10 posts
Nomad

id have to say eminem...but i dont really like rap

Alguzara
Alguzara
519 posts
Nomad

Oh and i forgot to tell in my post,
the rapper from RATM is Zack de la Rocha :P.

DivineDarkness
DivineDarkness
1,226 posts
Nomad

You mean the best retards in a group?
Rap stands for RETARDS ATEMPTING POETRY!
R.A.P. But I don't really like either, the only rap that I like is tech n9ne

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

At least the lyrics to the rap songs are actually good. All ur heavy metal songs have the most meaningless dumb lyrics in the world.
I spent sum time finding the thread about lyrics to giv u some examples to compare. Here is rock

[/quote]korn-sing sorrow
In the deepest part of me
like an unknown memory
i was never ment to find
little seed of purity
ad you dont belong to me
still im blinded by its light
Dont try to make it right

OMG wot does that even mean. Write sum real lyrics how can sum1 with half a brain find that meaningfulll?

And just to prove this wasnt a one off here are some more rock lyrics. I have heard sum dumb lyrics in my time but this takes the cake.

[quote]are we killing them with lies?
are they fighting for their lives?
killing them with thoughts?
can we never get enough?
killing them are we killing killing every single feeling?
We are all preset to reset
DUMB
TO DUMB
WE'RE ALL PRESET TO RESET TO DUMB
WE'RE ALL PRESET TO RESET TO DUMB
somebody told me once
beat them till they start to get used to it
next thing there lining up
are we killing them?
are we killing them?
are we killing them?
are we killing them?
are we killing them?
are we killing them?
are we killing them?
are we killing?
its a pretty deep song, and can really get to you, thats why i love to listen to this song so much

The guy at the end 'its a pretty deep song' wot a crackhead. Who does that song appeal to? Wot target audience does it have. From the repetetition of the word dumb i would guess dumb people.

How is that in any way poetry divinedarkness?

Compare that BS to some rap 2pac shakur one of the best of all timee. He talks about real political issues and problems in the world that still need fixing today and he does it on a great track.

Come on come on
I see no changes wake up in the morning and I ask myself
is life worth living should I blast myself?
I'm tired of bein' poor & even worse I'm black
my stomach hurts so I'm lookin' for a purse to snatch
Cops give a damn about a negro
pull the trigger kill a nigga he's a hero
Give the crack to the kids who the hell cares
one less hungry mouth on the welfare
First ship 'em dope & let 'em deal the brothers
give 'em guns step back watch 'em kill each other
It's time to fight back that's what Huey said
2 shots in the dark now Huey's dead

So tell me DivineDarkness which is more like poetry rap or that meaningless BS that i mentioned before.
woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

soz i did the quote button wrong but you get the point i think

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,269 posts
Jester

okey woody made really good points there, but I would like to say, why in the RED HELL, that right RED not BLUE RED hell are people that hate rap come onto this thread, I bet you can read right? So don't come on it in the firt place! You end up making yourselfs look more like an @ss then anything really!

Captian_EO
Captian_EO
172 posts
Nomad

Rap is CRAP!!!!
I sometimes tolerate listening to Will Smith though just because he is soooo freakin' cool.
"Weird" Al raps, does he count as a rapper?

scrubsmaster1
scrubsmaster1
344 posts
Nomad

bell biv davo i think thats how u spell it but there good

StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

...the best is by far the backstreet boys...noone is better than them...*cough cough*

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Lil Wayne or uhhh, I'm not sure.. :P But Rap is alright...

Helrayser
Helrayser
475 posts
Peasant

thank god you didn't say "band" people that do are retarded, but I hate rap, so I don't have one

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,680 posts
Nomad

every one its rap groups everyone who said emminem is stupid.

woody your compleyly dumb metel has meaing to it and rap doesnt. all rap ever talks about is sex most of the time. now rap groups are another story.

my favorite rap bands have to the ID of OZ or flobots

eyetwitch
eyetwitch
737 posts
Shepherd

dellosantosj,
I highly suggest you look into real rap versus pop rap. Pop rap is created to sell records, created with the knowledge that womanizing, drugs, and guns sells records.

And now i can answer this topic with atleast a little bit of knowledge. I just got Immortal Technique and Jedi Mind Tricks both of which are incredible!
Though Eminem will always have my number 1 (probably) He is a lyrical genius!

eyetwitch
eyetwitch
737 posts
Shepherd

woody_7007
There are some Rock bands with meaningful lyrics...not all but the same can be said of rap.
Look at
P.O.D.
Switchfoot
Devil Wears Prada
Rage Against the Machine
Rush

All those bands have very meaningful lyrics...

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

@ Captain EO this is a thread about favoutrite rap groups. This isnt a thread debating which is better rock or rap. I dont like rock but i dont go posting on threads about it saying how much i hate it. So go and makre yourself look like a dick on a different thread. Also i wouldnt couunt him as a rapper because he does parodys of songs both rap and rock so i think he doesnt have a difinitive genre.

@ dellosantosj. Personally i have never heard a rock song that has had any subtext to it which has appealed to me personally in any way. However i would still be open to songs that do like eyetwitch who listed some bands. See thats how you contribute to an argument. Also you say rap is just about sex nowadays. There are lots and lots of sub genres iinvolved in both rock and rap so it is hard to group them. You cannot say all rap is all about sex because that isnt true. A lot of gangsta rap is about sex but lots of other rap isnt. You cannot claim to hate something when you clearly dont listen to any rap and so know little about it.

The genres i prefer are hip hop and grime. People like Jay Z and Nas i prefer to people like The Game and Fifty Cent but i still like some gangsta rap too. You have to have an open mind when it comes to music.

I will also contribute to the main point of the thread which is about favourite rap groups i would just like to remnind some people. Bone thugz and Harmony are good. Public Enemy are good. Cypress Hill are good. Il try and think of some more later.

Showing 16-30 of 50