ForumsForum GamesHeroes of Irridia (Fantasy rpg)

462 75591
theonewhoplays
theonewhoplays
403 posts
Nomad

About the world:

Welcome to the continent of Irridia. For generations the Humans of âThe Empireâ have fought the âConglomerate Of Tribesâ with the support of their allies, the Dwarves, while the Sylvan Elves fought the Dark Elves. And for generation the balance of power was intact. But then Humans and Elves allied, forming âTHE ALLIANCE OF LIGHTâ. And the balance shifted. Now on the losing side the âTribesâ and the Dark Elves formed a tedious alliance to become âTHE DUNGEONâ. The war continued. But then a new threat arises. In the east of âThe Empireâ the obscure cult of necromancers caused a cataclysm that turned vast areas of the land into swampland. Many died and the necromancers turned them into undead hordes and took over the newly formed swampland. The war effort of the âThe Empireâ shifted towards the eastern lands that were formerly theirs. âThe Dungeonâ however couldnât benefit from it as the Necromancers slowly but surely began attacking âThe Tribesâ. Now both sides fight not only each other but also a new common foe. In addition to this there are rumors of an even bigger evil slowly emerging from the north. The fate of the whole world now rests in the hands of those who decide to take up the cause and fight. The fate of the world now lies in the hands of THE HEROES OF IRRIDIA!

• 462 Replies
loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Name:Ugluk Shakil
Race:Orc
Class: Warrior, Might
XP: 3/10
Primary Attributes:
Str:14
Con:14
Dex:12
Per:10
Wis:10
Int:9
Cha:10
Secondary Attributes:
Hp:42
Hit: 13/20
Def:13/20
Control: 38
Weapons: Serrated Orcish scimitar (4-9), Buckler(second parry/ +2 Defense for that parry), Fur Helmet (1 Armor)
Armor: Clothes (Orcish Tunic & Breeches)
Inv.:Meat(3) Waterskin, Booze, 2 smokesticks, Bag o' Caltrops, Strange vial, Dagger
Gold:18
Description: He was a shorter orc, deemed almost a goblin when he was born, he was the weakest whenever him and his friends wrestled or had tournaments of strength. He made up for it by cheating, he would "accidentally" hurt other opponents in ways against the rules.

So, can i go back to the last round to redo it, since i know how this works over time

theonewhoplays
theonewhoplays
403 posts
Nomad

Ugluk: Well since you didn't know that you can redo it this time. So what is your tactic?

Kenji: There re no &quotublic" stables, but many inns have stables with them. One night for your horse costs 2 gp. You go to a general store. What do you want to buy?

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Primary Attributes:
Secondary Attributes:
Weapons: Serrated Orcish scimitar (4-9), Buckler(second parry/ +2 Defense for that parry), Fur Helmet (1 Armor)
Inv.:Meat(3) Waterskin, Booze, 2 smokesticks, Bag o' Caltrops, Strange vial, Dagger
Description: He was a shorter orc, deemed almost a goblin when he was born, he was the weakest whenever him and his friends wrestled or had tournaments of strength. He made up for it by cheating, he would "accidentally" hurt other opponents in ways against the rules.

ja danke

i flaunt as before, then when he comes at me i take a defensive stance, ready to tackle him in a lowered stance, afterwards i make a slash aiming for the stomach

theonewhoplays
theonewhoplays
403 posts
Nomad

Kenji: *you are right. I was to laid back.ok.... let's try this again*
You walk around in the still lively streets for a bit until you find a small general goods store. As you enter, the shopkeeper, an elderly small man with an almost bald head looks up. "Oh an elf" he says "what could i possibly do for one of the fair folk?" The walls are full of cupboards with cooking utensils, Leather and metalware and some food on them. What do you want to buy?
(thanks for your feedback i try to give you the best experience possible, but i think that one turned out pretty good)

Ugluk:
Round 1:You go into a defensive stance and your enemy misses you. You retailate but your enemy blocks with his shield.
Round 2:You tackle him. Throwing him backwards a bit and bruising him lightly. He strikes you, but you can block his sword with your shield.
Round 3: You try to hit him but he blocks and so do you when he strikes you
Round 4: You aim for his stomach but you miss, exposing your right side for an attack. Luckily you can rais your sword soon enough to parry his strike.

Ok. You are unharmed and your enemy is slightly bruised. What is your strategy for the next turns? (i tried to make the retelling of the fight more interesting now. Do you like it like that or do you want me to do it like in the last post?)

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Primary Attributes:
Secondary Attributes:

using words instead of numbers for the enemy and myself, is always fun, i like it

anywho i feint defense, and then do a vertical slash down his stomach again, then resuming a defensive stance

theonewhoplays
theonewhoplays
403 posts
Nomad

Kenji:
*I think a list of items doesn't work here. It works in a video game because of the limited number items.BUt i am always going to forget something. Just ask for something and i can tell you if it is there. But i'll tell you if you see any rare items. But again... i think a complete list isn't possible. But to your more specific questions:*

There actually are two monoculars for sale there is one for 15 goldpieces and one for 35 goldpieces. Needless to say the 35 goldpiece one is of higher quality but no bow upgrades. (i don't see how you could upgrade a bow in the first place) But after looking through the shop for a bit you find an amulet that seems to be magical.
The shopkeeper notices your interest in the different items: "Ah you are interested in monuculars? Which one should it be? And you also seem interested in that amulet. Do you wish to buy it?" Well do you? (or were your questions just examples?)

(i hope you understand that a full inventory list for every shop would be to much work. especially considering real shops sometimes need one week a year just for that purpose (granted they are bigger but still) and i don't want to do half assed lists)

theonewhoplays
theonewhoplays
403 posts
Nomad

Ugluk: (sorry you ninja'd me)
(1) You feint defense and strike in the last moment but your enemy can parry. He retailates but you can rase your shield. (2) You assume a defensive stance. Your enemy attacks but you block it, quickly striking back and hitting him hurting him greatly. (3) Your enemy tries to attack but misses. You quickly stab him hurting him again. He seems pretty badly hurt. (4) You prepare to strike again but a voice screams "THE MATCH IS OVER. THE WINNER IS UGLUK THE ORC" you have won unscathed. Do you do a victory speech stance or do you just leave? (you also get 3 xp)

theonewhoplays
theonewhoplays
403 posts
Nomad

*that should have been: speech/stance

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Primary Attributes:
Secondary Attributes:

i rub my sword in his blood then lick it off my sword ,screaming at the crowd

theonewhoplays
theonewhoplays
403 posts
Nomad

Ugluk:
At first the crowd is a bit shocked but then they begin to chant "UGLUK UGLUK UGLUK". Two healers take your enemy out of the arena and one of the guards leads you out the other end as the next fight is about to start. He brings you to a small backroom where a few fighters are practicing. An older man that seems to be waiting for you, possibly the trainer, greets you as you enter: "great fight. you put up there. Here are your earnings" He gives you a small leather sack containing 24 goldpieces. He continues: "have you ever thought of doing this for a living?" what do you answer?

XP: 6/10
Primary Attributes:
Secondary Attributes:
Gold: 42

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Primary Attributes:
Secondary Attributes:
Gold:42

"Hell maybe, but i wouldn't plan on staying on in one city for very long."

theonewhoplays
theonewhoplays
403 posts
Nomad

Ugluk:
"Well that is a shame" the man says. "But if you want to fight again come back tomorrow" of course i could give you some training for 10 goldpieces an hour.
What do you do?

theonewhoplays
theonewhoplays
403 posts
Nomad

Ugluk: *the training hour thing should have been in the quotation marks*

theonewhoplays
theonewhoplays
403 posts
Nomad

Kenji:
You look through the monocular. There are a few scratches on it and there are few small black dots in it that seem to stem from dust inside the monocle, but it is easy to ignore them. It the guard tower seems around ten times larger. "Interrested in magic?" the shopleeper answers to your question. "Well there is the local mages guild. They can probably help you out... or maybe the church if you are talking about divine magic" Do you buy the monocle? What do you do then?

Endrek:
You return through the tunnel. You walked about half the way when you notice a light coming closer and closer. it turns out it is the dwarf, packed with gold and holding a torch between his teeth running towards you. As he reaches you he gives you a gold filled sack and takes the torch in his now free hand. "the goblins" he says visibly shaken. "They breached the door they are after me. We have to run. And indeed you see more lights coming your way. There are about 2 dozen goblins heading your way. Before you can decide what to do the dwarf puches you onwards. You run through the tunnel back to the daylight. Soon you are standing in the open again. The dwarf is about 150 feet away and the goblins are about 50 feet behind him. You see a big rock that probably was used to close the tunnel. What do you do?

theonewhoplays
theonewhoplays
403 posts
Nomad

Kenji: you ask the shopkeeper for directions, leave the shop and head for the mages guild. After a few minutes you arrive at a round building with a high tower in the middle. There are two guards wearing plate armor standing in front of the entrance, a big, two winged oak door. As you approach one of them asks: "What do you want elf?"
What now?

Showing 346-360 of 462