ForumsGamesDestiny

6 4283
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

Destiny.
This is the name (or working name) of Bungie's (known for creating the Halo franchise) new game.

For information read here since I won't be copying it.

But pls discuss your thoughts about this game since I'm pretty interested in it.

• 6 Replies
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

I'm so excited about this game..have been for a long time, since IGN made this video...If you haven't already seen it, I recommend doing so.

Kreitmaker
Kreitmaker
290 posts
Jester

Yes! It's gonna be on PS3!

I didn't think Bungie would bother to have Destiny on the PS3 since they haven't had experience developing or porting games to the PS3 or any PlayStation console for that matter.

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

Yes! It's gonna be on PS3!

I didn't think Bungie would bother to have Destiny on the PS3 since they haven't had experience developing or porting games to the PS3 or any PlayStation console for that matter.

The reason they haven't made a PS3 game is because they were under command (?) of Microsoft. With Destiny they will work with Activision.
d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

...So humanity expands to the stars and is then confronted by aliens that drive humanity to near extinction? Hmm, sounds familiar.

It seems like Bungie is trying to add an MMO aspect to Destiny. But with a maximum of 6 players in a single instance, that isn't really "massive". It looks very pretty, and I'm sure there's going to be a huge intense story moment in Destiny where something about the Traveler is revealed. Seems like a big plot piece. I'm excited, but I'm worried about this MMO thing they are trying to push.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

It looks promising right now. Cant tell too much about it just yet. Ill have a better opinion once we actually see more gameplay.

Ningakilla
Ningakilla
64 posts
Nomad

From what I have read and seen, the game will start a new generation of console games. An MMOFPS on a console? It has happened before, but met with little success. If a well-known developer like Bungie makes it, more game studios will attempt to do something like that.

I also think that it was a very good business maneuver to announce it on the PS4. Current PS3 users will be exited for the PS4, and Destiny is so far one of (if not the only) games that have been announced it on the PS4.

Showing 1-6 of 6