ForumsGameshow much money would i get for these games if i sell them at gamestop?

32 9724
arkaninerenegade
arkaninerenegade
785 posts
Nomad

far cry 2
mirrors edge
black ops 1
mw2
mw3
halo reach
prince of persia
lost planet 2
assassins creed 1

the way i see it i would get the most from the COD games

• 32 Replies
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

The thing you need to realize with gamestop is that they are always trying to turn a profit. If they can only sell a game for 20 bucks than they will give you less than 5 dollars for it. And they also take into consideration how old your game is and how likely it is that they will sell it. I brought in PGR 3 and they offered .17 cents for it and I was did the in store credit for 3 dollars instead.

The best place to take your games is usually a pawn shop or to find someone looking for specifics. People at most pawn shops do not know the true value of things. Also you can talk people at the pawn shop into better deals. Tell them key things like this game is in new like condition and what not.

Over the years I have started to hate gamestop. The one in my town tends to give out games that are used without being tested.

So this is what happened we bought a game (MW2) and it didnt work so we replaced it for another one for free and it didnt work, then we tried one more time and it worked.
So we figured out this sneaky dirty little trick. We had 3 scratched discs of MW2 so we bought a used game and then we replaced the good game with one of our own and then we went in and said it didnt work. We ended up doing that with all the messed up copies and had 3 games that didnt work at first and now work.
The thing that gamestop doesnt tell you is that they have a machine that fixes these scratches so the games that dont work they can fix really easy. SO I dont feel bad about switching games on them

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Went to check sales at GameStop a few days ago, I asked them how much they'd give me for Black Ops because I now have two copies of it*, they said 8 store credit, when they're selling it for $40.

*Brother had a PS3 and recently sold it so he could get an Xbox, I got all his PS3 games and we both owned a copy of Black Ops.

Well, GameStop did surprise me when they gave my brother 140 store credit when he bought it used at a different store for $50, great deal there.

MrHankey93
MrHankey93
9 posts
Peasant

i hate Gamestop...

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Some of you don't get the thing with buisness. You see when you get a new game and about a month later you give it to the same store, the only 2 things that they give you less money for is: condition and value.

But I say no on the GameStop thing sell it on GameFly or something, get more money from the web than in the store.

lol7776
lol7776
35 posts
Nomad

100-50

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

it all depends

do you have the case and manual for all the games?
do you have a power point card to give you a boost of how much you get from trading them in?
are the discs in good condition? if so then call them and tell them all that and the console you have it on for a better estimate

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Gamefly, before you buy.

We've all seen the commercial.

Anyway, selling them online isn't too bad. I remember I sold some used games to Amazon (I don't know if you still can), and got around $20 each. The games were in decent shape, some were missing manuals and cases, others were limited edition versions. If they're not too bad, see if you can't do something with them online.

malou_wang_xa
malou_wang_xa
88 posts
Nomad

Try selling them to your friends or sites such as ebay. you'll get more there than on gamestop.

Osumnis
Osumnis
1,147 posts
Shepherd

From my experience, and assuming you haven't bought it within the past week.

far cry 2 - $2-5
mirrors edge - $2-5
black ops 1 - $5-10
mw2 - $5-10
mw3 - $5-15
halo reach - $5-10
prince of persia - $2-5
lost planet $2-5
assassins creed 1 - $2-5

So overall, $30-70, most likely on the lower end of that range.

xxBoogeymaNxx
xxBoogeymaNxx
83 posts
Nomad

@Osumnis you are basically right. I go to Gamestop a lot and they really don't give crap for games, especially the COD games because of how many old ones get sold to Gamestop with each new COD release. I would suggest selling the games at an online site. I would personally recommend [url=http://www.craigslist.com]

xxBoogeymaNxx
xxBoogeymaNxx
83 posts
Nomad

That was supposed to be a link to Craigslist by the way -__-

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

]Craiglist. There ya go. =)

@xxBoogeymaNxx
You might want to check out the BB Code Guide for help with that kind of stuff.

xxBoogeymaNxx
xxBoogeymaNxx
83 posts
Nomad

Well I used the link button in the reply screen >.< and thank you

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

The button will work. You need to hit it again after the link shows up in your reply box. If you do it right, there won't be a slash in front of the text in the button.

xxBoogeymaNxx
xxBoogeymaNxx
83 posts
Nomad

I just tested it again by pressing it, and a small screen popped up that said "Enter the URL" then under it, it says "http://" so I entered www.craigslist.com after it then hit OK, and the result was what was posted a few posts ago. Am I doing something wrong?

Showing 16-30 of 32