Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Big Fish Games

Posted Nov 8, '12 at 9:44pm

samdawghomie

samdawghomie

2,069 posts

I have recently had an unfortunate experience with said company.

I just wanted to know if anyone else for one knows who the are, have purchased any of their "products", or come upon a terrible circumstance as I know I have. Or maybe if any of you enjoy their "services", of which I highly doubt.

Posted Nov 8, '12 at 10:01pm

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

4,485 posts

Big Fish Games... isn't that one of those ads that seems cool but then seems like a total scam? I'm sure i have heard that name somewhere... Or seen for that matter.

Posted Nov 9, '12 at 9:29am

GhostOfHorror

GhostOfHorror

801 posts

Isn't that one of the game downloads Kongregate used to advertise for?
It was something like - Buy 2 games for "$2.75 each and get 100 kreds"

I've not seen it in a while, so perhaps the company itself has had a downfall in credibility?

Posted Nov 9, '12 at 6:36pm

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

4,485 posts

I've not seen it in a while, so perhaps the company itself has had a downfall in credibility?

I haven't seen the ads in a while either... Credibility? Did they ever have any? As those ad type things are mostly just scams :P

Posted Nov 9, '12 at 6:46pm

GhostOfHorror

GhostOfHorror

801 posts

Probably not, since I do recall several people on Kong claiming they didn't receive the Kreds even after purchasing the product.

Posted Nov 9, '12 at 8:55pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,548 posts

Knight

23 reports from ripoffreport.com can't all be wrong.

What experiences did you have with this company?

Posted Nov 9, '12 at 11:30pm

samdawghomie

samdawghomie

2,069 posts

I received this card thingy in the mail with a coupon to a free game, so I was entering a visa gift card I recently got for the billing information and it kept saying it can't update the information or something. Naturally I pressed it a few times to see if it would work and it didn't. Later I ordered an old PS2 game from GameStop that I had always wanted to play. Then I checked the card balance and Big Fish Games charged me 1 dollar on numerous accounts. Like the money on the gift card is half gone now.

Posted Nov 10, '12 at 2:02pm

ironblade41

ironblade41

523 posts

I received this card thingy in the mail with a coupon to a free game, so I was entering a visa gift card I recently got for the billing information and it kept saying it can't update the information or something. Naturally I pressed it a few times to see if it would work and it didn't. Later I ordered an old PS2 game from GameStop that I had always wanted to play. Then I checked the card balance and Big Fish Games charged me 1 dollar on numerous accounts. Like the money on the gift card is half gone now.

So you're saying you had $2 on the card?

Posted Nov 10, '12 at 3:11pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,255 posts

Big Fish Games used to be great a few years ago. Now they just keep going down in quality.. everything. From what I know they do rip off people a lot too. I used to buy some of their games not going to lie, but that was when they actually worked.

Posted Nov 10, '12 at 7:26pm

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

4,485 posts

I figured they were a scam lol... I clicked on one of those ads once and it led me to a malicious site :P

Reply to Big Fish Games

You must be logged in to post a reply!