ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] User's Forum Post rises...while posting in Forum Games

41 4871
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

So while in Forum Games the past few of days..I noticed that a recently joined (in the Forum Games sectoin..not AG in general) has been posting quite a lot (not spam). Now, this isn't the problem..no, the problem is like how it says in the title.

Thkis user (ArgamenPhish) came in with about 150-ish post counts (a few days ago)..and posts primarily in the Forum Games (has posted in other sections every now and then..but not enough for a significant rise). This user now has 472 posts. But like I said..hasn't posted much of anything outside of the Forum Games section

I asked Argamen if he posted anywhere else besides the Forum Games section (I go to each section...so I was doubting that I'd miss his posting in other sections frequently, but I just wanted to make sure)
Response: I almost solely post in forum games except a haiku entry and an armatar entry. I just post a lot and on everything. Not spam just a lot.

• 41 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

The increasing of the post count has been going on for a few days now..not just one day

But MrDayCee implied that it takes at least a day for posts to be dropped.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Hasn't happened to me. Something must be weird with the coding that updates AP and post count.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

I'm sure in the near future thing will become clear.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

But MrDayCee implied that it takes at least a day for posts to be dropped.

And it has been multiple days since it started for us..so by what he said..ours should have dropped by now. But it hasn't
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Could you all check if this is the case for you as well please?

Checked; nothing has decreased.
dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

I just checked and I don't think my forum count went up when I just recently posted in FG. I could be mistaken, but I don't think it did.

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Oh, actually I think it was delayed. Posted again and it went up by two. I'll check tomorrow to see if the count goes down.

winmaster1
winmaster1
637 posts
Peasant

Well, now my post count and AP are back down.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Could you all check if this is the case for you as well please?

My post count rises if I post in a non-AP forum.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

[quote]Could you all check if this is the case for you as well please?

My post count rises if I post in a non-AP forum.[/quote]

The question asked if you later lost posts and points if you recently posted in a non-AP forum. However, I think the timing of this point loss is different for each user, meaning the &quotoints for posting in a non-AP forum" is a bug.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Well, now my post count and AP are back down.

Actually..yours didn't. You were at about 120 yesterday
dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

My posts haven't decreased since I last checked, but I'll check again some time tomorrow to make sure they still haven't decreased.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,764 posts
Chamberlain

Same here, it hasn't decreased after over a day for me too.

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

I posted three times in Forum games during the weekend. My post count increased and it still hasn't decreased after two days. However, I've noticed just a few minutes ago that I haven't earned any AP for those three posts.

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

After checking again, my forum post count has not decreased. However, kegaumongo's post piqued my curiosity, so I checked my numbers. Turns out I have MORE points than I should based on the numbers of games rated etc that I have there. I'm about 30 points higher, which sounds like about how many FG posts I've done since this problem came up. The weird thing is that the post count also rises. It might be possible that non-AP forum posts are giving out 2 AP, rather than just one, but it's just speculation.

Showing 16-30 of 41