2,354 posts

or assassinate Romney should he have won.
Yes because we want Ryan to lead this country.

Now the question is will the Republicans quit blocking all his bills or will they finally start thinking about helping Americans to get back on track in a bi partisan way?
His bills? I hope hope you know that your ignorant partisanship and misunderstanding of the role of the president contributes to executive empowerment and, more generally, totalitarianism.

Well you all know my opinion. I think Obama sucks. Romney sucks. The system sucks. Democracy sucks. The usual stuff.

Posted Nov 7, '12 at 12:46am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,700 posts

Rupert from Survivor didn't win Governor of Indiana.

What?! Alright...brb guys...goin to set Indiana on fire

I agree, look at all the red states!

My state was a red state...despite that fact that we'd benefit more with a Democratic president -_-ΓΆΒΆ

At least Obama tried to do something.

^This

People seem to tend to forget that he has to deal with a mostly Republican congress

Posted Nov 7, '12 at 12:47am

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,838 posts

Yes because we want Ryan to lead this country.

Pfft, I'd be long gone by then. It was more of a 'It's the thought that counts' deal. ^_^

Posted Nov 7, '12 at 12:59am

jeol

jeol

3,987 posts

So the person with a lot of money is more unqualified because he has too much money to understand normal people that don't have money, obviously since he has much more than them? (since no one can earn money with integrity; they're all corporate executives who steal and find loopholes in your system since the way that you manage your money doesn't work, so they must be exploiting it since they do have money) And even though he seems to understand deficit in spending?

(I find the fact that the president receives more money than some people have to use to pay just half their debts hilarious.)

Posted Nov 7, '12 at 1:08am

Masterforger

Masterforger

1,856 posts

(I find the fact that the president receives more money than some people have to use to pay just half their debts hilarious.)

Many people earn more then the President. It's power, not money that lies in the position.

Yay, Obama won! Obama may not do much, but Romney would send the US into the ground with no intention of giving a helping hand. Lesser of two weevils, in Aubrey's sense.

Posted Nov 7, '12 at 1:10am

NoNameC68

NoNameC68

5,296 posts

Knight

I flipped on a friend of mine when he posted "Woot! Now I can finish school and get my degree!"

The college system is broken. College is important, and we have a bunch of people who are profiting off of this. Now, that's PERFECTLY FINE. Profit is OKAY. However, the way in which they profit is not. They determine what classes students have to take and how many so they can obtain a degree to get a job. Because of this, they require students to give up many years of their life as well as a mother **** load of money so they may potentially obtain a job that may or may not be in demand.

The above scam is pretty weak, people are eventually going to find cheaper alternatives that are more affordable, more efficient, and just overall less demanding. This is why you have the government paying for student to go to college. Either students get the money for free, or they are loaned the money and they get their foot in the door. Either way, the college profits.

Posted Nov 7, '12 at 1:18am

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,436 posts

Romney got more votes but Obama got more elecrol votes.

Current stats show Obama ahead popularly by about 200K-250K (votes are still coming in, so it could change). That makes me slightly less miffed at the EC system, as the people aren't being cheated this time (for now).

Posted Nov 7, '12 at 1:27am

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

9,238 posts

With the recent update, Obama has both more electoral votes and has majority vote, so there won't be a third rarity in the history of the US.

Many people earn more then the President. It's power, not money that lies in the position.

To be honest, $500,000 a year for being President isn't too shabby, considering the colossal amount of stress he/she receives when on the job. Of course, you said it's the power that is the reason why people vie for the position, which is agreeable. It'd be silly for people to run for the presidency for the 500K salary.

The college system is broken. College is important, and we have a bunch of people who are profiting off of this. Now, that's PERFECTLY FINE. Profit is OKAY. However, the way in which they profit is not. They determine what classes students have to take and how many so they can obtain a degree to get a job. Because of this, they require students to give up many years of their life as well as a mother **** load of money so they may potentially obtain a job that may or may not be in demand.

Why, why, why must I know two semesters of Physics if I'm going for a Biology degree :(

Posted Nov 7, '12 at 1:35am

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,838 posts

On a different note!

Who else is waiting to see the victory speech? I've been sitting here for what seems like forever, listening to fools babble.

Reply to Obama, 2012-2016 President of the United States of America

You must be logged in to post a reply!