blaze22792
33 posts
Nomad

id vote McCain if i was old enough

GreatZulu638
GreatZulu638
279 posts
Nomad

@rocket so you would choose obama knowing he steals from others' speeches? what else would he steal?

im indifferent on this because i havent followed it, but everyone saying that they will vote for obama just because he is black is a loss of a vote.. not that the vote matters anyway.. i would probably go with a 3rd party though..

god_of_classic_rock
god_of_classic_rock
299 posts
Nomad

I gotta go with Obama. Because just look how the republicans have screwed up this country.

eyetwitch
eyetwitch
737 posts
Shepherd

GOCR,
Because the democrats in congress have done so well to make it better and all...rofl.

PrincessBeauty
PrincessBeauty
42 posts
Nomad

Barack Obama has taken a giant step towards embodying the American dream as it has never been personified before. By securing enough additional delegates to be certain of the Democratic nomination for the United States presidential race, only John McCain, the oldest first-term presidential candidate in US history, stands in the way of Mr Obama becoming the first black man to enter the White House. First, there is the small matter to resolve of Hillary Clinton, who ran Mr Obama hard and close, though not close enough, for the Democratic nomination. It is surely only a matter of time before she concedes and takes her place in team Obama (the exact role is to be the subject of tough negotiation) against Mr McCain's Republicans. Mr. Obama has proved he is his party's best hope of winning power in the November general election. That a black man, from his background, should find himself leading the Democrats against a dispirited Republican party weighed down by a moribund President with embarrassingly low approval ratings is an achievement of note in itself. That he should be in this position after only four years as a senator verges on the astonishing. It is little wonder that Mr Obama says, with justifiable pride, that his story would not be possible in any other country on Earth. When his parents married in 1960, a union such as theirs, between a white woman and a black man, was illegal in the majority of America's states. Only seven decades ago, the idea of a black President was so far-fetched that Gallup, the pollsters, did not ask people what they thought about it. For a time, his mother got by on food stamps. For the Obama story to be completed, and for history truly to be made, the candidate must first beat Mr McCain. Winning the Democratic nomination is one thing. Winning the presidency is a different matter. The American electorate is whiter and more conservative than the Democratic Party. Is it ready for a black President? Mr Obama has youth, vigour and an easy, authoritative eloquence on his side. It was impossible to envisage George W Bush, despite eight years in the White House, making, far less understanding, the speech Mr Obama delivered to the American Israel Public Affairs Committee yesterday. He is a candidate of our times in terms of style and image. Voters have little to go on other than a sense of his personality, given his limited period in public life. Just how much policy substance lies behind the persona, and what exactly is meant by change to believe in, will be the subject of scrutiny in the coming months. Mr Obama has shown a ruthless streak by ditching Jeremiah Wright, his inflammatory former pastor, and the preacher's church. In his time in the Senate he was prepared to take a cross-party approach on domestic issues. In yesterday's speech, while demonstrating he could talk tough on Iran like Mr McCain, he emphasised his commitment to bipartisanship in the foreign affairs arena, too, with America once again engaging with the world. That is an enticing prospect compared with the crude reality of one of the worst two-term presidencies in American history.

purpledinosaur
purpledinosaur
679 posts
Peasant

well you see barrack obama has made too many vague promise ei: I will fund programs
that is not acceptable because he is lying while telling the truth giving people false hope is not the answer

xFACERIPx
xFACERIPx
39 posts
Nomad

wow. no more copy pasting articles. answer in less than 300 words. purpledino, i totally agree with you. obama is the king of vague.

Cortexal
Cortexal
80 posts
Nomad

Obama might be very vague but that doesn't keep him from winning the election. He will still get all of the votes because he will try to do those things but he will wait and wait and wait until he just can't do it anymore.

homegrove
homegrove
325 posts
Peasant

Not getting into any of the other reasons why I dislike Obama (and McCain, for that reason), I hope he just gives up his little idea for 'universal' healthcare. Even if it is just healthcare for all of the U.S., it is doomed to fail. Just look at Canada to see how 'healthcare for all' turns out.

Cortexal
Cortexal
80 posts
Nomad

Oh, and PrincessBeauty, that is from something called "The Herald". It is a sweeden newspaper.

Tank0122
Tank0122
18 posts
Nomad

Don't plaugeurize other peoples work

roudyrohde
roudyrohde
17 posts
Nomad

for the last 100s of years we have had the same type of president, white, and old. however, now we have the chance to get some new blood in. and i seriously think america is ready for the change. america needs a new president, wether it be a woman (for the love of God, not Hillary, someone else) or someone of color. America needs the change, and will really profit from it.

msg me if you agree or disagree

roudyrohde
roudyrohde
17 posts
Nomad

@home grove

Canada is prospering with their health care. they are a hell of a lot better off than we are right now. in canada they dont have nearly as many deaths from health care problems ie. not having any, or troubles with it.
look it up

Tank0122
Tank0122
18 posts
Nomad

HAHAHA Thats a good one, In Canada, you have to wait a year to go to the doctor and get medicine for a sickness, Canadas prospering in health care pshh

Tank0122
Tank0122
18 posts
Nomad

By the way, Just because of your race or gender doesn't make you a good choice for president, Why whould you need to split white from blacks, men from women in an election. It's about whos the best choice for our nation.

Showing 16-30 of 609