ForumsForum Games(Gaming tournament) Super Star Showdown 2012: Kongregate vs Armor Games

664 85447
JoshDragon
JoshDragon
669 posts
Nomad

http://i45.tinypic.com/taos3p.jpg

Welcome to the fourth installment of the Super Star Showdown series. An annual tournament for gamers from different forums to come together and compete against each other.

This edition will feature Kongregate against Armor Games. Gamers, from either forum may enter. Up to sixteen players per forum. Once enough people have signed up the tournament will begin.

The tournament follows a single elimination style structure. That means you will face one opponent per round, with the winners moving on and the losers going home.

The champion, gets rewarded with a trophy sig and avatar. Which is a specially designed art piece to commemorate their victory.

Here are the rules:

1. Scores must be submitted as a screenshot. No other proof will be accepted.

2. All rounds last for exactly 3 days (acording to GMT.) Scores posted before or after the deadline will not be accepted.

3. Hacking is strictly prohibited and will result in an immediate disqualification.

• 664 Replies
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

It feels terrible to just have given up, but I literally had about ten free minutes this entire week and there's no way I would've beaten Maistilin's score.

I'm betting on xerox to win this, so sorry everyone else :P

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,779 posts
Chamberlain

Nope dude, I tried my very hardest. I spent several hours playing that game but in the end the best man won and it was you. I may had been able to beat you at many other games but your cheap slow computer beat my gaming pc.

I agree with Soccerdude, xerox is going to win, sorry for letting yalls down but now that I'm out and he's still alive it's not really up for debate that he's going to win.

You fought hard and won fairly man, the best of luck to you.

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

I agree with Soccerdude, xerox is going to win

Don't be so sure -.- It is bad luck to say things before is over. There are games i suck at. There is always a chance for me to lose.
JoshDragon
JoshDragon
669 posts
Nomad

Quarter-finals are over. Congrats to pangtongshu, xerox, thebluerabbit, and MaistlinRajere. You guys are the final four.

Kongregate appears to be making a comeback. Their last player left, may be the most dangerous of them all. Was the last round just a fluke or is Kongregate about to turn the tables on Armor Games? We'll find out tomorrow, when the next installment begins.

Until then, the tournament is on hold.

JoshDragon
JoshDragon
669 posts
Nomad

Nope dude, I tried my very hardest. I spent several hours playing that game but in the end the best man won and it was you. I may had been able to beat you at many other games but your cheap slow computer beat my gaming pc.

I agree with Soccerdude, xerox is going to win, sorry for letting yalls down but now that I'm out and he's still alive it's not really up for debate that he's going to win.

You fought hard and won fairly man, the best of luck to you.

It's far from a forgone conclusion. He's got thebluerabbit in the semis and pang or maistlin in the finals. I don't care how good you are, that's too strong of a field for it to be certain.

It comes down to the games at this point. One bad game and you're out.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I am going to use my secret weapon : The Lagging Computer! I have a computer that lags badly. With it i can pass tunnels much more easy, because the game is slower.

Really?You lag helps you? My computer is actually being nice to me of late..but when it was lagging it did not help me in any way..it actually hindered me greatly (like in our assessment round)

Congrats to pangtongshu, xerox, thebluerabbit, and MaistlinRajere. You guys are the final four.

I think I can safely say I am quite the underdog here =p
I don't care what happens now..I'm just **** proud to have made it this far and to have beaten those I played against. xeano, blade, and mysterious Kong guy that never showed up..I'm playing this for y'all! *manly tear*
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Josh, if you had used the quote feature in that last post it would have saved me from a lot of confusion.

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

@pang- don't worry, there's always AG champ. I'll make my comeback there.

-Blade

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

+1 on Xerox to win.

He's a very good player.

However this lagging PC, I have to question how much it helps. I think it is more about skill then lagging.

JoshDragon
JoshDragon
669 posts
Nomad

+1 on Xerox to win.

He's a very good player.

However this lagging PC, I have to question how much it helps. I think it is more about skill then lagging.

There can also be skill involved with getting the lag to be just perfect.
JoshDragon
JoshDragon
669 posts
Nomad

You guys read? It's time to start the Semi-Finals of the Super Star Showdown.

For this round you'll be playing a very fun game, with similarities to the old Sonic the Hedgehog games. The game is Dillo Hills.

Backstory: It's April of 2012. I'm playing in the Armor Gamer Championship hosted by pickpocket and out of nowhere pops this game, Dillo Hills.

You play as an armadillo, who's dream is to fly as high and as far as he can. Traveling across the land, until the forces of nature bring him back down to Earth. He seems to have bird envy though as he he'll try to murder every one he runs across.

The selling point to this game is the speed. It's really fun to get going fast and see how quickly you can fling the armadillo back into the air.

Rules: You have to play as just the armadillo. No upgrades are allowed.

Round ends on Wednesday at 11:59 PM GMT.

The two players who survive this round, will go on to face each other in the finals.

Good luck.

http://i50.tinypic.com/34xhjzp.png

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

And how would you know if someone used 'em or not?
IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

GO pANG! YOU CAN DO IT pANG! (No capitals )

Underdogs for the win.

But seriously, it is a shame I forgot about this tournament. I would have liked to win and knockout the only kong competitor but I wasn't ready in time.

And how would you know if someone used 'em or not?

I think it tells you at the end somewhere but I wouldn't know.
xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

And i lost this.... I suck at this game....

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

Yup, nowhere says if you have upgrades or not at the end.... Someone might cheat and use em...
Showing 571-585 of 664