Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Battle of the Brands (Current battle: pg. 179)

Posted Jun 20, '13 at 11:46am

xeano321

xeano321

2,568 posts

Knight

The WC was shown in almost all nations worldwide. The Superbowl has a viewership of around 170 million, the WC last had a viewership of more than 600 million.

*Divides 600 million over 30 days* That's 20 million a day on average. The Super Bowl has 170 million for just a few hours.

(Previous battle has ended, so all discussion must be taken to user profiles to avoid confusion with the new battle.)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next Battle:

Hewlett-Packard:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/29/HP_New_Logo_2D.svg/500px-HP_New_Logo_2D.svg.png

Vs.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/48/Dell_Logo.svg/500px-Dell_Logo.svg.png
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Battle ends in 5 days! (Oh yeah, one vote for HP. Much better support, good products, and my cheap computer is still running strong!)

Posted Jun 20, '13 at 11:56am

R2D21999

R2D21999

8,462 posts

HP. Alot of trust there. And Juno was alot more worse on a DELL.

Posted Jun 21, '13 at 8:25am

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,121 posts

Knight

*Divides 600 million over 30 days* That's 20 million a day on average. The Super Bowl has 170 million for just a few hours.

(Previous battle has ended, so all discussion must be taken to user profiles to avoid confusion with the new battle.)

''Unsurprisingly the competition’s most-watched match was the final between Spain and the Netherlands, which reached 619.7 million in-home viewers.''

I vote HP, because the computers I've always been using, and hence trusting, are made by HP.

Posted Jun 21, '13 at 11:43am

xeano321

xeano321

2,568 posts

Knight

''Unsurprisingly the competition’s most-watched match was the final between Spain and the Netherlands, which reached 619.7 million in-home viewers.''

Did you not notice that I requested any further discussion be taken to profiles?

Posted Jun 21, '13 at 11:52am

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,121 posts

Knight

Did you not notice that I requested any further discussion be taken to profiles?

No I didn't, nor do I see the need to, given the large symbols of computer companies that adorn half the page.

Posted Jun 21, '13 at 7:09pm

xeano321

xeano321

2,568 posts

Knight

No I didn't, nor do I see the need to

Look, Dapro turned over control of the thread to me. I expect you to at least be courteous enough to abide by any guidelines I set, even if you don't agree with them.

given the large symbols of computer companies that adorn half the page.

Don't blame it on them that you were failing to read my post, especially since they are before the logos.

Posted Jun 21, '13 at 8:44pm

Shane240199

Shane240199

5 posts

I would make a comment on your latest statements xeano, but, apparently I'm not allowed according to you.
Can't even reply to statements on the last page of a thread.
Looks like someone has a power craving.

Anyhow; I vote for HP, I've used more computers from them, and they seem like they're more durable.

Posted Jun 21, '13 at 9:05pm

Riptizoid101

Riptizoid101

3,356 posts

HP, because they've lasted longer than my Dell products. Yup, I vote for HP.

Posted Jun 21, '13 at 9:38pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,121 posts

Knight

No I didn't, nor do I see the need to

Look, Dapro turned over control of the thread to me. I expect you to at least be courteous enough to abide by any guidelines I set, even if you don't agree with them.

given the large symbols of computer companies that adorn half the page.

Don't blame it on them that you were failing to read my post, especially since they are before the logos.

I follow the rules of the Forum, and tweak them to where I deem them to be applicable. I don't just follow any user laid down rule.

My old schools have always used Dell computers, old, sturdy, slow beasts of burden, hence my dislike of them.

Posted Jun 21, '13 at 10:17pm

xeano321

xeano321

2,568 posts

Knight

I would make a comment on your latest statements xeano, but, apparently I'm not allowed according to you.

Where did I say that? I simply requested that users do not continue to reply to discussions on previous battles, but rather take the discussion to user profiles if you would like the discussion to continue. I requested this to avoid any confusion which might develop. What is wrong with that, may I ask?

Can't even reply to statements on the last page of a thread.

I didn't say you can't reply to stuff on the last page of the thread. I would say what I meant, but I would just be repeating the last paragraph.

Looks like someone has a power craving.

Are you kidding me? I request one thing, and all of a sudden I have a power craving? ha... Ha... HAHAHAHA!!!

I follow the rules of the Forum, and tweak them to where I deem them to be applicable. I don't just follow any user laid down rule.

Where did I lay down a rule? I'll say it again, I am merely requesting that you take discussion from previous battles to the profiles to avoid confusion! A simple request, and you guys are getting all upset.

If you must have a rule, I would think this request would be covered by paragraph 11 of the forum rules. The topic changes when I post a new battle, thus any discussion of previous battles would take the thread off topic. Am I not mistaken?

Reply to Battle of the Brands (Current battle: pg. 179)

You must be logged in to post a reply!