ForumsForum GamesHeroes of Irridia (Fantasy rpg)

462 75551
theonewhoplays
theonewhoplays
403 posts
Nomad

About the world:

Welcome to the continent of Irridia. For generations the Humans of âThe Empireâ have fought the âConglomerate Of Tribesâ with the support of their allies, the Dwarves, while the Sylvan Elves fought the Dark Elves. And for generation the balance of power was intact. But then Humans and Elves allied, forming âTHE ALLIANCE OF LIGHTâ. And the balance shifted. Now on the losing side the âTribesâ and the Dark Elves formed a tedious alliance to become âTHE DUNGEONâ. The war continued. But then a new threat arises. In the east of âThe Empireâ the obscure cult of necromancers caused a cataclysm that turned vast areas of the land into swampland. Many died and the necromancers turned them into undead hordes and took over the newly formed swampland. The war effort of the âThe Empireâ shifted towards the eastern lands that were formerly theirs. âThe Dungeonâ however couldnât benefit from it as the Necromancers slowly but surely began attacking âThe Tribesâ. Now both sides fight not only each other but also a new common foe. In addition to this there are rumors of an even bigger evil slowly emerging from the north. The fate of the whole world now rests in the hands of those who decide to take up the cause and fight. The fate of the world now lies in the hands of THE HEROES OF IRRIDIA!

• 462 Replies
loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Name:Ugluk Shakil
Race:Orc
Class: Warrior, Might
XP: 3/10
Primary Attributes:
Str:14
Con:14
Dex:12
Per:10
Wis:10
Int:9
Cha:10
Secondary Attributes:
Hp:42
Hit: 13/20
Def:13/20
Control: 38
Weapons: Serrated Orcish scimitar (4-9), Buckler(second parry/ +2 Defense for that parry), Fur Helmet (1 Armor)
Armor: Clothes (Orcish Tunic & Breeches)
Inv.:Meat(3) Waterskin, Booze, 2 smokesticks, Bag o' Caltrops, Strange vial, Dagger
Gold:18
Description: He was a shorter orc, deemed almost a goblin when he was born, he was the weakest whenever him and his friends wrestled or had tournaments of strength. He made up for it by cheating, he would "accidentally" hurt other opponents in ways against the rules. He apprenticed as a smithy and

he hands him the vial that wasn't in the dagger, "i'll sell it to you, if you tell me what it is."

theonewhoplays
theonewhoplays
403 posts
Nomad

Ugluk:
"Okay... but it will take one day. come back tomorrow. Of course i can only give you money when i know what it is." Do you accept?

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Primary Attributes:
Secondary Attributes:
Weapons: Serrated Orcish scimitar (4-9), Buckler(second parry/ +2 Defense for that parry), Fur Helmet (1 Armor)
Inv.:Meat(3) Waterskin, Booze, 2 smokesticks, Bag o' Caltrops, Strange vial, Dagger
Description: He was a shorter orc, deemed almost a goblin when he was born, he was the weakest whenever him and his friends wrestled or had tournaments of strength. He made up for it by cheating, he would "accidentally" hurt other opponents in ways against the rules. He apprenticed as a smithy and

"yes, ok." and with that i head off to the arena

theonewhoplays
theonewhoplays
403 posts
Nomad

Ugluk:
You head for the arena as you arrive a human guard stops you. "Halt! What do you want here?" he asks.

Kenji:
"good" the shopkeeper says. you gain 60 arrows and loose 6 gold. What now?

theonewhoplays
theonewhoplays
403 posts
Nomad

Kenji: You look for the oldest elf in the village and soon find him with directions given by another. You show him the map: "Hmmm... i don't know very much about the human lands. but that seems to be somewhere in the southern republics. But i don't know what exactly is there. You maybe have to ask someone in the empire if you want to know more... here" he makes a cross near the mark. "I think the last time i was there, there was a small human village there. i am sure someone in that town can tell you what you find when you go to the marked location" What now?

theonewhoplays
theonewhoplays
403 posts
Nomad

Kenji: As you leave the village , Elim comes running up to you. "wait friend, before you go, i wanted to give you something" He pulles a heavily adorned dagger with a similary adorned sheath out of his mantle. Take this for your travel. May it taste the blood of many an enemy of the elves. (you get "adorned elvish dagger" (3-8 damage). You begin your journey. Do you avoid human settlements or do you seek them?

theonewhoplays
theonewhoplays
403 posts
Nomad

Kenji:
You travel through the land for days. You see villages and towns of your route but you have no intention of going there. You ride long and sleep little, and so you arrive at a mointain pass after just four days. (you consume 4 rations)
The pass is relativly low and so the weather is not to cold and the landscape is not to harsh. The mountain tops are few kilometers to your right and your left. Suddenly you hear something coming. You hear heavy steps. Probably a few dozen feet. What do you do?

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Primary Attributes:
Secondary Attributes:
Description: He was a shorter orc, deemed almost a goblin when he was born, he was the weakest whenever him and his friends wrestled or had tournaments of strength. He made up for it by cheating, he would "accidentally" hurt other opponents in ways against the rules. He

"To fight, what else?!" he replies

i will be gone till sunday

theonewhoplays
theonewhoplays
403 posts
Nomad

Ugluk:
"ahh a fighter. what do you want to go against? a rookie, intemediate, veteran or a champion?"

Kenji:
You hide behind a few bushes by the wayside. after a while you see around 2 dozen humans armored in chainmail and armed with spears and shields. coming over the top of the pass. They are around 100 meters away from you. What now?

theonewhoplays
theonewhoplays
403 posts
Nomad

Kenji:
The men pass suddenly someone exlaims: "Wait is that a horse behind this bush?". They have spotted your horse it seems. The men look in your direction. Two of them approach you with their spears in front of them ready to strike. "Whoever is there show yourself!" What now?

theonewhoplays
theonewhoplays
403 posts
Nomad

Another lore sniplet. This time metals:

Materials:

Metals:

Steel: The most common metal for armor and weapons. If not stated differently, a piece of armor or a weapon will be made of steel. However, there are some varieties:
Cast Iron: Unrefined steel with more coal in it than normal steel. As a result it is more prone to breaking. It is normally not used in weapons or armor but is often used in cooking utensils
Black Iron: An orcish material similar to steel but a lot more durable, but also heavier. As a result, armor made out of Black iron is more encumbering and weapons made out of it are harder to control.
White Steel: Mined from the mountains of the north and refined by the best blacksmiths of The Empire (called accordingly âWhitesmithsâ) this steel is one of the hardest steels of the world, while still being only as heavy as normal steel
(Dark) Elvish Steel: This steel only available to the most elite of the elves. Being as hard as regular steel while being a lot lighter this metal is one of the most valuable materials in all of Irridia. While Sylvan steel shimmers golden, dark elvish steel shimmers dark blue
Dwarven Steel: Other races have fabricated many fine steels but the best of steels come from dwarven forges. Dwarven steel is known to be the most durable and lightest steel out there.

Bronze: Bronze was mostly used in the time of the old Empire and is not produced much in recent times, but there still are bronze weapons and armor around, and the Silver Cities are known to use it. While mostly as durable and heavy as Steel, it is harder to repair when damaged and will sometimes be irrepairably damaged .

Adamantite: A very rare and extremely valuable metal. Very hard and very light it is the most thought after metal in the world (exept Mithril maybe).

Mithril: A metal of unknown origin said to be almost indestructible and only processable by Cyclopes. There are only a few artifacts made of it known to exist. (Two armors in the hands of the Empire, and a handful of other armors and weapons)

Demonite: A leftover of the last demon incursion. This metal was used in armors and weapons of demon soldiers and generals. It is said to be extremely durable and that it even rivals Mithril in that regard. But on the downside it corrupts the minds of those who wear or use it.

theonewhoplays
theonewhoplays
403 posts
Nomad

Endrek:
"Yeah, yeah" the dwarf says absent minded as you leave the room. It is pitch black. But you see a small spot of light at the end of the tunnel. You approach it and stumble through the darkness. After some time it gets bigger and bigger. After a few hours you arrive at the point of origin... and you see the sky. You are at the outside. It is cold but the air is clear. You see the valley. It is glowing red from the lava SOMEBODY released ( ^^ ). But you can see a safe path that will lead you back to the road. Do you look around a bit or do you go directly back to the dwarf?

theonewhoplays
theonewhoplays
403 posts
Nomad

Kenji: * I think I gave you around 12 xp or so after you defeated the necromancer it seems you have overlooked that.*
One of the men says: " Good to hear, we are soldiers of the empire. What are you doing here elf? And why are you hiding behind bushes? You're not a bandit are you?" what do you answer?

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Primary Attributes:
Secondary Attributes:
Description: He was a shorter orc, deemed almost a goblin when he was born, he was the weakest whenever him and his friends wrestled or had tournaments of strength. He made up for it by cheating, he would "accidentally" hurt other opponents in ways against the rules. He

"Rookie, i don't feel like a challenge"

theonewhoplays
theonewhoplays
403 posts
Nomad

Ugluk: "okay" the guard says. "the battle will continue until second blood, meaning until someone is visibly hurt. Should you win you will get 5 % of the gambling profits of your fight. Everything is allowed except magic. Any other questions? Do you need to prepare yourself or can we start?" what do you say/do?

Showing 316-330 of 462