Forums

ForumsVideo Games

Game of the year.

Posted Dec 3, '12 at 9:23am

xNightwish

xNightwish

1,654 posts

But you know that a bunch of people would raise hell about it if it won such an award for its ending

Yes but I don't get how people can make such a fuzz about 10 minutes. And btw I said that it's my GOTY so I'm not really saying it will win GOTY.

Posted Dec 3, '12 at 2:47pm

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,838 posts

Since we are touching on indie games now:
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

It was a late addition (came out in October), but it has exploded since then. Has been in the top 10 sales list of Steam more or less since it came out. The game is super addicting and fun to play, and the fact that it is multiplayer only does not damage it at all.
The public was obviously yearning for a first-person visceral melee sword-fighting slasher type of deal, and Chivalry filled that niche perfectly. I've personally played it for over 30 hours already. Which, considering it is a strictly multiplayer game, is a great accomplishment on half of the game to draw me in and make me want to keep on going back to it.

Posted Dec 3, '12 at 4:10pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,472 posts

Knight

Hitman: Absolution is taking a big step away from the game it used to be in order to put more emphasis on story, cinematics and voice acting.

What's so bad about that? Also, from the gameplay I've seen it just looks like an updated version of the previous ones.

Posted Dec 3, '12 at 4:12pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,472 posts

Knight

looks like an updated version of the previous ones.

I mean in a good way. You have missions and tasks you have to complete just like the others. They've added some new things as well, doesn't look like they took a big step away from gameplay.

Posted Dec 3, '12 at 4:13pm

Ancuta

Ancuta

142 posts

From the latest releases I would say Hitman Absolution and Assassins Creed Revelation. I just finished Hitman and it's a very nice and detailed game with a good story.

My first priority would be Battlefield 3! ****nnnnn a nice game :D

Posted Dec 3, '12 at 5:34pm

LucasEM

LucasEM

27 posts

For me Halo 4
Have the best graphics and good history game

Posted Dec 3, '12 at 6:24pm

KentyBK

KentyBK

555 posts

Personal favourites include Xenoblade and the new XCom game. Although in all honesty, 2012 has been kinda bland in terms of game releases.

Posted Dec 3, '12 at 6:28pm

MrStealth

MrStealth

152 posts

i would say black ops 2

Posted Dec 3, '12 at 6:47pm

Roxxar123

Roxxar123

62 posts

I see Halo 4, CoD: Black Ops 2, or Assassin's Creed 3 as the best choices.

Not saying these are the best, but they're well-known and really good anyways.

Posted Dec 3, '12 at 7:18pm

Vagueshade

Vagueshade

84 posts

I see Halo 4, CoD: Black Ops 2, or Assassin's Creed 3 as the best choices.

CoD has never won a GOTY by anyone reputable, and there's gonna be something bad about ACIII because of the ending.

Again, looks like Halo might be taking it home.

Reply to Game of the year.

You must be logged in to post a reply!