ForumsWEPR[duplicate]Is the End?!

7 4266
feedback123
feedback123
13 posts
Nomad

Okay, now let me say something about this "end" of the world.
Everyone thinks it's going to happen by destroying the planet Earth or by some aliens who attack us and drink our brains. No silly people... NO.
Mayas predicted the end of the world but in theory, they didn't think of it as apocalypse. They actually predicted the stupidity. WE people are dumb. Well, not everyone of us, but most of the people are spending most of their free time on computers. That is what they predicted. In few years, there will be robots, and there will be no earth anymore.
Just illusion. Nothing less, nothing more. Only memories and history. And as we start living ON computers (I mean come on, some mothers create Facebook for their newborn children -.-) Our race will start to die. Not literally, but mentally. Yes, mentally.
I know that some of you can understand me and my opinions take seriously but there is one big part of you who thinks i'm stupid and that i don't believe in god and so on. I mean i don't believe in christian god, because it's impossible that there are hell and paradise, but that's only mine opinion.
Just for the record, i am thinking about life and death 24/7 because i'm interested in it. If you would ask me what I think about god, and what do I believe in, it would took me like two days to tell you everything. So please, don't call me heretic and stupid [quote]

• 7 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Mayas predicted the end of the world but in theory, they didn't think of it as apocalypse. They actually predicted the stupidity. WE people are dumb. Well, not everyone of us, but most of the people are spending most of their free time on computers. That is what they predicted. In few years, there will be robots, and there will be no earth anymore.

No they didn't. What you're essentially insinuating is that the Mayans predicted all of us will become Wall-E like blobs of flesh intent only on hedonism. This is on one level, preposterous, because no where in the Mayan calender was this predicted.

On the second point, which is completely off topic from Apocalypse Prediction number 12 , the idea that most of us spend our free time on computers is both asinine and derisive. Most of us don't even have free time due to the rat race lives we slog under. I don't know what world you live in, but most of the world, the Third World nations and developing countries have little free time. If anything, it's only the minority who such indolent laid backs.

Lastly, the average IQ has been on the rise for the past century due to the widespread usage of education.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Oh, could you blooming stop with that end of the world thing, I can't see it anymore that everyone has to tell the world how they think it's true/all crap.. guess what THE WORLD DOESN'T CARE. Either way.

I can however contribute with a small titbit, being something I heard about an experience some researchers made with mice (or rats, doesn't matter). They placed them in an environment where they had all they needed, and after some time, the animals started to become more and more psychotic. I don't want to make any interpretation of that, but maybe we should just keep in mind that a perfect society isn't necessarily something we can cope with yet, nor is it the inevitable end of the world.

Lastly, the average IQ has been on the rise for the past century due to the widespread usage of education.

That doesn't mean that people back then were totally dumb; they weren't. Of course education helps developing your thinking skills, but there have always been intelligent people around, in all civilizations and classes. They weren't much dumber in average than we are, in fact some American researcher is convinced we've become much less crafty at certain things than, for example, the Greeks. Not that I think it's true; I'm convinced the potential IQ has stayed stable all the time during, and education only helps to develop in cases where it's needed. Much more important than IQ is the contribution of education to the general knowledge and rationality of people.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

That doesn't mean that people back then were totally dumb; they weren't. Of course education helps developing your thinking skills, but there have always been intelligent people around, in all civilizations and classes. They weren't much dumber in average than we are, in fact some American researcher is convinced we've become much less crafty at certain things than, for example, the Greeks. Not that I think it's true; I'm convinced the potential IQ has stayed stable all the time during, and education only helps to develop in cases where it's needed. Much more important than IQ is the contribution of education to the general knowledge and rationality of people.

Course it doesn't imply so. Just pointing out OP's misconception that we're on a dystopian downhill slope.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Do you know how fed up I am with this 2012 BS? 2000 was supposed to be an end, and look how that turned put. 12 years later and we're still just raving to have a new apocalypse. Did the people who invented this hoax think about the people who will commit suicide because of this?

I don't care whether you think it's a lie or you believe that you're gonna die, we can only wait and see and pray we have no more bloody 2012 threads!

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

ow and OP, the mayans never made a doomsday prediction. they made a prediction of the end of humanity (not the world or animals) as we know it (but didn't gave a date for it) because "god" is never oke whit his own creations. we are his 4th creation made from grain and blood.
it said nowhere that computers and robots will take over. they never heard of it. all they said was a "advanced sort of human"
i think your mixing up the mayan predictions whit the matrix trilogy.

but we already have a doomsday topic.
can we make this topic about the IQ thingy. was kinda interesting to see what other people think about that.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Did the people who invented this hoax think about the people who will commit suicide because of this?

they dont care. it's the money they care about.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester
Showing 1-7 of 7