Forums

ForumsForum Games

Riddles

Posted Jan 29, '13 at 6:16pm

dragonball05

dragonball05

1,571 posts

His horse is named friday.

Well that's the boring correct answer, but since I know the riddle's already been solved, I'll throw in a different one just because :P

He actually was hiding out for two days, as the law was catching up to him. They saw him coming in this direction and were hot on his trail. Seeing him go through this town, they logically assumed he'd stay in the inn to hide out, so they checked, finding nothing. After two days, the law enforcement left to keep searching, while Matt stayed at the inn starting on monday and tuesday, robbed the bank on wednesday, and left on friday.

I know the horse is named Friday, but that's boring :P

As for xerox...

if it's not silence, I have no idea

Posted Jan 29, '13 at 6:43pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

5,070 posts

I know the horse is named Friday, but that's boring :P

At least it's correct.

Every action he took was listen, which included when he was hiding out: after the bank robbing.

Even if you move the "hiding out" to before the inn staying, you still have the problem of him robbing the bank Wednesday and then riding out on Friday. What was he doing on Thursday? I told you every action he took. You're short a day, and you're answer doesn't explain it.

Just sayin.

Posted Jan 29, '13 at 8:07pm

blk2860

blk2860

4,385 posts

For number 2. He warned her "Don't go out in that storm" And she didn't listen and the storm killed her. See the riddle doesn't say that what he said killed her, it said "He said something, and she dies"

Posted Jan 29, '13 at 8:10pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

5,070 posts

For number 2. He warned her "Don't go out in that storm" And she didn't listen and the storm killed her. See the riddle doesn't say that what he said killed her, it said "He said something, and she dies"

"He spoke, she died." I don't think it matter WHAT he said, it just mattered that he spoke.

xerox, did the man say something specific, or is it just that he spoke?

Posted Jan 31, '13 at 8:04pm

thaboss

thaboss

884 posts

This riddle is confusing if it's not silence. If the she is not human or silence, what else is there?

Posted Jan 31, '13 at 8:34pm

xerox

xerox

312 posts

xerox, did the man say something specific, or is it just that he spoke?

He just spoke. One word maybe, many words. Something . Or maybe he just oppened his mouth?

This riddle is confusing if it's not silence. If the she is not human or silence, what else is there?

You are mixing the 2 riddles.

Hind: In the first one there are no other persons. Only "she". "She" died because the train passed, but he did not do anything else, than just to pass.

Posted Jan 31, '13 at 10:01pm

Osumnis

Osumnis

325 posts

2. Was "she" a fire? When he spoke, he blew on a candle or something, and the fire died.

Posted Jan 31, '13 at 10:06pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

5,070 posts

I like your answer.

Posted Feb 1, '13 at 4:01am

xerox

xerox

312 posts

2. Was "she" a fire? When he spoke, he blew on a candle or something, and the fire died.

If he wanted to do it, he would blew, as you said, not speak. Have you tryed speaking to a candle to put it out?

Posted Feb 2, '13 at 4:05pm

IAgreeWithYou

IAgreeWithYou

419 posts

He spoke and she died. Why?

Ok, let's get this out of the way. I don't think this is a very good riddle and there are several reasons.

The first one being you have not said directly whether the he or the she is indeed human. If they are not human (and instead you are trying to work out what they are) then the riddle immediately becomes too vague. It becomes a "What are they?" question and then a, "What happened question?" which not only offers no valid response but confuses everyone. Now let us assume that it is a riddle where you have to find out what the two objects are. In that case there is a double standard. You say that it could not be silence because silence is "Broken" but in fact riddles often use the wrong words to confuse people into not getting the answer. On top of this you say the word "Spoke" which (If the objects are not human) also means that you are using a metaphor here. For all we know it could be the radio "speaking" here but the other thing has to die. Maybe Justin Bieber came on the radio?

But that probably isn't what is happening, right? They're both humans as you clearly explained...er...

Way too vague. Are the "he" and "she" actual, physical humans?

Yes, Maybe they are.

Maybe is not a definite clue. So I'd have to assume one of two things,

1. Both are humans (You messed up a little)

2. One is human and one is not.

Assuming one is human and the other is not it doesn't clear up which one is which. Assuming the object that spoke was not human then it could be anything really and if you want I can say "An alien radio that sends out sound waves that kill you". You might say that doesn't sound right but in the end my answer is still a viable answer. The riddle is too vague you can't use technicalities because riddles often don't say the correct word. Yours might not follow the same path but you can't justify yourself by what happens to something.

Finally, we come to both are humans. Now, I will bring up the possibility of the question being vague as well.

Why?

What are you trying to say? The only one I can really think of is "Why did she die?" In that case the answer is because he spoke. At the start the riddle could have simply been two unrelated people and as one spoke the other happened to die but you explain that the that the two are together.

So let's say AGAIN that the real question is "What happened when he spoke that made her die?" (Which doesn't start with why by the way). There is no answer to that question. He is a robot and he said something which sent out bullets from his mouth to kill her.

"Well that's not logical"

Well it is possible, and is therefore a answer that is indeed a possible answer (As there is no word that clearly states otherwise).

If that is not correct I will happily stop complaining. However at the moment this riddle (if it was offered no hints) would have LITERALLY been impossible to solve and there is no way to prove he wasn't shooting bullets from his mouth using ONLY WHAT IT SAYS ON THE RIDDLE.

You might say "Well he would have shot her". Nope, that wouldn't work. If you shoot someone they die. So why didn't he say shot then? Well usually in riddles they use the wrong word as to confuse the person answering (Just as matt did with the eagles question). You can't get me on a technicality here.

Reply to Riddles

You must be logged in to post a reply!