ForumsThe TavernHelp me with my graphics card

9 3404
NOFMAF
NOFMAF
60 posts
Treasurer

I want to buy new graphics card for my pc, cause current one isn't very good. Intel GMA4500 . It is integrated. Any advice?

• 9 Replies
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Well you should search on the newegg site for all stuff to upgrade pc's. A good cheap graphics card will about 150$+ So make sure you can even afford one. .-.

Anyways, it doesn't matter if it's integrated, but you just can't remove it since it's directly onto the motherboard. What you do is just disable the integrated one and have your new one on and it should work.

AatosLiukkonen
AatosLiukkonen
66 posts
Nomad

What are you looking for? Is money no object? What are the specs of your computer?

I could tell you to buy a Radeon 7970, but maybe the rest of your computer is awful, you don't have enough power, you don't have enough room in your case, or you don't have $400 to blow on it.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

What internal ports are available on your motherboard? If you have a low end computer, I would recommend just buying a new computer and having an excellent graphics card installed at the factory.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

Firstly
1.Whats your budget?
2.What Watt is your power supply?
3.What games do you want to play?
4.How high detail do you want to be able to play a game eg. 1080p on high?
5.What motherboard do you have?

Then we might be able to help you but by the sounds of it your pc is really old and you might be better off building a new one (It's a lot easier then you think and will save you a lot pre-built pcs cost like 2x the price the components cost)

PauseBreak
PauseBreak
317 posts
Templar

If you GFX card is integrated you might have a lot of issues (expensive ones at that) if you don't have extra ports. There isn't necessarily anything wrong with integration if you plan to keep the product "as is" for a long time.

Keep in mind to what Gamer_Cale noted, just because you have an amazing GFX card doesn't mean much if you have a low end system built around it. You're going to need the other hardware to work symbiotically with your GFX card.

How old is your computer? You might consider finding a friend, or take on the challenge yourself, of building a new computer. I'm not saying you can't, but today most people don't want to take the time and really learn about a certain project. At first it seems simple, and then they read about it and are quickly overcome with the terminology and the complexity of a certain, once thought, easy task.

My tower has more power now, and was way cheater to build than most gaming rigs on the market today. I had specific perimeters and goals and I met them within my budget. I did months of research and it paid out great!

Here is a website that is really wonderful. url=http://www.overclock.net] Overclock[/url] It's a forum with a lot of knowledgeable people. Always learn and always grow. Find out things for yourself and don't just take someone else's word for it.

AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

Integrated graphics card? That usually means the other parts of the computer aren't good. Well...at least that is my share of integrated. You might also have some problem changing the graphics card...since you know, it is integrated.

Here's a benchmark.

But seriously, before you go and waste your money on another graphics card, make sure your laptop is worthy of being upgraded.

2.What Watt is your power supply?

He runs a laptop. So not that high.

Since we are talking about your laptop, can you send a screenshot of this on your computer? Computer>System Properties>Windows Experience Index>Screen Cap.>Upload>Post Click Me.
That's my laptop.

Or if you just tell us your laptop's brand, model, and year number. (If applicable).
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

It would also be just as easy if he ran dxdiag and copy+pasted that here.

In order to do that, just copy+paste dxdiag into the search on your Start menu, and run the program that shows up. If you have a 64 bit system, make sure to select that on the screen that shows up and let it run. After the blue bar disappears, select "Save All Information", save it somewhere and then copy+paste that entire file here.

PauseBreak
PauseBreak
317 posts
Templar

He has a PC not a laptop

Moe
Moe
1,715 posts
Blacksmith

He has a PC not a laptop

PC doesn't necessarily mean desktop, and the intel gma 4500 has both a desktop and laptop version.

Or if you just tell us your laptop's brand, model, and year number.

This would be almost entirely useless. Most laptops don't allow you to upgrade the gpu, and the ones that do make it quite expensive.
Showing 1-9 of 9