ForumsArt, Music, and WritingWorking Title - It's a Salvidious Game

202 69712
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Welcome folks.

This weekend I was fortunate enough to meet up with a couple long-time friends. For months I've been trying to get a hold of them, and now that I have we'll start on our first flash game for AG. Before we actually start making the game, we'll need to learn some fancy flash code stuff so we know what we're doing. I know bits and pieces, but not enough to make a half-decent game. We have 9 months to get the game's blueprints done, but we'll have to balance school as well. Production will take a month, or maybe two.

Anyway, I'll be doing general bug testing and graphic work, while the other guys will be doing the other stuff. Sounds like we have everything covered, right? No. We need a story. I want to include some interesting characters from the site, but we need help. I'll be popping in every once in a while to write bits and pieces because the main story will most likely fall into my lap.

The guys liked my username so much we're naming our baby production Salvidious Games. Do me proud, and be in a game.

So, to start things off, I'll need a setting. Throw your ideas out there; I need places, times, the whole shabang. I also need an exciting plot. In the plot, we need characters. Nominate yourself as a character, give some traits. Write a book.

Get going folks!

• 202 Replies
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

I'm not the best with flash games, and I've not really read through this thread to see what the game is about, but, I'd try it, anyway.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

That's specifically what I asked for. I know I can always count on you, Daleks. :P

The_Gentlemen
The_Gentlemen
177 posts
Peasant

That's specifically what I asked for. I know I can always count on you, Daleks. :P

Well duh, I can do the beta too.

Especially if my character has a monocle laser.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Rawr. It's Daleks the dino. The legs are too thick, I know, haha.

So, we have:
-pang
-pickpocket
-The Gentleman
-Daleks

That leaves Ernie, Skele, and Killersup for basic CB's. We haven't decided on what Ernie should be. Skele is a skeleton (obviously) with goggles. We haven't decided even where Killersup should go in the story yet/what he is.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

pang made according to the motif.

*gasp* I...look..so..beautiful! I loves it!!

Also...I would be honored to beta-test it
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

I would like to beta test too.
Please

Coyote421
Coyote421
27 posts
Nomad

@Coyote
Looked over your stuff and it looks interesting. I'll see if we can do something like that, but I don't know how coyotes will work. I'll sleep on it.

If anything, my input is that there are some animals that are very adaptive to the **** thrown at them. Coyotes, foxes, certain bugs, rats, mice, and racoons kinda all have that survivor thing going with them. IDK, mind control of them just sounds awesome to me as some kind of special attack or whatever.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

So any progress/news/updates Sal?

ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

Choose me! I am a fellow Iowan! (WDM) I am also not rich like most of the other people in WDM. Perfect character for a story!

70_70_70
70_70_70
393 posts
Peasant

@Saldivian: i wanna be a beta tester also- like Daleks XD
can u send me the link to the beta game when u release it?

70_70_70
70_70_70
393 posts
Peasant

@Salvidian: oh yeh and if there is still a slot for a character, can u add me into it too coz I wanna be a Barbarian in ur game lah XD
A fearless character with incredible strength and dun afraid of dying lah Xd

70_70_70
70_70_70
393 posts
Peasant

or a robot or cyborg is still ok for me, just the most important things about mah character is he is strong, but simple minded and luv natural and animals lah :-P
oh and he always made ppl lol bcoz of his- well stupidity- i mean innocently stupidity- or u can say a FOOL lah XD

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Hey guys got an update from Sal

Anyway, I'm getting some new hardware in 2 weeks to fix my computer up, so you won't see me around until next year - that is, if the world doesn't end. xD

Sure, I'd be happy to relay some info.

The story is completely done. I can't type it out at the moment but I will when I get the chance. The story begins with the robots taking over everything, the team meets up, and kills the big bad robot. I was able to meet with a guy by the name of Cody G, and he used to build servers for Blizzard, so the game WILL have Multiplayer. We're also releasing it as an MMO. Everything was a little delayed so expect the game to be out in 6 months or so.

The gameplay is super excited, and I'm pumped with how well it's going. My buddy Paul has been working day and night to get the fighting super awesome. There's a mix of puzzle, beat-em-up, and we even have vehicles and a team function.

The MMO version will be played in a sandbox style. The entire game-world is open up to everyone at any time, and we're planing on adding a leveling system in a month. The MMO game will also include around 200 items, 5 vehicles, 20 enemies, and the map will be the size of 20 unique cities.

So that is what is going on so far..I don't know how he is getting these contacts O.o but go Sal!

Also...if you have any questions or comments for Sal..put them on here and I will relay the message

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

so the game WILL have Multiplayer. We're also releasing it as an MMO.

**** YEAH.
Not many people have a video game character based off them. Im so happy. *hugs pang so pang can hug sal for him*
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

pang and I are twins. That's why we could communicate.

So, everything up there is recent, except for the fact that our sound guy bailed on us. I can't do sound, like, at all, so we need to find a new one. I'll probably pop over to NG sometime and see if anyone over there needs something to do.

I'm going to release a full-length teaser soon.

Showing 61-75 of 202