ForumsWEPR2012 Apocalypse Not? Not.

96 33782
navysealmike
navysealmike
5 posts
Nomad

So people don't ignore this, I'm not mentally unstable, I don't have any issues with my brain, and I didn't get abducted by aliens! I'm just here to show people SCIENTIFIC PROOF that the world will not end on December 21st, 2012. I've talked to multiple people on these forums, and many others and they still believe in the whole "mayan calender ending in 2012 apocalypse" BS. Let me start out with the facts.

1) Mayan Calender: The Mayan long count is a non-repeating, vigesimal (base-20) and base-18 calendar used by several Pre-Columbian Mesoamerican cultures, most notably the Maya. The way it works is that after 584,283 it comes to an end and a new one starts. Just like our calendar ends 31st December, changes the year and starts again on the 1st of January. This in principle is how the Mayan calendar works. Currently the Mayan long count is at 12.19.19.16.10 and come December 21st, 2012, it will become 13.0.0.0.0 so that's 13 cycles since this calender was put into play. It's like the odometer being reset on your car, the car is still there, but the numbers are reset. Nothing is changed, nothing happens, it's just a Baktun 14 starts. The date was used by psuedo-scientists, who aren't scientists at all.

2) Nibiru (Planet X): This theory is simply idiotic. The crazy people that believe this planet is going to crash into Earth, should be locked in an insane asylum. Let me just point out the obvious, it's November 21st, 2012, 1 month from the apparent impact, but yet this (non-existent) planet is not visible. Surely, if a planet 10-times the size of Earth was coming towards us, it would be visible by the naked-eye, and from telescopes all around the world. It's not! Some other theories are, that it has a 3600-year orbit around the sun. So does that mean it (non-existent planet) hits Earth every 3600 years? I'm pretty sure people have been around for hundreds of thousands of years, and our planet has been around for billions of years. This theory is just stupid, and there is NO scientific proof of it's existence, because, IT DOESN'T EXIST!

3) Asteroids, Meteors, Comets: I'll keep this one short, because this we can't really rebut. The Earth has been hit by asteroids, and meteors in the past. We cannot simply say that the Earth won't get bombarded again, but as of now, no near-Earth objects (NEO) will have any impact of our lives for the next few decades. I know, decades, very short period of time, but NASA is experimenting ways for us to avoid being the target of a fierce NEO.

4) Earthquakes, Volcanic Eruptions, Tsunamis: Again, we cannot rebut this one either. These things happen all of the time, but the Earth is in a mid-life crisis, no pun intended. The tectonic plates are moving, sliding, crashing all of the time. It's not abnormal, it's been happening for millions of years. As of now, seismic activity, volcanoes, and anything of that nature at it's norm. Surely if something catastrophic was to happen, we would have some signs by now? To believe in a massive tsunami the size of Texas, is just stupid.

5) Past D-Days: December 21, 2012 - This isn't the first date of an apparent doomsday, and it won't be the last. December 31st, 1999 - January 1st, 2000 - This date is important, because it was the first year we ever had a "2000". Disregard any of the apparent and BS rumors during that time, people just assumed because we've never seen a "2000" before, the world must end! RIGHT!? No! Then in May 2003, Nancy Lieder (she was abducted by Zeta Aliens, and they told her about "nibiru&quot told people Nibiru would impact Earth in May of 2003. This didn't happen, so these Leider-followers researched the Mayan Calender, changed the name of their websites, and changed the date the world would end. First, it was November 21st, 2011, well we're still alive and it's a year after that. Then it was November 19th, 2012, well it's 21st, so let me guess.. nothing happened? Now it's December 21st, 2012. This date is the start of the Winter Solstice, that happens every year. Nothing abnormal will happen, the world will not end, and we will all have a great Christmas!

Stop stressing about something that is not remotely possible, relevant, or likely. Live your life, love your family, and have a great holiday season!

Regards,

Mike

• 96 Replies
viperx99
viperx99
24 posts
Nomad

they still believe in the whole "mayan calender ending in 2012 apocalypse" BS.

If someone is stupid enough to believe this stuff, Its not worth making a 5 paragraph essay explaining the facts. They'll just have to wait it out. I bet people are gonna do it again with 2013, '13' being a bad number, just as they did in 2k, this year, the year after next year, and so on. Hopefully people will just get bored and stop with this fear bs.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

1) Mayan Calender

Don't forget the fact that the Mayan's didn't have leap year in their calender...taking this into account the world would have ended a while back ago had the Mayan Calender world ending been real...
Moe
Moe
1,715 posts
Blacksmith

Don't forget the fact that the Mayan's didn't have leap year in their calender...taking this into account the world would have ended a while back ago had the Mayan Calender world ending been real...

Whether the Mayans had leap year or not is immaterial, the translation from their calendar to ours takes it into account either way.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Whether the Mayans had leap year or not is immaterial, the translation from their calendar to ours takes it into account either way.

bullseye.

anyway. here comes the link again for all the info anyone would need to know to debunk the 2012 doomsday BS.

2012hoax.org
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

1. mayas did never make a prediction of the end of the world (or any prediction for that matter)
2. mayas 2nd or 3th cycle is 18 instead of the 20 cycles like the rest of the calendar. this is a sort of leap they made about every 3 (modern) years.
3. following the maya calendar the calendar will end in 41,341,049,999,999,999,999,999,994,879 years in the future!
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

For the whole calendar thing, our calendars end every year. The world doesn't end every year.

Why is it that people have the notion that really old stuff is somehow more accurate or containing supernatural information? Old stuff is just old, often really broken, inefficient, and inaccurate, or at the very, very best, not quite as good as what we have now. Why would the Mayans, or any culture/society from over a thousand years ago, be able to do what we cannot do now?

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,250 posts
Regent

Nibiru exists. It's the planet the Annunaki came from. Although it won't crash into Earth. And just because people haven't discovered it yet doesn't meant that it doesn't exist. It is quite far off. And I doubt that the ancient Sumerian people just lied about Nibiru and The Annunaki just to annoy people in the future. Make sure you do research before you criticize others beliefs.

As fara s my short research goes, the Annunaki are a class of ruling deities in ancient mesopotamian mythology. Unless you call all ancient deities aliens, I doubt there's anything to it.

Nibiru appears as a name in babylonian creation myths, either describing a deity or an astral body related to the deity, most likely a known one (Jupiter, some say). The idea that Nibiru is an unknown celestial body is a modern idea some authors came up with.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

The "Star Wars" space defense system will protect us. I'm pretty sure Kennedy made this one and named it after his favorite movie. But still meteors HAVE caused extinction events. But I doubt one will happen soon.
The Star Wars system is the name applied to the SDI, planned to protect us from Soviet nukes.

Past D-Days:
What about a last year when the rapture happened? (on may 21st)

~~~Darth Caedus
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Nibiru exists.

right...

if you havn't see the planet yet how can you name it?
if nibiru exists then planet "shoppingisexpensive" also exists.

btw here is a video that i hope will help you to stop believing it.

2. How can you be sure this is the entire calender? Maybe they didn't have anymore room.

they have about 7 bigger cycles then the bhakum cycle. and it is about the end of the 13th bhakum cycle while there are 20. there are plenty more cycles to come. at this point they were only halfway. there was enough more room.

This was not the first mention of Nibiru. The first mention of Nibiru is in Ancient Sumerian Texts. So research it.

i doubt that the ancient Sumerian people just lied about Nibiru and The Annunaki just to annoy people in the future.

so you believe every ancient prediction and/or story and/or myth and/or religion and/or whatever els they did. is right?

maybe whit nibiru they meant what we call the moon.
or are the talking about the planet being 5 light years away or whatever and somehow they could have seen it?
sorry but this whole nibiru thing is just bollocks.

The "Star Wars" space defense system will protect us.

we can't stop meteors or comets or anything the falls from space. period.
there are prototypes that theoretically might stop them. but for now we can't puch them off course yet.

Past D-Days:

what about the 400+ (if not more) in the last 2012 year.
JuiceyBox
JuiceyBox
129 posts
Peasant

I agree with the entire post. There is no huge detection of the world ending on 2012, and all those conspiracy theories are fake and their makers should indeed be put in an insane asylum lol.

Cheers! Happy Thanksgiving!

navysealmike
navysealmike
5 posts
Nomad

So because a bunch of ancient people had a story about "aliens" it automatically makes it true and real? So if Oprah told everyone her real name was imblackandproud and she's from planet bum****egypt it automatically makes it truthful? dafuq?

KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

I didn't name it. It's in ancient Sumerian texts.

Guys I told you I don't believe it will smash into Earth. Also I don't believe the Planet X bullcrap. Anyway you obviously haven't researched Annunaki very well. I mean it says they "came from the stars" and they also picture a specific star system.

In other words, Zeus is real. There's no reason why they would make up stories about the greek pantheon otherwise, right?
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I believe that they believe what they wrote. That doesn't necessarily make it true. But they aren't lying.

An how does that not apply to what you're saying?

Also something to consider.
Anunnaki
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Also something to consider.
Anunnaki

To further add to this you don't have to take that sites word for it. Here is a site showing you how to look up what is really being said by the Sumerians for your self.
http://sitchiniswrong.com/anunnaki/anunnaki.htm

Here is the site they are showing you how to use.
http://etcsl.orinst.ox.ac.uk/cgi-bin/etcsl.cgi?charenc=gcirc
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Fake... How would 2012 be real? It's just another theory... And it's not gonna happen. Same thing with Y2K...

Showing 1-15 of 96