ForumsForum GamesDepths of Space [RPG]

42 7538
Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

They were right. They were right all along. The "hippies", the "scaremongers", all of them were right. Climate change proved to be no sham. Within 120 years, the Earth went from 70% water to 85%. Some took to boats. Some stayed on land. It became clear that the only solution lay in space. You were one of those picked to live aboard the ship.
All of humanity's best and brightest took to these ships. Yours set off for Sirius. Today, you have woken up.
Character sheet:
Name:
Armour: 10/10
Position: [this should be something like Engineer, Medic, etc.]
Bio: [be reasonable and include why you got on]
Personality:
Appearance:
Perks: [only one perk]
Extras: [something like a cybernetic implant to increase your strength]
Equipment: Cryosuit
Inventory: [no weapons, etc. and 2 things of your choice. These will be in a locker next to you, not with you]
Company: [blank]
Fill out the sheet, delete the stuff in [] brackets and I'll give you a scenario. I might give you a group of scenarios. Heck, you could even suggest one and if it's good enough I'll give it to you.
RULES:
1) If you read this, put "keeps a purple goldfish" in your bio.
2) No cursing, flaming or explicit content.
3) No making up your outcomes.
4) No one-liners.
5) Don't do stupid stuff, you'll probably die.
6) Disregard rule one and instead write "likes trains" in the bio.
7) While you can interact with other players, don't try to kill them without a good reason. This will be provided by me.
8) The ship is piloted by an AI. You may pilot the ship, though you may find craft which you can pilot.
9) The cake may or mat not be a lie.
(10) There are no more rules.

• 42 Replies
draick
draick
1,461 posts
Farmer

Name: Michael Lee
Health: 100/100
Position: Mechanic
Bio: After accidentally destroying his home with a reprogrammed drone he was meant to be sent to prison but because of his skills he was instead sent to board the ship.
Personality: Cheerful, kind, and helpful.
Appearance: Short, black hair, green eyes, always has a smile.
Extras: Backpack with robotic arms.
Perks: Enhanced intelligence.
Inventory: Teddy bear, plastic bag filled with salt
Company:

I examine the camera drone and inconspicuously check if I can reprogram it for my own needs.

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Michael Lee

I examine the camera drone and inconspicuously check if I can reprogram it for my own needs.

It notices, apparently. The writing on the screen says "Just get a few more fixed so we can do it ourselves." and then "It'll be easier for all of us if you do them now".
draick
draick
1,461 posts
Farmer

Bio: After accidentally destroying his home with a reprogrammed drone he was meant to be sent to prison but because of his skills he was instead sent to board the ship.
Company:

I continue to repair the combat drones until they tell me to stop.

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Michael Lee

I continue to repair the combat drones until they tell me to stop.

After a while, the door opens and the camera drone says "That's enough. Oh, and here's a sidearm." An intimidating-looking laser pistol pops out of a chute some way away. "Go fetch," says the drone's display.
draick
draick
1,461 posts
Farmer

Company:

If there are any more broken drones and they allow me to take one, I grab the sidearm, the laser weapon I put aside and a broken drone. If not I just grab the sidearm and the laser weapon then head outside.

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Michael Lee

If there are any more broken drones and they allow me to take one, I grab the sidearm, the laser weapon I put aside and a broken drone. If not I just grab the sidearm and the laser weapon then head outside.

Apparently, they don't mind. You now have a broken combat drone and a laser attachment in your inventory! Also, there's an alien with a gun right in front of you
draick
draick
1,461 posts
Farmer

Inventory: Teddy bear, plastic bag filled with salt, broken combat drone, laser attachment.
Company:

If I picked up the side arm I shoot it if it does any suspicious movement related to killing and/or harming me. If I did not pick it up and the alien tries to harm me I try to grab the the aliens gun while I try to punch at its face. If it does not try to harm and/or maim me I say hi.

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Michael Lee
Oh, it shoots at you. A lot. You lose 20 HP and successfully shoot it in the foot.
Also, mind trying to get more players? It's kinda dull.

draick
draick
1,461 posts
Farmer

Health: 80/100
Inventory: Teddy bear, plastic bag filled with salt, broken combat drone, laser attachment.
Company:

I try to shoot it while also trying to swat its gun away.

Did I pick up the sidearm?

You could always post in the new rpg announcement board and add a better description than the one you put there already. Or you could ask the old players if they would like to continue playing.

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Yup.
draick
draick
1,461 posts
Farmer

Health: 80/100
Inventory: Teddy bear, plastic bag filled with salt, broken combat drone, laser attachment, laser pistol.
Company:

Then I try to shoot the alien while also trying to swat its gun away.

PwnajLeadah981
PwnajLeadah981
564 posts
Nomad

Name: Verax Lulu
Position: Scientist
Bio: 2125. Verax was a professional basketball player, being one of those highly intelligent, and being a descendant of Paolo Lulu. But a year later, a bone in his arm broke and it was permanent. Verax had that arm amputated and, being rich, had it replaced with metal with circuitry for modifying strength and adapting with the skin. Unfortunately, he couldn't continue his career, being too strong. He chose to pursue a magister in science so he could continue working. It was in 2128 that he noticed the seas were rising, so he signed for a flight with a starship for a science contract.
Personality: Hot-tempered, Friendly, Influential, Nature-loving, Smart, Slightly Annoying
Appearance: Black and white untidy hair, Brown Eyes; slightly tan, athletic build, 5"10'
Perks: Highly Intelligent (knows every single element and its uses; very strategic, unpredictable)
Extras: Mechanical Right Arm
Inventory: Gloves, Trainers
Company:

Showing 31-42 of 42