ForumsWEPR[necro] Tensions with Iran

155 73992
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

The Department of Defense just disclosed that a US drone was fired upon over international waters last week (here). This is considered an act of war under international law. What happens next? Nothing? Tighter sanctions? War? Discuss.

• 155 Replies
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Can you point out any specific " baloney"?

music and pigs being haram is a nice example i guess.
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

that is fine.
but then i wonder in your case, why do you listen to music =S

I never said I am a good muslim
strip clubs are not music. but is prostitution.
you can easly outlaw strip clubs and keep the music.
sorry i can't see your point here.
(never heard of mujra)

Mujra is strip club plus music
the virgin part was a joke sorry. (all virgins are the same or have the same name? (sorry, joke question again )
the actual question was "wont you go to hell or something alike for that?"

Don't be sorry, that was informative, not a passive agressive.
As for the questions
Hoor ul ain is the common noun like you and me are called human
and
Yes I probably will be punished for listenuing to music.
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

music and pigs being haram is a nice example i guess.

Music, I don't get it either but as for pigs there is a general rule in Islam that carnivours and omnivorse animals are haram (with few exceptions)
and pig is an omnivorse also it dwells in unclean places like mud also it eats its own feces.
Even if a chicken starts eaing its own feces, you can't eat it, you have to keep it on a deit for sometimes before eating it.
hojoko
hojoko
510 posts
Peasant

2. is talk about AFTER ww2. the nazis were gone. i talk about the 27 other wars.

For future reference, I wouldn't recommend using Tumblr as a source, as it's so often biased (as in this case) or just plain inaccurate, mostly because it's a freakin' social networking site.

That being said, the list you provided is both inaccurate and misleading. First, many of the 'Wars' were not full-scale wars, but smaller conflicts and military operations. Of the conflicts listed, a few of them are one conflict spread out over many years. I believe the actual count is 22 (The three listed dates in Guatemala are all part of the Guatemalan Civil War, while the conflicts in Laos and Cambodia were both part of the Vietnam war). Of those 22 conflicts, the United States initiated 10 (if we include the Bay of Pigs, which was actually fought by cuban counter-revolutionaries trained and supplied by the United States and Vietnam, which was joined, not initiated, by the United States). So, here I present a more accurate list:

Military Actions initiated by the United States since World War Two:

Bay of Pigs, Cuba (1961)--A military attack undertaken by Cuban counter-revolutionaries trained and supplied by the United States.
United States involvement in Vietnam (1961-73)--A civil war in which American Forces provided military support and power to one side.
Invasion of Grenada (1983)
Operation El Dorado Canyon, Libya (1986)
Operation Nimble Archer, Iran (1987)--An American bombing of Iranian Oil riggs in response to an attack on a non-belligerent vessel in Kuwait by Iran.
Invasion of Panama (1989)--Occurred due to the threat of attack on United States Citizens living in the U.S. owned Panama Canal territory.
Afghanistan/Sudan (1998)--Bombing of alleged terrorist sites in Afghanistan and Sudan.
Afghanistan War (2001-Present)
Iraq War (2003-2011)

The rest of the conflicts were either sanctioned by the UN (including but not limited to the Korean War and the First Gulf War), joint NATO operations such as Yugoslavia (1999) (which, by the way, included the Netherlands), or conflicts in which the United States provided support, but not actual military power, exemplified in the Guatemalan Civil War and Nicaraguan Revolution, the only exception being the Chinese Civil War, in which the United States provided (mostly) non-violent military support at the end of World War Two.

This is a far cry from your accusation of us as a warmongering, imperialist nation.

In fact, some of these, especially the strike on Iran in 1987, bring up the question of increasing unofficial United States hegemony. The United States has become the de facto world police, exemplified by Somalia in 1993 and the aforementioned strike in Iran. When someone breaks international law as drafted by the UN, it's generally up to the United States to impose the consequences. I understand that nobody asked us to fill this position, but that's irrelevant. Nobody else was filling that position (certainly not the UN). Likewise, I also understand that the US doesn't always act in the best interests of the international community, but whether or not we act as a police force, we are still a nation, and have our own interests. The trouble is that many people seem to get confused between the actions taken in our own interest and the actions taken for international interest.

Drawing this back to the topic, if Iran breaks international law as defined by the UN, or the UN determines Iran is an international threat and sanctions military action, whose job is it to enforce those decisions?
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

I never said I am a good muslim

you agree but disagree. do i got that right?

you argue the religion as how it is written. but are not actively following it that way.
(kinda like what 95% of the muslims (or any religion for that matter) does)

Mujra is strip club plus music

oh... then i have never heard of strip clubs. only mujra.
never been to or heard of a strip club whitout music so...

Hoor ul ain is the common noun like you and me are called human

ic
Yes I probably will be punished for listenuing to music.

eternal or just a spanking?

Music, I don't get it either

so it could use a update on this part right?
maybe there are other parts that could be updated aswell?

carnivours and omnivorse animals are haram (with few exceptions)

why the exceptions? what makes the exceptions expectable and the others not?
also, doesn't that make yourself haram? you eat meat aswell. we are all omnivore.
it dwells in unclean places like mud

not if you don't let him come near.

also it eats its own feces.
Even if a chicken starts eaing its own feces, you can't eat it, you have to keep it on a deit for sometimes before eating it.

can't you put a pig on a deit aswell?

i can see it already:
the halal pig farm...
clean farm whitout mud and all pigs on a strict vegetable diet.
could it ever pass on to the exceptions part?
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

For future reference, I wouldn't recommend using Tumblr as a source

fast source, just a pics. didn't had the will or time to go for a real source.

for he rest ive readed it over fast but am i not making a comment on it now. i'll need my time for it.

only 1 thing:
Military Actions initiated by the United States since World War Two:

atleast you forgot libya 2011.
usa started bombing the place while the EU did not agree. then they shoved it over to europe. and went back to the other war they were already busy whit.
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

For future reference, I wouldn't recommend using Tumblr as a source, as it's so often biased (as in this case) or just plain inaccurate, mostly because it's a freakin' social networking site.

a better list
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_US_wars#1940.E2.80.931944
you agree but disagree. do i got that right?

you argue the religion as how it is written. but are not actively following it that way.
(kinda like what 95% of the muslims (or any religion for that matter) does)

yeah I guess you are right.
eternal or just a spanking?

No, not eternal,
According to Islam, the only eternal punishment for muslims will be for shirk(equating someone to allah) and Suicide(circumstances matter)
so it could use a update on this part right?
maybe there are other parts that could be updated aswell?

Its religion, not adobe flash player.
why the exceptions? what makes the exceptions expectable and the others not?
also, doesn't that make yourself haram? you eat meat aswell. we are all omnivore.

I think there are exceptions, I am not sure.
There is an animal of lizard like body found in Arabian desert. I don't know
its name in English I think it eats meat. Eating it is makrooh (not haram but not preferable either)
Yeah they are called mastgure
ans they are herbivorse
No exception
hojoko
hojoko
510 posts
Peasant

atleast you forgot libya 2011

Actually, I didn't forget about Libya. US involvement was sanctioned by the UN. Again, you're confusing a joint NATO operation (which includes the United States) with a lone American military operation. The intervention was started by both the United States and the United Kingdom launching missiles.

a better list
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_US_wars#1940.E2.80.931944

Thank you for a much more comprehensive list. As you can see, most (but not all) of the operations were undertaken to provide support (military or otherwise), combat illegal actions or safeguard civilians/property, and many of them were preventative measures rather than violent attacks.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Its religion, not adobe flash player.

but why can't it change (and stay up to date) if the entire world around it is changing?

to me it is like trying to play a NES game on a x360.
the cartridge doesn't fit.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Actually, I didn't forget about Libya. US involvement was sanctioned by the UN

i dont care how you call it. we all know who made the decision and started bombing the place while most disagreed to attack and only said there needed something to be done. there where more options but nooo. BOOM! and then he basicly said "we started a war over here europe, now go and fix it. we are busy whit our own 2 wars over there already." and off they went. -.-'
ow yea and after he was killed within 1 year. we ofcourse heard the sound from the usa going: USA! USA!! USA!!! "obama got another one" --.--'

and now it comes to topic. noooo we didn't, it was UN.
BS, usa started it. thats it.
hojoko
hojoko
510 posts
Peasant

You're ignoring the evidence. It has been clearly and explicitly shown that the actions taken in Libya were the result of a UN sanctioned joint operation by NATO. I gave you the link. Please read it. If you have a counter-argument backed by evidence I would love to read it. But don't resort to pedagoguery and you're own particular brand of anti-American fanaticism to prove you're point. It's irrational, subjective, and the very definition of closed-minded (that is, ignoring evidence that contradicts previously held opinions and unwilling to receive new ideas).

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

from the very moment this was happening it was already clear that the usa had atleast 51% of the vote.
trying to write it away as a UN mission. and you succeeded. =(
your evidence is a political game that you won.

hojoko
hojoko
510 posts
Peasant

If the United States had at least 51% of the vote, then the decision made by the UN was supported by at least 51% of the nations (although I'm guessing it was many more, given that the UN generally doesn't operate as a majority run democracy), and all the nations involved, including yours, supported it. But the assumption that this was all a conspiracy theory or a political game is rather paranoid.

If you have no evidence, then your argument is null and void.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

and all the nations involved, including yours, supported it.

in europe, the moment of the 1st attack. only uk and france supported it.
the rest was dragged along.

If you have no evidence, then your argument is null and void.

like i said i didn't want to get in the topic now.
hojoko
hojoko
510 posts
Peasant

like i said i didn't want to get in the topic now.

Then I would greatly appreciate it if you would wait until you do want to get into it and provide evidence so we can avoid a completely subjective argument between the two of us.

Until then, I await your evidence with anticipation.
Showing 91-105 of 155