Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Working Title - It's a Salvidious Game

Posted Nov 12, '12 at 8:10pm

Skeleton_Pilot

Skeleton_Pilot

1,281 posts

I would love to be a character in this! And if you want to make me into a pilot who happens to be skeletal, that would be perfectly understandable! =)

Basically to kill skeletons

Flying enemies would be a great step

If you do happen to include flying skeletons in your game, you know who to summon! =D

Posted Nov 12, '12 at 8:10pm

pickpocket

pickpocket

3,322 posts

Well fine, since everyone is saying "I wana be in it", I wont.
#individual
*secretly hopes that sal will include pickpocket in the game anyways*
Here is a totally different idea that plays off of Ernie's some. Some you are a knight. You fight dragons. I dont know why, but you just do. Well its for so of a puzzle/action game. There are multiple dragons, each with different colors. Some green, some blue, some red, ex. Now your objective is to reach the finish. But to do the most damage to a dragon, you have to use a sword of the same color as the dragon. Swords are lying around and you can only carry one at a time. A blue sword does extra damage to a blue dragon, but a less to a red or green dragon. Same thing goes for shields. A green shield can resist a green dragons attack, but you can still be harmed by red and blue dragons.
Thoughts?

Posted Nov 12, '12 at 9:46pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

You need a setting a characters? Well alright. Ernie can be a character, but not pang >:D
Ah right, setting. Year 3015. The basics of it are that robots have taken over everything. You can choose one of a few characters (i.e Ernie or whoever). The game style would be a platform/shooter/puzzlish (puzzle do to the fact of moving onto the next stage). You pick up various guns and weapons along your path and shoot the robots. You get what im saying. Then you slowly move your maybe up through out the city. For the final boss, its the thing controlling the bots. There would be lots of minions. The thing itself would be able to shoot on its own. Im sure you could figure this part out.
The name of the game? Salvation

Lol, nice. But I already made a character board for pang. D: Otherwise, I'll definitely use some stuff from it.

I don't really care what the game is but I want me in it, as a dino.

Also I would be glad to beta test if you would allow me.

*Adds character*

I probably won't be able to beta test it due to copyright stuff, but I'd be happy to give out previews and stuff before it comes out. Thanks anyway Daleks.

I would love to be a character in this! And if you want to make me into a pilot who happens to be skeletal, that would be perfectly understandable! =)

*Adds character*

Actually, you might make a good role as someone who was dramatically offed by the robots. You were killed, but pang the samurai brought you to life to serve in his vengeful horde against the robots. It practically writes itself!

If you do happen to include flying skeletons in your game, you know who to summon! =D

;D

Well fine, since everyone is saying "I wana be in it", I wont.
#individual
*secretly hopes that sal will include pickpocket in the game anyways*
Here is a totally different idea that plays off of Ernie's some. Some you are a knight. You fight dragons. I dont know why, but you just do. Well its for so of a puzzle/action game. There are multiple dragons, each with different colors. Some green, some blue, some red, ex. Now your objective is to reach the finish. But to do the most damage to a dragon, you have to use a sword of the same color as the dragon. Swords are lying around and you can only carry one at a time. A blue sword does extra damage to a blue dragon, but a less to a red or green dragon. Same thing goes for shields. A green shield can resist a green dragons attack, but you can still be harmed by red and blue dragons.
Thoughts?

*Adds again* :P

I'll stick with the robot idea, actually. Unless someone can argue me to the other side. I don't know, I already had the robot thing worked out, or at least the beginning.

Oh, and some teaser. pang the samurai watches his enemy from a cliff. Not dynamic by any rate, but it's a draft, k? :P

Posted Nov 12, '12 at 9:51pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,230 posts

Well alright. Ernie can be a character, but not pang >:D

What D= but! ah!! No Sal! Don't listen to him!

Haha XD you could have skeletons that fly at you throwing homework! (reference to Skeleton's work as a teacher FTW)

Posted Nov 12, '12 at 9:54pm

Skeleton_Pilot

Skeleton_Pilot

1,281 posts

Actually, you might make a good role as someone who was dramatically offed by the robots. You were killed, but pang the samurai brought you to life to serve in his vengeful horde against the robots. It practically writes itself!

Haha, I love it!

Haha XD you could have skeletons that fly at you throwing homework! (reference to Skeleton's work as a teacher FTW)

Except I'm a P.E. teacher, so I throw big rubber dodgeballs! =D

Posted Nov 12, '12 at 9:56pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,230 posts

Sorry for double post -_-™ didn't notice the 2nd page

But I already made a character board for pang

Wooo!! =D I'ma be the best character ever guys...I gots this haha

You were killed, but pang the samurai brought you to life to serve in his vengeful horde against the robots

Aww yea >=D you hear that Pilot? We gots this!
I'm sounding pretty boss so far =p

pang the samurai watches his enemy from a cliff.

*gasp* guys =O look...look at how boss I look! I loves it

@pickpocket - with that idea...the downside would be with people like me (colourblind)

Posted Nov 12, '12 at 10:16pm

pickpocket

pickpocket

3,322 posts

@pickpocket - with that idea...the downside would be with people like me (colourblind)

Not really. It would work the same. You match the colors. It doesnt matter what they are.
So pang would be a samuri and SP his undead slave. He needs to be all bones, but have the little pilot hat and goggles, you know what im sayin? Ernie should be a clown. Wouldnt he be perfect for it? Or maybe a penguin.... I dunno why. Daleks is a dino. And I need a little robber mask. The one that only covers your eyes. And either a orange jump suit or horizontal striped shirt. Or a cape. Ah, as long as I dont look stupid ill be happy.
Perhaps these should be bonus characters. Some more erh... normal ones are needed. Maybe they will work. I dunno.

Posted Nov 12, '12 at 10:46pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

We need a bad guy, and I don't know what Ernie should be yet. I thought of a janitor, but I didn't like it after thinking it over. So, maybe he should be our bad guy? Evil robot with a brain! *Gasp* That's just a sketch, so I'll need to make him more ghost-looking or add some limbs.

Otherwise, yeah. Daleks is a dino. pang is a samurai/ninja. Skele is a skeleton pilot (obviously :P). Lastly, pickpocket is some kind of jailbird. Maybe you could be the guy that breaks into stuff and, I don't know, hacks the robots or something?

I did want Skele to have a bigger role because him being a slave is kind of small for such a dynamic person. I mean, he's a ****** skeleton AND a pilot? Maybe he could do transport in the story? Y'know, fly the team to their destinations?

Posted Nov 12, '12 at 11:11pm

pickpocket

pickpocket

3,322 posts

We need a bad guy, and I don't know what Ernie should be yet. I thought of a janitor, but I didn't like it after thinking it over. So, maybe he should be our bad guy?

Yeah! Though, I think he should have more of a human look to him. We could make him one of those lovable villains. And it would make it more entertaining too. Make the entire thing seem lighter with humorous verbal attacks from the villain and humorous enemies. Like that thing from "give up". I forget its name right now....
OH I have another good idea. We have one character that you start as, maybe salvy? Then, you are attacked by robots to which you show the controls. Then you run around a bit and find a plane. Then you find a dead pilot. He is skeleton pilot. He gets up and you are both attacked by robots. He is AI controlled for now. Then, once they are all dead, you and SP fly to the major city to take out Ernie. At this point, you unlock SP as a play able character. Then, you continue to advance through the city. You hear rumors of a rebellion being planned in a Chinese restaurant. You ask the manager about it and he pretends he doesnt know. You then tell him you would like to help him, and he explains. He is the owner of the restaurant, and a samuri master named pangtongshu. He cannot take the robots anymore and joins you. Now you can play as salvy, pang, or sp. Then, pang brings up another person. He says this person could be very helpful to us in our efforts. He explains that this person is very good at hiding, and hasent been seen in years. He is a bit like a robin hood, stealing from the robots and helping people. You head through downtown in search of this person, only to be ambushed by robots. When you think all hope is lost, someone shows up on scene in the nick of time to save the group. That someone is me, the mighty pickpocket. I realize that I too could help the group, and so I am now a playable character. Then, we hear about the robots capturing animals from all times (this is the future, yes there is time travel) and performing tests on them. So we all decide to attack one of there facilities. We are fighting and decide to open up a few cages. Fortunately, we find another useful addition to our team, Daleks the dinosaur (T-rex to b exact). He was dragged from his mother and brought here. He now can talk do to the tests. He also has larger arms and thumbs, how convenient. We continue through various other quests for a while. Then we go attack Ernie. We destroy Ernie and there is a parade for the heros going on during the credits. Then, after the credits are over, you see the destroyed Ernie machine. Then, it follows a pipe underground were we see the true Ernie, who is actually a human, wake up from a long sleep. This leaves possibility for a sequel and is a fairly good ending.
Thoughts?

Posted Nov 13, '12 at 12:02am

IAgreeWithYou

IAgreeWithYou

419 posts

How long do you expect this game to go for and once you finish it do you plan to have a mode that can keep you entertained for a little while longer?

Sorry I didn't contribute anything just yet but I just want to get a little feel for the game first.

So it is a RPG, Action (?), Platformer and puzzle game? Once I know how long it is I'll try and start right away.

Reply to Working Title - It's a Salvidious Game

You must be logged in to post a reply!