Forums → Art, Music, and Writing → [Closed] Armatar Contest - Theme NINJA!
With a fantastic amount of entries in total, we are leaving a successful Winter Edition behind us and now move on to another round in the ArmorGames Armatar Contest!!
And because you blew us away with so many of your wonderful, creative and talented entries, we decided we want to test your skills to match the latest Quest game that was launched: Sinjid. That's right people! We would like you to surprise us with a submission for the next stealthy theme: NINJA!
Here are the guidelines that help you figure out what is allowed and what is not :
# ARMATAR CONTEST GUIDELINES :
1) All entries must be appropriate. They cannot be offensive or profane in nature. Keep it clean!
2) The entry must be square, and at least 100x100 pixels in dimension.
3) Your entry must scale down well to 100x100. So if it is larger, make sure that it will still look good when it is scaled down to the actual armatar size. Here are a few suggestions about this :
~ Sometimes keeping it simple is better. If you go into a lot of detail, it might not look as great when you scale it down. So keep in mind what the final size will be and check often how it looks when it is scaled down.
~ Remember to save a lot while you are making it! Better to delete 20 -in between made- save files later on, than ending up with something you actually don't like...
~ If you are able to do vector, by all means! That can help with the sharpness of the image. However, since they are so small this probably isn't a big issue.
4) Must be completely original. You cannot use elements from other pieces of artwork, the entire armatar must be 100% created by you. Plagiarism will not only exclude your submission by means of disqualification, it will also exclude you from participation in any future contests AND will have further consequences!
5) Must be fitting to the current contest's theme. If a certain entry is debatable to whatever extend, a mod or admin will give the decisive and final ruling for submission.
Do note that we won't add all submissions at once... all submissions will go up in batches during the entry window and they will eventually disappear from the Armatar roster a week after being uploaded, thus rotating all submissions as we approach the next theme. Keep checking this thread for notifications on the rotation!
The window for this contest will be from 02/20/2013 untill 03/10/2013, so make sure you submit your entries in time to make it on the rotating schedule!
We look forward to seeing your contributions! So, assume your lotus position, completely clear your mind and start searching your inner self... and once you've reached your colorful fountain of creativity, jump into action to grab that pencil and weild it as if you were holding a Katana, slicing your enemy with deadly colorful blows! Make 'em look good! Amaze us!!! =)
- 84 Replies
Decided to go ahead and enter my own silly creation as well! ^^
Masked Ninja is watching you...
Why does this "ninja" remind me of the Grinch?But it's kinda cool, I guess.
LOL The eyes were indeed part of my idea, but I simply had that particular idea about eyes for a while now... all started when I saw one of the older Armatars with the vague grin and red gloomy eyes! Thought I'd implement them into a Masked Ninja fella...
So, will you be submitting the other Armatars you made again? =)
I feel like I should add a sword somewhere in mine.
So when are the armaters going to be available? I want my Ninja Slendy.
Oh never mind... Sorry I don't pay attention to instructions intill the last minute.
And now, I present you...
the badly drawn ninja!
Oh dear, that came out badly. They look a lot better in 500 by 500...
Maybe make it zoomed in, like he's hanging right over the other guy, about to strike.
I feel like I should make a ninja similar to my adorable Ferret in the Draw a Ferret thread..
Nice i like that ninja sketch u made =)
oh ! it is really great contest
Made this in about 5 minutes.
I'll make the background better, just wanted something besides white.
Maybe make the knot a bit more defined. Also, you missed a couple of bits.
Thread is locked!