Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Is it OK to teach evolution in public schools?

Posted Jun 4, '13 at 8:39am

Xzeno

Xzeno

2,354 posts

Okay creationists. Try to laser-focus on the following fact: Mage said dogs evolved from cats.

Posted Jun 4, '13 at 10:42am

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,776 posts

Knight

Okay creationists. Try to laser-focus on the following fact: Mage said dogs evolved from cats.

LOL

Okay joking aside, that might actually get interpreted that way. Instead of it showing that you can get something completely different by just making small changes.

This is likely about what both cats and dogs evolved from looked like.

http://s59.radikal.ru/i165/0901/3e/849a7af8bafe.jpg
http://s45.radikal.ru/i110/0901/d6/64bcc378acd8.jpg

http://origin-ars.els-cdn.com/content/image/1-s2.0-S1055790309004424-gr1.jpg

Posted Jun 8, '13 at 3:39pm

StDrake

StDrake

198 posts

WOW! Hyenas have closer to cats than to dogs? I've actually learned something interesting about nature from a silly ideological fight topic..

Posted Jan 29, '14 at 8:02pm

abt79

abt79

61 posts

I'm a Christian, not an idiot. Evolution has obvious evidence, God probably added it as a built-in feature for the first forms of life.
To anyone who takes the entire Bible to a completely literal level, I call BS!

Posted Jan 29, '14 at 11:55pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,437 posts

I'm a Christian, not an idiot. Evolution has obvious evidence, God probably added it as a built-in feature for the first forms of life.
To anyone who takes the entire Bible to a completely literal level, I call BS!

Do you accept human evolution? If so, how do you reconcile Jesus? Without original sin (Adam & Eve) there seems to be no need for him.

Posted Jan 30, '14 at 10:31am

09philj

09philj

1,776 posts

Do you accept human evolution? If so, how do you reconcile Jesus? Without original sin (Adam & Eve) there seems to be no need for him.

People have free will and need to be taught to exercise it properly. (NOTE: I am an atheist)

Posted Jan 30, '14 at 11:21pm

abt79

abt79

61 posts

Please further explain what you mean by "reconcile Jesus"....?
Jesus died for all of our sins.

Posted Jan 30, '14 at 11:28pm

pft

pft

523 posts

Jesus died for all of our sins.

So this means we can sin all we want but be forgiven anyway?

Posted Jan 31, '14 at 12:17am

abt79

abt79

61 posts

If we truly seek forgiveness and our mindset isn't "I CAN DO WHAT I WANT CUZ IMA GO TO HEAVEN ANYWAY"

Posted Jan 31, '14 at 1:01am

pft

pft

523 posts

If we truly seek forgiveness and our mindset isn't "I CAN DO WHAT I WANT CUZ IMA GO TO HEAVEN ANYWAY"

Is there a court system up there to deem if you truly seek forgiveness or not? Angels on the jury? Who wouldn't seek forgiveness even if they have a i can do what i want attitude? The alternative is hell. So they would beg for it anyway.

Reply to Is it OK to teach evolution in public schools?

You must be logged in to post a reply!