xerox

308 posts

So am i in ? Im curious... 

So now we are on robots?

Posted Nov 13, '12 at 3:15pm

The_Gentlemen

The_Gentlemen

45 posts

Well, if there are flying lazer robots, samurais, and skeleton pilots, why not a gentleman?

Y'know, we need someone that throws jokes that no one understands and calls the skeleton "Skinny".

I kinda have a place in the story for him. And lotsa bios ready.

So, robots created by some mad doctor took over the world. Some rebels remained and fighted, while others fortified their lands.

The mad scientist retreated somewhere and created a cyborg to stop the robots. He gave him the power of various ancient Chinese gods. Because, y'know, he was Chinese. Who else than a Chinese would build a robot army?
He named the cyborg Pangtongush. He's going to be the warrior guy, and have special abilities that I will explain later.

And then we have Pickpocket, a thief that lived his life day to day, until he got a special dagger used by none other than the Robot King. The weapon throwed some sort of robotic virus in him, so now Pickpocket has to kill the robot leader to survive. He's going to be the thief guy (DUH), the one that assassinates enemies and breaks locks.

Zerro Furrbone is a werewolf cyborg created by the robots during an experiment to empower robots with super speed, agility and strenght.
Unfortunately, a wolf fell on the human test subject while the experimental "robotizing" laser hitted him. The result was Zerro Furrbone. He's going to have berserker abilities. The one with highest attack and lowest health.

Erni was one of the rebels. The best fighter in their armies. When the robots killed his wife and family, he started an one-man assault to destroy the Robot King. He's the archer guy, with the only difference that he uses guns instead of arrows. 

The Skeleton Pilot was a courageous pilot that tried to launch a nuke right into the Robot King's ***. Oh wait, did I say *** ? I mean head. Unfortunately, he failed. The samurai Pangtongush revived him because he needed a way to get into one of the robot flagballons. He's going to bring the squad into all places. I was thinking about some bullet hell style missions with him, but I don't know if these can be programmed.

The Gentleman was the secret agent of Britain, one of the few nations that resisted the robotic assault.  After the nation's scientists found that steam powered weapons highy damaged robots, and after they watched lots of
007 movies, they sended the Gentleman, armed with various gadgets and gizmos, to definitely stop and destroy the robot army. He's the Mage guy, with a steam bar instead of mana.

Daleks is a dino once frozen in Antarctica, found by the robots and brought to one of their flagballons. The dino escaped and is now rampaging in the world. Did I say that due to robotic enhancements he can talk? He's the...uh...I can't really find a role...super behemoth? DUH.

Is everyone happy with my ideas? Do I need to make some changes?
Did I forget someone?

I also know how to use Gimp, so I may do some art too.

Posted Nov 13, '12 at 4:47pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

Ok, I'll respond to comments about story soon. I ran this stuff by the guys and, well, it's going to be a platformer. So far each character will be able to fit in somewhere, but we're still perfecting the bios. I need a heapload of details for each character; what they look like, rich backstory, relation to other guys, everything. I has to be super in-depth. You don't have to make a backstory for yourself but you can.

How long do you expect this game to go for and once you finish it do you plan to have a mode that can keep you entertained for a little while longer?

There'll be some sort of minigame mode, but I don't know what type yet. I haven't decided if I want the ability to build stuff in the main game or in a minigame mode.

Otherwise, yeah, xerox and Gentleman are both in. I'll start on some more character boards right now.

Posted Nov 13, '12 at 5:00pm

The_Gentlemen

The_Gentlemen

45 posts

Otherwise, yeah, xerox and Gentleman are both in. I'll start on some more character boards right now.

Thanks.

I actually was working on the character bios too. Not exactly now (it's 11 pm here...), but later.

I suggested a minigame up there. Bullet hell anyone?

Posted Nov 13, '12 at 5:38pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

Actually, xerox's werewolf character might not make the cut. I'm willing to change it, but we voted it out. By "we," I mean everyone but me. :P

I suggested a minigame up there. Bullet hell anyone?

Maybe.

Posted Nov 13, '12 at 6:11pm

pickpocket

pickpocket

3,356 posts

Oh, I forgot xero entirely. But im sure you could squeeze him in, but maybe not as a werewolf...
I shall back story my own genius character. I have two different options for me as a character.
Option 1-No one knows much about him (me). Rumors were that he was just a normal child at one time. The robots came and killed his family and everything he has ever know. Now, he constantly seeks revenge on the robots for what they did to him. At one point, he worked with pangtongshu and SP- but before he was SP. SP was just P. Then the robots killed him. I was determined not to lose another friend, so i broke in and stole in and stole high tech robot equipment. Pang hit some buttons, and skeleton pilot was born. Since I attacked the base alone, the rbots would come to look for me, but no one else. I run away from the team and go into hiding, becoming more of a myth than a person. Mean while, Pang hears of a new rebel (sal) and sends skeleton pilot to pick him up while pang stays and looks over the Chinese restaurant.

This character I imagine more of an assassin and stealth based. For a design, a black/purple cape with a hood would do.

Option 2
In this version, he (still me) was raised by his family till the age of twelve. This is when the robots take over. He is split from his parents. He is then found by a rebel group, almost like a gang. Though still young, he was an asset to the group. He was small, quick and smart. He was an expert thief. He most talented as a pickpocket. The group soon refered to him only as pickpocket. Then, the un thinkable happened. Robots found the rebels. In a fierce fight, the gang leader pushes pickpocket up to the roofs and tell him to run. He runs and runs an runs. He finally stops downtown, were the robots have gotten worse. People are being pushed around. Women and children killed. Pickpocket returns to the old gang base and find the a case belonging to the leader. There is a note on it that says "pickpocket". He opens it up and finds a mask and a pistol. Now he returns to the downtown area and uses all his skills to defeat many of the robots. When the robots leave, the people cheer and look for there savior, but he is no where to be seen. Pickpocket secretly continues to protect the people. He functions as a robin hood character for many years. That is, until a group of well trained rebels come in search of the mythical man. Their mission, destroy the robots once and for all.
This character I would imagine having either just the eye covering mask or a full face mask. A black hoodie and black pants would go well. I prefer the ideas of a full faced mask either white or black, but thats your choice. This character would have a mouth like spiderman. He would be less stealthy than the previous one, but still pretty good. A bonus for this character would be the ability to earn 10% more cash from killing enemies (if you include money)

Posted Nov 13, '12 at 6:18pm

xerox

xerox

308 posts

Ah... the cute werewolf is always the one, everyone hates....

So the Talking dinosaur, the somehow alive skeleton, and the Ninja Cyborg are in? Yes, this game is sooooo realistic!

Posted Nov 13, '12 at 6:21pm

killersup10

killersup10

1,786 posts

Yes, this game is sooooo realistic!

games are supposed to be realistic? Since when?

Posted Nov 13, '12 at 6:23pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

Both options are good, but the gang one sounds more appealing because it hints at some more backstory and I'm not in the game. I'll do a character board for you tonight, probably.

Anyway, here is a basic CB for pang.
pang flying
pang standing
I thought it would be interesting if he didn't have a face, but could still make noise. It adds to the ninja idea, but considering pickpocket is a similar character we might have to make some changes.

Oh, and here's The Gentleman's super rough draft. I can't draw suits. :X

Posted Nov 13, '12 at 6:23pm

royalguy

royalguy

92 posts

this sounds interesting

Reply to Working Title - It's a Salvidious Game

You must be logged in to post a reply!