ForumsArt, Music, and WritingWorking Title - It's a Salvidious Game

202 69707
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Welcome folks.

This weekend I was fortunate enough to meet up with a couple long-time friends. For months I've been trying to get a hold of them, and now that I have we'll start on our first flash game for AG. Before we actually start making the game, we'll need to learn some fancy flash code stuff so we know what we're doing. I know bits and pieces, but not enough to make a half-decent game. We have 9 months to get the game's blueprints done, but we'll have to balance school as well. Production will take a month, or maybe two.

Anyway, I'll be doing general bug testing and graphic work, while the other guys will be doing the other stuff. Sounds like we have everything covered, right? No. We need a story. I want to include some interesting characters from the site, but we need help. I'll be popping in every once in a while to write bits and pieces because the main story will most likely fall into my lap.

The guys liked my username so much we're naming our baby production Salvidious Games. Do me proud, and be in a game.

So, to start things off, I'll need a setting. Throw your ideas out there; I need places, times, the whole shabang. I also need an exciting plot. In the plot, we need characters. Nominate yourself as a character, give some traits. Write a book.

Get going folks!

• 202 Replies
xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

I hope those paintings are the pre pre pre pre pre pre pre pre pre pre pre pre pre pre pre drafts

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Killersup's bio:

The heroes are mourning their dead comrade in the grave yard when they come across a man called Killersup who lost his wife due to the enemy of the main character. The heroes hear him swear that he will avenge her. The heroes ask for his help, yet he likes to work alone. He tells them that if they can defeat him he will join them. In the end they win the battle and Killersup joins them in their journey.

I hope those paintings are the pre pre pre pre pre pre pre pre pre pre pre pre pre pre pre drafts

Don't worry, they are. xD

I'll write some actual story tomorrow, but I don't know how much I'll get done considering I have standardized tests all day.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

The heroes are mourning their dead comrade in the grave yard

Which could be Skeleton Pilot yes?
Or maybe Ernie could have been a hero who we thought had died, but really became the leader of the robots?
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I need a heapload of details for each character; what they look like, rich backstory, relation to other guys, everything. I has to be super in-depth. You don't have to make a backstory for yourself but you can.

I will need more of a plot to know what is happening so I can figure out where I will fit in and have a relationship with the characters. I wouldn't want me randomly popping in. You can just send me a rough summary of the story if you want.

As for my character and how he looks. He looks like a T-rex, well duh, so tall, small arms, and other T-rex stuff. Probably about the same color as I am in my armatar. I guess part of the bio would be my powers? I could smash things with my head. Sadly because of my small arms I will not be able to pick things up or use weapons. I can use my tail and head has weapons. I cannot jump much but I can help people get to higher places. Ummmm....that is all I can think about right now. It is late and I don't know enough of what is what yet.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Which could be Skeleton Pilot yes?
Or maybe Ernie could have been a hero who we thought had died, but really became the leader of the robots?

Haven't decided yet. We need to choose where we're going with the story first. So, we're doing robots. The idea of Skele dying is up in the air yet. How did he die? On the other hand, we could also do Ernie, but imo Skele would work better with the role because he still has to have a backstory behind his death. There have been ones mentioned, but none decided upon.

I will need more of a plot to know what is happening so I can figure out where I will fit in and have a relationship with the characters. I wouldn't want me randomly popping in. You can just send me a rough summary of the story if you want.

Like I said, I'll be looking over the storylines mentioned and I'll get a draft going tomorrow. But I was thinking you'd be brought back from the past by the robots as one of their experiments and rampaged through the lab and ran off. I don't know you'd be aligned with the oddball team though...
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

I'm not going to lie, this sounds extremely interesting.

I don't want to say that I'd want to be in the game yet since I'm tired and I really would want to explain myself well. So I'll sleep on it and come back to this as soon as possible and see if I can help out with this.. If I'm allowed that is.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Pangtongush

I'm guessing the misspelling was on purpose? That I shall let slide...but please keep my name lowercase (even if my name is at the start of a sentence..pretty please keep it lowercase =p thank you!)

pang flying
pang standing

A bit confuzzled here..is that just my arm and my head/top of torso is missing? O.o
The_Gentlemen
The_Gentlemen
177 posts
Peasant

Oh god, I look like a corporate CEO!

I'l try to make my own concept art. My character looks more like oldshool gentlemens, tophats monocles and all.

Hey, what if Skeleton Pilot died in the first war, when the robots first attacked Earth? By trying to destroy the Robot King.

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

I'l try to make my own concept art. My character looks more like oldshool gentlemens, tophats monocles and all.

Hmmm this looks much more like an old school.. Interesting, just like a gentleman? ... Hmmmm.. TOO MUCH LIKE GENTLEMEN! People are gonna get too civilized from that appearance! Even Slenderman, who looks like a fine gentlemen, HAS NO FACE and has no monocle !

Sorry my dear sir, but YOUR FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

If I'm allowed that is.

Yeah you are.

A bit confuzzled here..is that just my arm and my head/top of torso is missing? O.o

Precisely! I thought it'd look more interesting if your face was gone. Thoughts?

Oh god, I look like a corporate CEO!

I'd bet a kindergartner could draw a better suit than I.

Ah, so you're a man who built America?

Sorry my dear sir, but YOUR FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trump reference?
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Wow, well looks like I can't be part of this project unfortunately.

I am going to be way too busy in the coming weeks with football, school, etc. Sorry I kinda mislead but If I do get any free time and I remember about this I'll try and just help instead of actually implementing something. xD

Coyote421
Coyote421
27 posts
Nomad

Year 3015. The basics of it are that robots have taken over everything.

Robots from the future decided that mankind screwed up everything in the past way too much so they went in the past, and keep going farther and farther in the past as you beat them until...you meet the first primates to ever exist and must protect their life for mankind, monkeys, chimpanzees and such. After this battle with all the enemies destroyed you leave an artifact to let your future selves discover: TIME MACHINES SUCK.

Natives from each time period would also be trying to attack you because everyone is afraid of people from the future. 20th century would attack everyone with machine guns, bombs, etc. Medieval would attack with arrows, catapults, witchcraft blah blah blah you get the point.

So yeah. Plot idea thrown into the blue. Wild animals [coyotes ;D] could be mind controlled by both sides to attack enemies.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

The Gentleman. I think that one looks MUCH better.

Here's what I have for story:

pickpocket:
Welcome to the year 3015. Compared to a thousand years ago, this would be hell. The way we see it, well, it's life for us. Each of us live day-to-die under their rule. That is, some of us do. Others get crazy from oppression and try to get free, but only a few have actually made it out. The ones that don't, well, you know the rest. For us "scared folk," we do as the leaders say. We spend days upon days mining ore in the harsh caves of what was once called Africa. We have to survive blistering heat, blind darkness, and mere exhaustion. We do this to gather parts for our leaders. There's talk that the ore is melted down into material to keep our leaders alive, but they're just rumors.

"BRRTTZZZ. Human minion. Wake yourself."

I got out of my bed, er, steel table and walked over to my supervisor.

"Yes?"

"You will be doing sector 3891 for the next six weeks due to a slacking in activity."

Sector 3891 was basically a prison where most people never left.

"Slacking in activity? What are you talking about?

"According to our mass scales, you only retrieved 98 kg of iron last week. That is unacceptable. It is exactly 64% less than your co-humans. Therefore, you have been ruled to sector 3891."

He was right, but it wasn't my fault. My leg was crushed by a crane operated my some faulty computer so I had to spend 3 days in the hospital. Fortunately we have the technology to recover from such accidents in an extremely short period of time. If it happened 1000 years ago I would have never walked again.

"Why can't I stay here!? You know just as well as I do that I'll never come back!"

"Calm yourself or I will be forced to use aggressive force."

"No! I'm not going anywhere!"

Due to my idiotic rebelliousness, I found myself lying on the floor of a prison cell. At this point I would have much rather gone to sector 3891. I didn't know what prison it was exactly, but there were rats everywhere. As I think back, they were in the food, crawled on my sleeping body, and loved eating corpses after they died of the horrendous conditions. We had 1 meal a day, and it was almost always a single pill that would keep us alive. We were always on the verge of death due to starvation and dehydration. We sat on the cold ground all day; we weren't allowed to talk at all. There was no furnace nor ventilation. I never knew what day it was. All in all, I think I had spent an entire year within those bloody walls.

Then the awesome day came. The day I like referring to as the awesomeness day. The day I was saved by awesomeness.

---

Thoughts?

The_Gentlemen
The_Gentlemen
177 posts
Peasant

Thoughts?

Well duh, seems good.
I have a story idea too. Can I still submit it?

Yeah, my character is a lot better too.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I have a story idea too. Can I still submit it?

Sure.

Yeah, my character is a lot better too.

I thought it was too. I love the graphics in John's games (mostly made by Jimp) so they'll probably look a lot like his.
Showing 31-45 of 202