So people don't ignore this, I'm not mentally unstable, I don't have any issues with my brain, and I didn't get abducted by aliens! I'm just here to show people SCIENTIFIC PROOF that the world will not end on December 21st, 2012. I've talked to multiple people on these forums, and many others and they still believe in the whole "mayan calender ending in 2012 apocalypse" BS. Let me start out with the facts.
1) Mayan Calender: The Mayan long count is a non-repeating, vigesimal (base-20) and base-18 calendar used by several Pre-Columbian Mesoamerican cultures, most notably the Maya. The way it works is that after 584,283 it comes to an end and a new one starts. Just like our calendar ends 31st December, changes the year and starts again on the 1st of January. This in principle is how the Mayan calendar works. Currently the Mayan long count is at 18.104.22.168.10 and come December 21st, 2012, it will become 22.214.171.124.0 so that's 13 cycles since this calender was put into play. It's like the odometer being reset on your car, the car is still there, but the numbers are reset. Nothing is changed, nothing happens, it's just a Baktun 14 starts. The date was used by psuedo-scientists, who aren't scientists at all.
2) Nibiru (Planet X): This theory is simply idiotic. The crazy people that believe this planet is going to crash into Earth, should be locked in an insane asylum. Let me just point out the obvious, it's November 21st, 2012, 1 month from the apparent impact, but yet this (non-existent) planet is not visible. Surely, if a planet 10-times the size of Earth was coming towards us, it would be visible by the naked-eye, and from telescopes all around the world. It's not! Some other theories are, that it has a 3600-year orbit around the sun. So does that mean it (non-existent planet) hits Earth every 3600 years? I'm pretty sure people have been around for hundreds of thousands of years, and our planet has been around for billions of years. This theory is just stupid, and there is NO scientific proof of it's existence, because, IT DOESN'T EXIST!
3) Asteroids, Meteors, Comets: I'll keep this one short, because this we can't really rebut. The Earth has been hit by asteroids, and meteors in the past. We cannot simply say that the Earth won't get bombarded again, but as of now, no near-Earth objects (NEO) will have any impact of our lives for the next few decades. I know, decades, very short period of time, but NASA is experimenting ways for us to avoid being the target of a fierce NEO.
4) Earthquakes, Volcanic Eruptions, Tsunamis: Again, we cannot rebut this one either. These things happen all of the time, but the Earth is in a mid-life crisis, no pun intended. The tectonic plates are moving, sliding, crashing all of the time. It's not abnormal, it's been happening for millions of years. As of now, seismic activity, volcanoes, and anything of that nature at it's norm. Surely if something catastrophic was to happen, we would have some signs by now? To believe in a massive tsunami the size of Texas, is just stupid.
5) Past D-Days: December 21, 2012 - This isn't the first date of an apparent doomsday, and it won't be the last. December 31st, 1999 - January 1st, 2000 - This date is important, because it was the first year we ever had a "2000". Disregard any of the apparent and BS rumors during that time, people just assumed because we've never seen a "2000" before, the world must end! RIGHT!? No! Then in May 2003, Nancy Lieder (she was abducted by Zeta Aliens, and they told her about "nibiru") told people Nibiru would impact Earth in May of 2003. This didn't happen, so these Leider-followers researched the Mayan Calender, changed the name of their websites, and changed the date the world would end. First, it was November 21st, 2011, well we're still alive and it's a year after that. Then it was November 19th, 2012, well it's 21st, so let me guess.. nothing happened? Now it's December 21st, 2012. This date is the start of the Winter Solstice, that happens every year. Nothing abnormal will happen, the world will not end, and we will all have a great Christmas!
Stop stressing about something that is not remotely possible, relevant, or likely. Live your life, love your family, and have a great holiday season!
We strive to deliver the best gaming experiences... on the internet and on your mobile phone. Play thousands of free online games for kids, get access to free mmorpg games, online rpg games, fun online flash games, and more.
We offer free flash games in many different genres: online shooting games, online puzzle games, online war games, free online car games, free online hidden object games and dozens more.
This is the best place on the web to play online games for free... play on Armor Games! No matter what game style you prefer, we've got it here.
Gaming websites, passionate bloggers, and quirky streamers are welcome to share or review our games. If you need game keys, art, trailers, screenshots or more check out our press kit website.
Game developer? Visit developers.armorgames.com to request AG developer status, find documentation on our APIs, and get access to our development environment. Let's make sweet, sweet games together.
Looking for a publishing partner that can help your app rocket to success? Contact the mobile team to learn more about how we can help!