Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Gun control in the US

Posted Jan 15, '13 at 10:39pm

PauseBreak

PauseBreak

310 posts

Because AG doesn't allow edits I have to double post:

Believe = People.

Posted Jan 15, '13 at 11:48pm

thugtastic

thugtastic

163 posts

Um, I am pretty sure that any knife can injure you easily. It's a knife. Balisongs have a shorter blades compared to KA-BARs, or even kitchen knives.

As Masterforger said I was refering to the flipping motion.

Posted Jan 16, '13 at 12:03am

404011xz

404011xz

218 posts

Hey dude, I am one of those young people you said that doesn't care, and I have to say I do care. And the bill of rights are 10 amendments added right after the constitution was signed because not enough states would sign it unless they were put in right after. The bill of rights are unallienable rights all citizen posses, these rights prevent a tyranical government from basically controlling the people like puppets. But of late the Government has been stomping on the Bill of Rights and the constitution. On that point, when was the last time there were checks and balances between all 3 branches? I haven't heard the supreme court going after any laws made recently for being unconstitutional, if they did their job they would of shut down obama care. On topic, to the guy on the previous page I will pick out specific parts I don't like tomorow, I just don't have the time right now to go sifting through it and trying to find the specific words.

Posted Jan 16, '13 at 2:16am

wolf1991

wolf1991

3,061 posts

Said the man who help founded this great nation.
Said the man who lead troops in a time of rebellion.
Said the man who was ten fold more educated than today's youth.

Said the man who declared unalienable rights for ALL men yet owned slaves.
Said the man under pressure due to the threat of British power.
Said the man hoping to arm his country to defend, not to kill each other.

People who are for extreme gun control are just uneducated. Its as simple as that.

People who do not believe in any gun control are also uneducated. Such people must not understand that guns cause far more violence than they prevent. Furthermore, being unwilling to allow minor restrictions upon fire-arms is not only ignorant, but irresponsible. Neither extreme is acceptable.

Stalin, Hitler, and Mao disarmed their countries. Millions were killed thereafter. Believe REALLY need to read about Mao. That guy was a MONSTER.

Your lack of historical context is insulting.

History repeats itself. And anyone who thinks that it cannot happen to this country is a **** fool.

Not completely true. And those who share your paranoia are equally foolish.

I will not disarm.
I will not register.

What is the laws say otherwise?

What is wrong with moderate gun control? You speak in one extreme or the other. You do not consider the other possibilities. By limiting guns, by doing adequate background checks, and restricting the more dangerous weapons American society has the potential to become safer without intruding upon the second amendment.

So I ask you all, those of you who are against gun control; why do you only see the extremes? Why is it an all or nothing gambit, when the reality lies elsewhere. Furthermore, why are you so paranoid?

Posted Jan 16, '13 at 2:42am

Masterforger

Masterforger

1,633 posts

Just so you know, I support gun ownership and strict gun control. I am not a happy-go-lucky throw-out-the-rules gun supporter.

Posted Jan 16, '13 at 12:37pm

wolf1991

wolf1991

3,061 posts

I would like you to read this.

That article, while from a comedy website, adresses several key points about American society as a whole. I think it provides a viable argument both for and against the extremes which we have witnessed people arguing on AG. The key is not to go one way or the other, as I have said before, but it is to find a compromise. Furthermore, the author of that article touches on many issues with American society at large, which as a Canadian, I would be unable to address without the use of stereotype and bias.

Posted Jan 16, '13 at 7:43pm

ChillzMaster

ChillzMaster

1,357 posts

Said the man who declared unalienable rights for ALL men yet owned slaves.

Jefferson wrote it, not Washington.

Said the man hoping to arm his country to defend, not to kill each other.

The internal wounds are always the strongest, why do you think the one punishment for treason, universally, is death?

People who do not believe in any gun control are also uneducated.

I'm pretty educated, and I'm not a fan of gun control.

Such people must not understand that guns cause far more violence than they prevent.

Can I get a graph? Some stats? Historical reference with sources?

Furthermore, being unwilling to allow minor restrictions upon fire-arms is not only ignorant, but irresponsible.

It's YOUR property, the government shouldn't have tabs on a purchase you make in the legal field of the marketplace.

Not completely true. And those who share your paranoia are equally foolish.

It's not paranoia, well, at least not as extreme. I'd say moreso "extreme caution". Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. There's two amendments to the constitution that protect our free speech, the first that is enforced during peace, and the second, in case some sword that breaks the pen begins to encroach on the minds and livelihoods of the American people.

By limiting guns, by doing adequate background checks, and restricting the more dangerous weapons American society has the potential to become safer without intruding upon the second amendment.

The state has nothing to do with my personal life. They're there to collect meagre taxes and defend me when someone tries to scuffle America's shoes. It's my purchase, and my property. Making America "safer" is a re-wording of the concept of a "conforming" society, one that does as its told without question. Well, I do have a question, and a lot of old guys are in congress. Sometimes the old timers can't hear so well, can't register my questions. Well, there's not much louder than a gunshot.

Mind you, I don't own any firearms, but I understand how integral they are to some people's interests, what makes them who they are. That's why /k/ exists. If someone took away, or limited, my ponies, I'd be pretty upset too.

-Chillz

Posted Jan 16, '13 at 8:01pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

Just so you know, I support gun ownership and strict gun control. I am not a happy-go-lucky throw-out-the-rules gun supporter.

Same boat here, man.

I'm pretty educated, and I'm not a fan of gun control.

He was referring to being educated in gun control, not general education.

Can I get a graph? Some stats? Historical reference with sources?

Logic could be used here as opposed to straight up facts.
>Restaurant gets robbed
>Vigilante pulls out his own gun
>Everyone dies in battle

It's YOUR property, the government shouldn't have tabs on a purchase you make in the legal field of the marketplace.

But what if guns became illegal?

If someone took away, or limited, my ponies, I'd be pretty upset too.

Ponies don't kill. ;D

Posted Jan 16, '13 at 8:06pm

SteveeXb

SteveeXb

485 posts

President Obama passed 23 executive edicts today, all limiting gun rights. Ladies and gentlemen, our rights are under fire. (no pun intended.)

Posted Jan 16, '13 at 9:26pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,977 posts

guns cause far more violence

A tool doesn't cause. A hammer doesn't drive someone to bash someone's skull in. A grenade doesn't pull its own pin.

If they want to, they can keep tabs on everything you do or buy.

Logic could be used here as opposed to straight up facts.
>Restaurant gets robbed
>Vigilante pulls out his own gun
>Everyone dies in battle

Link or it didn't happen.
Real counterexample:
>Madman starts shooting and kills innocents
>Legal holder stops him
>The end

Ponies don't kill. ;D

They do, directly. At least a few hundred per year, some estimate thousands.
Guns don't.

Reply to Gun control in the US

You must be logged in to post a reply!