Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Any tics and/or nervous habits?

Posted Nov 29, '12 at 6:24pm

fireangle

fireangle

133 posts

I tap my foot  when excited and stare at people when I'm thinking. People only notice the staring and ask why. I then realize I was staring and begin to explain I wasn't trying to stare.

Posted Nov 29, '12 at 7:35pm

ironblade41

ironblade41

523 posts

For me...I have a tic with my neck. I am constantly flexing it (best word to describe it)..basically it looks like this:

I know someone who does that. He also stretches his jaw when he does that. Anyways, I tap my heel on the floor to get rid of nervous energy. I also mess with my hair, meaning my hair never looks good.

Posted Nov 29, '12 at 10:34pm

killersup10

killersup10

1,784 posts

Killersup will start tapping his foot and completely zone out. Like for a half-hour at a time some days.

Posted Nov 30, '12 at 8:12pm

collimore

collimore

45 posts

I do this weird thing whenever I'm taking tests or nervous... I kind of... brush my hair at the end of my ponytail against my mouth? I don't really know how to describe it but people ask me all the time if I'm eating my hair.

Posted Dec 1, '12 at 12:18am

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,553 posts

So it that sorta like a different version of the beard/goatee rubbing whilst being thoughtful? Sounds almost like it.
Except, you know, minus the beard or goatee part.

Posted Dec 1, '12 at 1:13am

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

3,549 posts

I tend to flinch easily... Very easily. Would that be a nervous habit? ;P

Posted Dec 1, '12 at 1:26am

Kasic

Kasic

5,569 posts

I'm almost always messing with something, whether it's my eraser, a pencil, a yo-yo, some stress ball or anything that's close at hand. It's not really a nervous habit or a tic, I just end up picking things up and twisting them around in my hand or the like. My bedroom accumulates miscellaneous objects from me randomly picking things up and depositing them on the desk absentmindedly.

I remember I once spent almost an hour looking for a certain part from a Lego set only to discover later that I was holding the piece the entire time.

I tend to flinch easily... Very easily. Would that be a nervous habit? ;P

Nah. A nervous habit is something you do when you're nervous. If you flinch at things in general, that's just called being twitchy.

Posted Dec 1, '12 at 1:46am

ShadowArchon

ShadowArchon

109 posts

I bite my nails, or the skin around my nails. not many people notice, fortunately. I also have a habit of twirling my hair around my fingers when I'm completely zoned out.

Reply to Any tics and/or nervous habits?

You must be logged in to post a reply!