Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Doctor Who...

Posted Mar 20, '13 at 10:34pm

blk2860

blk2860

3,686 posts

Yes, I know, but how does that bring him back? That makes no sense whatsoever. Yes, okay, it's Doctor Who, sense isn't always a priority, but at least they made an effort, before Matt Smith, to explain the why/how of things that occured. Simply "she remembered him" is lazy writing.

*Cough* David Tennant being revived by Tea *Cough*

Posted Mar 24, '13 at 2:44am

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,191 posts

*Cough* David Tennant being revived by Tea *Cough*

*cough* it was the tea vapors that healed his synapses *cough*

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Mar 24, '13 at 1:39pm

wishfulpoison77

wishfulpoison77

123 posts

My friend Sophie is obsessed with David Tennant! (And therefore loves Doctor Who.)

Posted Mar 29, '13 at 10:37am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,691 posts

Knight

One more day!

Posted Mar 29, '13 at 11:29am

blk2860

blk2860

3,686 posts

The Tenth and Eleventh doctors are my favorite. I can't really pick a favorite between the two. Although one of my favorite episodes was Midnight. So, how long does the episode take to get on that site Jacen? The episode's called The Bells of Saint John.

Posted Mar 29, '13 at 11:39am

25 posts

I love that show! I have a sonic screwdriver at my house from the 11th doctor at my house!

Posted Mar 29, '13 at 11:40am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,691 posts

Knight

1channel? Usually the day its released, or a day or two after.

Posted Mar 31, '13 at 12:42am

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,191 posts

http://www.phoebenorth.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/River-SPOILERS.gif

Just watched the newest episode on 1channel, it was quite interesting.

The beginning screen with all the people in the television screens reminded me of the episode with The Wire, and the companion getting absorbed also reminded me of this.

Then we find out that this was also part of the Great Intelligence's handiwork, this sounds like a story arc for the rest of the season.

But the final scene where everyone was reverted back to factory settings and the boss turned out to be a little girl was funny.

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Mar 31, '13 at 10:28pm

daleks

daleks

3,213 posts

Real men watched it on BBC America.

*SPOILERS*
I liked it. It did remind me of the Wire a bit. I wonder if the Great Intelligence is the Master.

@Jacen
She was not a little girl, just controlled for so long that when he let her go that was her mental state.

Posted Mar 31, '13 at 10:46pm

blk2860

blk2860

3,686 posts

@Jacen
She was not a little girl, just controlled for so long that when he let her go that was her mental state.

@daleks
That's not what he meant. She was under the control of the Great Intelligence so long, she hadn't been normal since she was a little kid. The Great Intelligence wiped everyone at the Shard's memory of the Great Intelligence and working there, so all the memories she had were of being a little girl. I assume the Great Intelligence killed her parents. Also, the Great Intelligence is not the Master. From the TARDIS wiki, the GI was around in an original DW episode:

In the universe before this one, Yog-Sothoth had a body that was a mass of tentacles and mouths. (PROSE: Millennial Rites) Like the other Old Ones, it may have lost its body when it ran from the Fendahl. (PROSE: White Darkness) Afterwards, the Intelligence constantly sought physical existence to replace being a shapeless, formless cloud hanging in space. (TV: The Web of Fear)

The Intelligence possessed several people as its main instruments, namely Padmasambhava (TV: The Abominable Snowmen), Staff Sgt. Arnold (TV: The Web of Fear), Edward Travers (HOMEVID: Downtime), and Walter Simeon (TV: The Snowmen). When not using a living being, it maintained a basic manifestation as a three-sided pyramid of control spheres (TV: The Abominable Snowmen) or an ivory pyramid. (HOMEVID: Downtime)

So it was a being from an earlier universe.

Reply to Doctor Who...

You must be logged in to post a reply!