Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Petition To Deport Piers Morgan; "Libertarian" Debate

Posted Dec 25, '12 at 3:29pm

handlerfan

handlerfan

192 posts

I am asked, I gave you Americans a view from overhere. I have little interest in your 'libertarian' debate except that we might get Mr Morgan back. I apologise if I upset the moderator. I assert that I made a humorous comment. I have made my joke and I will now let you chaps get on with the serious stuff.
I admit that I am biased against Piers Morgan, and I am one of many. I back up my bias with my experience of the man. Tara

Posted Dec 25, '12 at 4:40pm

Mickeyryn

Mickeyryn

244 posts

Morgan is such a nut-head and a rage-machine. I think he should be deported. If he doesn't like this country, he can get the hell out of it. On his Facebook (or Twitter, maybe) he said he wants to get deported, and he doesn't care. But that is exactly what he wants.

Posted Dec 25, '12 at 4:51pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,094 posts

I think he should be deported. If he doesn't like this country, he can get the hell out of it.

that would be his own choise. to leave because he doesn't like it.

did he say he doesn't like the country? or did he say that this guns rights thing is utterly BS?

is it oke to deport someone because of his opinion on the matter, and that he said it in the faces of those people that are to blame for this BS guns rights?
if so then may i ask where your beloved freedom of speech went to?
or is freedom of speech only for those whit a american passport?
either way it's totally retarded.

Posted Dec 25, '12 at 8:46pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,871 posts

Knight

I think he should be deported. If he doesn't like this country, he can get the hell out of it. On his Facebook (or Twitter, maybe) he said he wants to get deported, and he doesn't care. But that is exactly what he wants.

Well, then you have alot of people to deport. Deporting someone for such a daft reason is just.....daft. And hypocritical.

Posted Dec 25, '12 at 9:10pm

Tactical_Fish

Tactical_Fish

390 posts

Honestly, I don't know who this Morgan guy is, and I'm not a libertarian. However, I would like to say that these petitions are getting way out of hand. If he doesn't like the second amendment, that's his business. But we have a freedom of speech, and he can say whatever he wants without getting deported. This is just ridiculous. Even though he's not a citizen, It's not like he's giving away military secrets or anything. He can speak his mind.

Posted Dec 26, '12 at 12:37am

thebloxxer

thebloxxer

28 posts

Tactical, to put it simply he is a British journalist and televsion host currently working here in the US. Not sure what grounds this petiton has though since we have the 1st Amendment.

Posted Dec 26, '12 at 12:04pm

09philj

09philj

1,035 posts

Morgan is such a nut-head and a rage-machine. I think he should be deported

If that is the reason you want him deported from the US, why didn't you campaign for George W. Bush to be deported too?

Posted Dec 26, '12 at 8:52pm

FireflyIV

FireflyIV

3,290 posts

Things likethis give me faith in the eminent sensibleness of my fellow islanders. Duly signed by yours truly.

On a serious note, a comment left on the Guardian's article really hits the nail on the head for me:

''And isn't it funny how Americans are always boasting about the protection their constitution affords to free speech - but as soon as someone says something they don't like they want to get rid of them.''

Obviously this is a generalisation. I can see plenty of Americans on here defending him and hats off to you. But I think it is rather odd how quickly the American right wing in particular cherry pick the constitution as and when it suits them. I would think the founding fathers would be appalled by the original petition (and indeed the use of assualt rifles for 'self defence' but let's not go there for now).

Posted Dec 26, '12 at 9:46pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,871 posts

Knight

The really sad thing is that the real issue at hand, guns, has been reduced to a mere hate, mud slinging, no holds bar affair on Piers. Way to go, muppets.

Posted Dec 27, '12 at 10:56am

BritHennerz

BritHennerz

364 posts

To be honest I'd rather Piers Morgan stays in the US, we don't want him here.

Reply to Petition To Deport Piers Morgan; "Libertarian" Debate

You must be logged in to post a reply!