ForumsWEPRMall shooting in Oregon

191 61419
BurnKush420
BurnKush420
100 posts
Nomad

3 people dead including the shooter. this is on the front page of CNN. i guess somebody went into the mall and started firing an assault rifle at people. multiple others were wounded. this happened literally like 5 minutes from my house. [url=http://www.katu.com/news/local/Shooting-Clackamas-Town-Center-183077691.html] link to news article

• 191 Replies
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Think about what you just said, think long and hard. Now think again, it might take a few seconds for you to understand. Millions of people would be criminals within seconds. Entire communities will crumble. You need crops? Yeah, the farmer that just got arrested will not get to farm for another 10 years, good call.

hahahaha. oke i always thought you were a bit qwerky from the speaking in 3rd person. but now i gotta put you on the nuts list for sure. xD

Police cost money, guess what America does not have, money. Oh yes, shooting at moving targets with a semi-auto pistol. That is hard enough, let alone largely increasing the risk of the criminal getting away. Congrats, the mass murderer just got away because the police men were trying to hit legs.

awwww in 1 topic they are poor and have no money. in the other topic they are the richest and have the best economy and no one can beat them...
plz. grow up. their is money enough for the police loans.

and i already said after the 1st little reply on that sentence, that i do not mind to drop that line.
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Think about what you just said, think long and hard. Now think again, it might take a few seconds for you to understand. Millions of people would be criminals within seconds. Entire communities will crumble. You need crops? Yeah, the farmer that just got arrested will not get to farm for another 10 years, good call.

hahahaha. oke i always thought you were a bit qwerky from the speaking in 3rd person. but now i gotta put you on the nuts list for sure. xD

You don't realize, there are towns with more fields than buildings. Guess what, those farmers like to hunt. Guess they just became illegal Americans.

Police cost money, guess what America does not have, money. Oh yes, shooting at moving targets with a semi-auto pistol. That is hard enough, let alone largely increasing the risk of the criminal getting away. Congrats, the mass murderer just got away because the police men were trying to hit legs.

awwww in 1 topic they are poor and have no money. in the other topic they are the richest and have the best economy and no one can beat them...
plz. grow up. their is money enough for the police loans.

If there was enough money for police, than there would be more police. 75% of bridges in the US are unable to be fixed because the US doesn't have the money.

Overall, yes as a whole country. However, these are communities of people that Killersup is talking about. Tax dollars are used for re-building things, paying teachers, police, and much more. If the community cannot afford to pay more tax dollars than they cannot have more police.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

If the 2nd amendment is so precious to them then why didn't they do something about the tyrannic Bush/Cheney regime of terror? Remember the NSA. Cheney diverted the war from Afghanistan to Iraq so he could make money with the rebuilding. Many brave American soldiers died because of this *******. The rednecks didn't take their arms and overthrow the regime.

When Obama got reelected they ran to the murdering weapon store and bought more guns, talk about double standards and hypocritical people!

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Overall, yes as a whole country.

the country pay's for the loans.. thus enough money. no?
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

{Deleted several tongue-in-cheek posts from several users who aren't appealing to logic, but appealing to emotion. Good debates are established with sensible arguments with zero emotional attacks on opponents, because, as shown, it doesn't get you anywhere. So when you argue your side, do it the sensible way so there aren't off-topic posts that will be deleted}

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

What has this got to do with farmers and communities crumbling? Nothing. If so, then the rest of the world, where guns are banned, should be in a post apocalyptic world already.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

If the 2nd amendment is so precious to them then why didn't they do something about the tyrannic Bush/Cheney regime of terror? Remember the NSA. Cheney diverted the war from Afghanistan to Iraq so he could make money with the rebuilding. Many brave American soldiers died because of this *******. The rednecks didn't take their arms and overthrow the regime.

They were all on the same side. Baw.

Anyway, America has the highest per capita gun killing in the developed world. 9 per 100,000. Canada isn't even close with 4.78, and it's second. Just saying.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I just heard on the news that most of the NRA puppets have lost their seat to Democrats so here's our chance to start something.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I just heard on the news that most of the NRA puppets have lost their seat to Democrats so here's our chance to start something.

Nah, Tea Party got hit, but is still strong. Just have to wait it out.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

so here's our chance to start something.

probably not.
just like befor will the politics try to find some urgentsy that will take the debate off this topic untill people forget about it again. whit hard decisions like these, that often is the case.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

Millions of people would be criminals within seconds. Entire communities will crumble. You need crops? Yeah, the farmer that just got arrested will not get to farm for another 10 years, good call.

I think you guys are talking past eachother. He already said that they would have plenty of time to turn in their weapons to the authorities and would get incentives to do so. Also, there are other things to hunt with than guns. Or perhaps some long-rifle permits would be allowed in rural areas for safety reasons, such as wolves killing livestock.

Police cost money, guess what America does not have, money.

Not necessarily more police, but more focus on arms dealers if guns were restricted.

If the 2nd amendment is so precious to them then why didn't they do something about the tyrannic Bush/Cheney regime of terror?... The rednecks didn't take their arms and overthrow the regime.

Largely because the government has already become too powerful. With things like the Patriot Act in place (and it still is), any uprising would quickly be crushed.

the country pay's for the loans.. thus enough money. no?

Local police are a local expense. They could get federal money for it, but that expenditure adds to the current $16,000,000,000,000 debt.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Largely because the government has already become too powerful. With things like the Patriot Act in place (and it still is), any uprising would quickly be crushed.

No. It's not that. It's because even having semi automatics and automatics armed militias will never be able to overpower the biggest military in the world. The law is outdated, useless and used as a faux shield.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Or perhaps some long-rifle permits would be allowed in rural areas for safety reasons, such as wolves killing livestock.

that is sensible. or remote places whit bears. i sure understand you want a rifle to protect yourself from a bear.
but this can be done under heavy control and bureaucracy.
i'm not against that.

Local police are a local expense. They could get federal money for it, but that expenditure adds to the current $16,000,000,000,000 debt.

doesn't seem to me that the government cares that they will by-pass the 17trillion mark. it will probably go up to 19 maybe 20 trillion befor really hard precautions are going to be taken by the debt holders.
untill then. there is money enough.

Local police are a local expense.

local politics do get money from the government anyway right?
or can, lets say..... florida go bankrupt whitout the rest? (or 1 city. (dunno how big your "local" is))
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I've always found the UK fascinating. 0.22 deaths by guns per 100,000 people, and despite not arming policemen (at least not in NI), there have only been 3 police fatalities due to gunshot wounds in the past ten years.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

and despite not arming policemen

there are different classes of policemen in the uk.
some do have weapons.

btw where you got these numbers from? and are these 2012 numbers or 2011?
Showing 76-90 of 191