Forums

ForumsQuests

Sequester Quests

Posted Jan 18, '13 at 4:36pm

Ferret

Ferret

7,110 posts

Administrator

This thread is a place to discuss quests for Sequester. Here is a list of the current quests available for this game of disturbed dreams...

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/13357/media/icon/2ea86c0aee8dcda7c4a72f95e50a9507.png?v=1352245177
Complete All Chapters
Reach the exit on every single level - woah!
Difficulty: Hard

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/13357/media/icon/5259794e1d00c5de7b64ede6d5149e59.png?v=1352245734
Chapter 1 Complete
Reach the exit on every level of Chapter 1!
Difficulty: Easy

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/13357/media/icon/d93e66254cf6c2b6eeece819489ed1d4.png?v=1352245697
Complete Chapter 3
Reach the exit in every level of Chapter 3!
Difficult: Medium

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/13357/media/icon/fb628259e87fe3095d01925fe64598e4.png?v=1352245237
Speed Challenge 2-5!
Beat level 2-5 in less then 75 seconds!
Difficulty: Medium

Posted Jan 18, '13 at 10:12pm

Reton8

Reton8

2,810 posts

How to complete all quests (the cheap way). If this isn't obvious to anyone already...

Open the video walkthrough, for the level set you need, in a separate window.
Resize the windows correctly so you can see both the video walkthrough and game.

Start playing the video walkthrough and then go back to the game and start playing along by following the walk through. Pause and reverse the video walkthrough as necessary.

This is very useful for Speed Challenge 2-5.

Posted Jan 20, '13 at 7:06am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

9,346 posts

Even though you are completely right... I have to ask... where's the fun in achieving this on your own?! Even though you can't show this off to anyone, there's still one person who knows you did it on your own: you! =)

Posted Jan 20, '13 at 11:03am

Reton8

Reton8

2,810 posts

Even though you are completely right... I have to ask... where's the fun in achieving this on your own?! Even though you can't show this off to anyone, there's still one person who knows you did it on your own: you! =)

Well, I have a strong distaste for platforming games and a moderate disliking of puzzle games. Combine that with the fact that puzzle games require thinking of a solution and then trying it in game (some levels requiring several tries) and platformers requiring jumping on platforms that when missed either send you back to a checkpoint or force you to re-jump to where you were and you have a time-consuming-frustration-maker instead of a game (or you have a time-consuming-frustration-game).

I'm thinking of a color, a number between one and ten, and another number between eleven and twenty in a specific order. You have to guess the color and the numbers in the correct order. You have unlimited guesses, you can only guess one guess at a time, and in order to tell me your guess you must to write it on paper and deliver it to me on foot. I won't give you any clues as to where I am. Ever time you're wrong I will randomly change my location and force you to return, on foot, to your initial location. After you guess correctly you must solve a new more difficult puzzle. I will add more colors and numbers to guess as well as blind fold you. Do you want to play this game? I don't, and this is how platform-puzzlers or puzzle platformers are to me.

Being somewhat of a perfectionist I want to complete as many quests as I can. I am decent at both puzzle and platforming games. I know it would have taken me possibly weeks if not longer (hours of frustration) to unlock this quest, yet if I gave up I would still think about getting completing this quest. Eventually, I would cave in and look at the guide or waste months to years trying to complete the quest without looking at the guide. I have a strong feeling there are other gamers out there that feel the same way. In an attempt to spare them this frustration I gave them the (rather obvious) way of completing all the quests.

Posted Jan 21, '13 at 2:16pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,740 posts

To be fair, Sequester is probably one of the hardest puzzle games on AG, and the quest for completing the game is definitely the hardest quest currently out there. I'm very good with puzzles and the platformer aspect doesn't make it harder for me, and it still took me a good ~hour of playtime to get that badge, with one level (I'm looking at you 3:3 .

Posted Jan 21, '13 at 2:18pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,740 posts

with one level (I'm looking at you 3:3) which took a quarter of that time.

Grr, I hate when my posts get cut off for no reason.

Anyways, it only has 16 people with the badge. All the other "hard" to get badges have at least 400 people or so with them. That alone shows how difficult it is to get.

Posted Jan 21, '13 at 4:55pm

fantasy4life

fantasy4life

1,937 posts

To be fair, Sequester is probably one of the hardest puzzle games on AG, and the quest for completing the game is definitely the hardest quest currently out there.
I would beg to differ. Sure, it stomped me a couple of times; but it's not really very difficult and it is limited since every level is cube-like. I think it took me about 15-20 min to complete the whole game, and levels in the beginning and some in the end; are more prone for avoiding monsters and basic platforming than anything else.

I agree, it isn't much fun completing quests for the sake of completing them, but to prove your l33t skillz or just having fun playing a game and completing challenges in the form of quests.

Posted Jan 21, '13 at 4:58pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,740 posts

I think it took me about 15-20 min to complete the whole game

There's literally no possible way it only took that long. Most levels take at the bare minimum a minute (except the first few) which means if you ran nonstop and didn't make any mistakes, it would still take you at least half an hour.

I would beg to differ.

What other puzzle games are there that are as hard as Sequester? Sure, it wasn't all that hard, but it -is- one of the hardest that I know of.

Posted Jan 21, '13 at 5:08pm

fantasy4life

fantasy4life

1,937 posts

There's literally no possible way it only took that long.
I assumed that's how much it took me since I didn't pay much attention to the time, but I never took noticeably alot for one level.

What other puzzle games are there that are as hard as Sequester? Sure, it wasn't all that hard, but it -is- one of the hardest that I know of.
Not any I can name on the top of my head, but I played certain logical games that most people can't even understand...this isn't the best example, but I remember when I made a walkthrough for this game some people didn't even know how to start it. Not to mention finish it completely. The name of the game is; This is a work of fiction

Posted Jan 21, '13 at 11:23pm

jeol

jeol

3,987 posts

I completely misunderstood the speed challenge... I thought it was levels 2-5 instead of level 2-5...

That makes much more sense.

Reply to Sequester Quests

You must be logged in to post a reply!