ForumsForum GamesThe children of yggdrasil (based off the hit destroy game)

117 10111
Bladerunner679
offline
Bladerunner679
2,491 posts
2,950

in norse mythology, the yggdrasil is said to be the tree of life to the entire world. because of this, dark creatures have been trying to destroy it since the beginning of time, and only once has the tree been close to dying. this is the story of that one event, the one that almost brought the end of the world. you are a member of one of the villages that live close to the roots of this great tree, and it is your time to rise up to your destiny, and protect the tree from sure destruction.

Character Sheet:

Name:
Age: (14-40)
Class: (warrior, mage, theif)
-----
Level:1
XP:0/10
HP:100/100
-----
Money:0
Inventory:none
Team members: (this is for when you join up with other players. this will happen later)

I will allow about 7 people to join. post your character sheet to join. later in the game I will add sub classes based on your skill set.

-Blade

  • 117 Replies
Bladerunner679
offline
Bladerunner679
2,491 posts
2,950

Name:Vekel, the Undying
Age: 19
Class: warrior
-----
Level:1
XP:0/10
HP:100/100
-----
Money:0
Inventory:Elder's Sword
Team Members:
Abilities:
destructive blow I (175% damage)

you look around the village, and the smith has agreed to give you a set of basic armor because you managed to beat the elder.
--------------------------------
Name: Gemini Omega
Age: 20
Class: Mage
-----
Level:1
XP:0/10
HP:100/100
-----
Money:0
Inventory:elder hammer
Team members:
abilities: fire bolt

you're going to knugorum.
--------------------------------------

Name: Kenji
Age: 20
Class: Warrior
-----
Level:1
XP:0/10
HP:100/100
-----
Money: 0
Inventory: Sword (No known special properties)
Abilities: Slice I (Blade attack. 150% weapon damage. 3 wound damage every turn for 4 turns)

your friend smiles, and hands you a set of patchwork armor, a bag of salted meats, and a waterskin for your journey.
--------------------------------------------------------

Name: Talow Rosine
Age: 15
Class: Mage
-----
Level:1
XP:0/10
HP:100/100
-----
Money:
Inventory:
Staff(E)
Team members:
none
Abilities:
Force Attack I

before you leave, your friend comes back to you and hands you a waterskin, and a bag of cheeses. "yngsvark is a prominent arena town. don't try getting into anything that is too big for you to handle."
----------------------------------------

Name: Titus Swyft
Age: 19
Class: Thief
-----
Level:1
XP:0/10
HP:100/100
-----
Money:0
Inventory: Bow and Quiver, Elder's Supplies
Team members:
Abilities: Hawk Shot (Auto Crit w/Bow)

the elder points north, and says, "follow the signs. also, if you see anybody laying on the road, be wary, it might be an ambush."

after talking with your family and grabbing the extra supplies (waterskin, and a bag of salted meats), it is time to begin your journey.
------------------------------------

Name: William bartholemew
Age: 21
Class: thief
-----
Level:1
XP:0/10
HP:100/100
-----
Money:0
Inventory:
none
Team members:
none

you get close, and you hear what they are saying, "elder please. this is a matter of utmost urgency, if we don't find the marked child, then we won't be able to ensure your survival as a village," the man threatened. "save me your threats, boy," the elder said. "this village has survived over 150 years of war, plague, famine, and raids from people of your ilk. your group will fade to dust eventually, but our village will stand forever. now get out of my sight before I decide to start the practice of shooting the messenger." as the man walked away, the elder called you over, "we'll discuss that conversation later. for now, I need you to delay him by stealing his coinpurse."

-Blade

sonicheroes95
offline
sonicheroes95
13,881 posts
1,100

Name: Talow Rosine
Age: 15
Class: Mage
-----
Level:1
XP:0/10
HP:100/100
-----
Money:
Inventory:
Staff(E)
Team members:
none
Abilities:
Force Attack I

"Thanks, and I'll try to avoid that. I just want to see why the hell they want me first." and now to go on the road towards Yngsvark . nothing bad will happen to a 15 year old child with supplies. (I'd be surprised if this holds true.)

MattEmAngel
offline
MattEmAngel
7,705 posts
4,240

Name: Kenji
Age: 20
Class: Warrior
-----
Level:1
XP:0/10
HP:100/100
-----
Money: 0
Inventory: Sword (No known special properties), Armor (Patchwork), Bag of Meat, Waterskin
Abilities: Slice I (Blade attack. 150% weapon damage. 3 wound damage every turn for 4 turns)

(Do you like what I'm doing with my Inventory section? I do. Okay moving on).

To Knugorum! Let the journey begin!

Bladerunner679
offline
Bladerunner679
2,491 posts
2,950

Name: Talow Rosine
Age: 15
Class: Mage
-----
Level:1
XP:0/10
HP:100/100
-----
Money:
Inventory:
Staff(E)
Team members:
none
Abilities:
Force Attack I

(it won't) you walk along, and you see an arrow fly from nowhere, and skim right past you. your first fight has begun.

Enemy: Clumsy bandit (20/20hp)
abilities: strike, minor poison
Exp yield: 4

-Blade

Bladerunner679
offline
Bladerunner679
2,491 posts
2,950

Name: Kenji
Age: 20
Class: Warrior
-----
Level:1
XP:0/10
HP:100/100
-----
Money: 0
Inventory: Sword (No known special properties), Armor (Patchwork), Bag of Meat, Waterskin
Abilities: Slice I (Blade attack. 150% weapon damage. 3 wound damage every turn for 4 turns)

along the road, you see a man with what looks like a stab wound on his back. judging by how warm the body is, bandits are in the area. stay alert.

-Blade

Bladerunner679
offline
Bladerunner679
2,491 posts
2,950

forgot to mention: all of you have the ability to use a basic weapon strike, but I'm not counting it on the list because that list is for gained abilities.

-Blade

sonicheroes95
offline
sonicheroes95
13,881 posts
1,100

Name: Talow Rosine
Age: 15
Class: Mage
-----
Level:1
XP:0/10
HP:100/100
-----
Money:
Inventory:
Staff(E)
Team members:
none
Abilities:
Force Attack I

First, let's look at where the arrow came from, ready to dodge if a second arrow comes and start closing the distance on the bandit. "Right... why did I think this trip would be uneventful..." and let's also try to avoid showing off my ability for the world at large to know...

SubZero007
offline
SubZero007
942 posts
1,250

Name: Titus Swyft
Age: 19
Class: Thief
-----
Level:1
XP:0/10
HP:100/100
-----
Money:0
Inventory: Bow and Quiver, Elder's Supplies
Team members:
Abilities: Hawk Shot (Auto Crit w/Bow)
"Thank you elder." I head north out of town, keeping a watchful eye on any potential choke points or ambush sites. They should stand out to me because of my eye for hunting.

theEPICgameKING
offline
theEPICgameKING
906 posts
2,175

Name:Vekel, the Undying
Age: 19
Class: warrior
-----
Level:1
XP:0/10
HP:100/100
-----
Money:0
Inventory:Elder's Sword, Basic Armor
Team Members:
Abilities:
destructive blow I (175% damage)
(I'll put in whatever you forget to add to my inventory.)
Alright! Time to go! I march off bravely. To knogorum!

GeminiDelta
offline
GeminiDelta
443 posts
50

Name: Gemini Omega
Age: 20
Class: Mage
-----
Level:1
XP:0/10
HP:100/100
-----
Money:0
Inventory:elder hammer
Team members:
abilities: fire bolt
(Read the wrong sheet sorry.)
I check where knogorum is before heading out towards it, skipping merily with my hammer!

MattEmAngel
offline
MattEmAngel
7,705 posts
4,240

Name: Kenji
Age: 20
Class: Warrior
-----
Level:1
XP:0/10
HP:100/100
-----
Money: 0
Inventory: Sword (No known special properties), Armor (Patchwork), Bag of Meat, Waterskin
Abilities: Slice I (Blade attack. 150% weapon damage. 3 wound damage every turn for 4 turns)

...can I loot him?

Bladerunner679
offline
Bladerunner679
2,491 posts
2,950

Talow: you hear another arrow being knocked to your left, he is about to strike.

Titus: along the road, you spot a bandit hiding in a tree. He has not noticed you yet, so you have the ability to sneak attack for 125% normal damage.

New Enemy: Clumsy Bandit (20hp)
Abilities: strike, minor poison
Exp: 4

Vekel: along the way, you see a man on the side of the road standing next to an overturned cart. He doesn't look like a bandit, but looks could be deceiving.

Gemeni: you enter into a field, and the mark on your leg starts glowing green (an indication that a magic field has been put into play. It means that a Mage has set up a trap.) you might have to play it carefully from here on out. He/she may already know you're here.

Kenji: yes, you can loot him.

Sorry about the lack of char sheets. Updating from my iPod is tough.

-Blade

SubZero007
offline
SubZero007
942 posts
1,250

Name: Titus Swyft
Age: 19
Class: Thief
-----
Level:1
XP:0/10
HP:100/100
-----
Money:0
Inventory: Bow and Quiver, Elder's Supplies, Pack, Waterskin, Dried meats
Team members:
Abilities: Hawk Shot (Auto Crit w/Bow)
I look around for any straggler bandits that may be near him. Then I stealthily draw an arrow, and then I focus from within. I combine Hawk Shot with the damage boost from the sneak attack for a formidable attack.

sonicheroes95
offline
sonicheroes95
13,881 posts
1,100

Name: Talow Rosine
Age: 15
Class: Mage
-----
Level:1
XP:0/10
HP:100/100
-----
Money:
Inventory:
Staff(E)
Team members:
none
Abilities:
Force Attack I

Ok, let's attempt to block with staff, then strike at the bandit if he's in range.

theEPICgameKING
offline
theEPICgameKING
906 posts
2,175

Name:Vekel, the Undying
Age: 19
Class: warrior
-----
Level:1
XP:0/10
HP:100/100
-----
Money:0
Inventory:Elder's Sword, Basic Armor
Team Members:
Abilities:
destructive blow I (175% damage)
(I'll put in whatever you forget to add to my inventory.)

I walk up to him and draw my sword, pointing it at him. "Apologies but you might be a bandit, though you don't look it. Who are you?" I'm ready to defend should he attack.

Showing 46-60 of 117