ForumsWEPRMall shooting in Oregon

191 61412
BurnKush420
BurnKush420
100 posts
Nomad

3 people dead including the shooter. this is on the front page of CNN. i guess somebody went into the mall and started firing an assault rifle at people. multiple others were wounded. this happened literally like 5 minutes from my house. [url=http://www.katu.com/news/local/Shooting-Clackamas-Town-Center-183077691.html] link to news article

• 191 Replies
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

We used to live in Washington, and My brother who attends UP called to make sure my mom wouldn't worry about him.

~~~Darth Caedus

handlerfan
handlerfan
185 posts
Nomad

Crime committed by someone dressed in black wearing a hockey mask, [Portland Tribune, Google News], Not another round of debate over gun control. Tragedy strikes in the region of the Happy Valley Santa arrives. This is the real war on Christmas.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Tragedy strikes in the region of the Happy Valley Santa arrives. This is the real war on Christmas.

What exactly are you saying? I don't quite get the meaning of the statement. Unless there's none?
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Not another round of debate over gun control.

yea closing your eye's and plug your ears is much better.
if you want to keep this happening so often. thats your best option.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

War on Christmas is another stupid idea coming from the twisted mind of Fox News which is a collective of ignorant and college drop outs. Yeah none of those imbeciles really studied in communication but since they are paid by rich unpatriotic parasites, they can say whatever they want as long as they push their corrupted political agenda. And that shooting event is one of many to come since the retards in the US can buy a gun as easily as buying chips and Mountain Dew. Thanks to the NRA (terrorist organization).

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

Another Idea for my world domination hand book.
It will be in chapter named "suicidal stupid Ideas"

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

i want to see what CNN has to say about this, and what details theyve twisted around

Ok, here.
And that shooting event is one of many to come since the retards in the US can buy a gun as easily as buying chips and Mountain Dew

This isn't a case of a legal gun owner doing something. He aquired the gun illegally. Banning or heavily restricting guns wouldn't do anything. If crazy people want a weapon, they find a way to get one. If they really can't, there are plenty of non-gun ways to cause chaos. He could've thrown a Molotov into a crowd, used a knife, made an explosive with a gas can, etc.
BurnKush420
BurnKush420
100 posts
Nomad

if somebody is willing to kill people for no reason. im sure a silly gun law isnt going to stop him. it also makes everyone else who owns a gun look bad. in my opinion, we need more people with guns (who arent crazy) to potentially stop events like this from happening in the future

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Zzz. I really get tired of the people who harp on and on about how guns should be illegal because they kill people.

Yes, they do.

Would making them illegal prevent deaths?
No.

As stated earlier by EmperorPalpatine, the gun wasn't legal to have to begin with, so there goes your entire preliminary argument. Next, as he also said, a crazy guy who wants to kill people is going to find some way to do that, be it stealing a truck and running into the store or making a bomb. Does that mean every potential weapon should be banned? Bombs are already illegal to begin with and yet we see tons of terrorist bombings in the UK.

Banning something doesn't make it go away. People who don't follow the laws to begin with aren't going to follow the law not to use something that has been made illegal. Plus, at this point in time for America, guns are so prevalent that banning them would piss off collectors and other owners and would require an insane amount of work to collect and dispose of. For those who didn't comply, they would then be considered a criminal for something which is reasonable to have (if used for the right purposes) and the actual criminals would still have their guns or get them in illegal ways.

So, shhhhhhhh on the whole anti-gun thing.

in my opinion, we need more people with guns (who arent crazy) to potentially stop events like this from happening in the future

That's not a really good solution either. Imagine this: A man walks into the mall with a gun. Standing by citizen pulls out their gun and shoots the would be robber/murderer in the arm/leg. Another standing by citizen hears the shot and runs into that area and sees one guy holding a gun and another guy on the ground bleeding. What do you think he's going to do with his gun?

Basically, a bunch of untrained people carrying guns is no safer than a robber with a gun because of confusion.
BurnKush420
BurnKush420
100 posts
Nomad

Basically, a bunch of untrained people carrying guns is no safer than a robber with a gun because of confusion.

most people who have concealed carry permits do have some training in how to use their firearms
handlerfan
handlerfan
185 posts
Nomad

The war on Christmas comment.
I want to say that Fox News rages on about people banning Christmas dispays etc and here we have someone going to a mall in the Christmas season and shooting innocent people. I happen to think that shootings in the festive season is worse than a manufactured paranoia that some bad people want to take away Christmas.
And it sounded good.

handlerfan
handlerfan
185 posts
Nomad

Sorry I missed out an as. Tragedy strikes as the Happy Valley Santa arrives.
I'll stop explaining now.

AatosLiukkonen
AatosLiukkonen
66 posts
Nomad

Ah. Can't wait for the news to go hog wild on gun control and how guns are the cause of all evil.

3 people? That's it? I guess the media really is fighting for it's blood money. There are places in the world where this happens ever hour, even more, and many more people die. 3 people? Give me a break. This isn't news, this is the media wanting views in exchange for human misery.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

One: There are only 2 dead victims of the shooting, the third was the gunman committing suicide.

Two: I got a feeling that this thread is going to echo the "Gun controle gone wrong again" thread that was created by partydevil (i think) after the guy shot his son who was dressed like a robber.

p.s. My History teacher has a poster that says "If guns kill people, then cars drive drunk, pencils mispell words, and spoons made Oprah fat (Not sure about the last bit, except for I am pretty sure it involved a fat Oprah)"

~~~Darth Caedus

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Okay here's a story: Once upon a time (yeah that's cheesy) there was a redneck who had and idea to build a gun factory. He then sold deadly weapons to the rest of the World and he became filthy rich.
Then he thought, "hey why don't I sell weapons to everybody in the US so I can get even richer." Then comes the NRA and all it's bullcrap. Now any redneck can have a weapon so they can shoot animals who can't shoot back at them and they're so proud of it. Meanwhile the criminals buy some guns too at first, then they steal them and create their black market. Then comes the weirdo who buys guns them start killing innocent people...
Now where did it all start? Remember the rich redneck ******* who built a gun factory?

Showing 1-15 of 191