ForumsWEPRWill Christianity Die Out?

213 82079
zeus999
zeus999
31 posts
Shepherd

So I was thinking a few day ago about all the religions that died out because they worshiped the sun, and I'm curious if you think Christianity will do the same due to its outdated beliefs (well to be exact Jesus is the sun, and Christianity also has roots in astronomy but whatever).

• 213 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Number of offsprings is generally not linked to religion, except in those hyper-religious families in the US with 20+ kids. Usually the better explaining factor is life standart.

What I would like to address is the following: in what way do you mean are Abrahamic religions more 'sensible' than Paganic cults?
Because if you want my opinion, first, pagans in conquered territories were not left with much of a choice, so that 'appeal' might be more due to the enforcement. Second, stuff like abolishment of human sacrifices (if I'm not wrong, which could be since it's been a while since I did history) was more due to the spread of Roman culture and not directly to the christian influence.

KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

http://www.jewishfederations.org/page.aspx?id=46437
For jews, its not an edu, but its accurate.
http://moreintelligentlife.com/story/faith-equals-fertility
This says faith equals fertility
http://fastestgrowingreligion.com/numbers.html
Christianity shouldn't be dying out any time soon.

KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

just copy and paste the links, the first is broken, and i didnt bother wiith the rest.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

It's hard for me to see Christianity die out when it stimulates the economy and creates jobs for thousands of people in America.

"Alright everyone, we need you all to believe in Christianity because the economy is going down the pipes even harder now"

Christianity, as Christians believe, will last till the end of time.

Ok then we turn our attention to that Christianity. Why would it last until the end of time?

Why did the ancient pagan religions die out? Because more 'sensible' religions like Christianity, mohammedism (whatever its called), and judaism came along.

Paganism is still around today.

Also, so what you are stating here is that at one point in time, Paganism was correct before the Sister religions came along.

I also like the implication that the Sister religions weren't a thing until they came along, therefore making everything about the religions that came before the times of their coming to false.

which dont flow in this corrupt, and quite lazy, world. People cant handle strict religions, and they may feel guilty being atheist, so they feel Christianity is the easier way

All the problems with the "old" and "strict" religions have nothing to do with them being "hard-work".

and atheists will have 1 or 2 kids, or an abortion

You were doing so good at refrain form the unnecessary and ignorant attacks, until here.

http://www.jewishfederations.org/page.a ⦠437
For

Mind re-doing this? Looking around the site I can't seem to find what page you were attempting to link to.

http://moreintelligentlife.com/story/faith-equals-fertility

If they want to spread their gospel, then, one might half-seriously conclude that atheists and agnostics
Even as a joke, this line is still wrong. Atheism/Agnosticism has no "gospel".

For the title of the argument, as well as the argument, the following line sums it up quite well:
Nobody knows exactly why religion and fertility tend to go together.
They may tend to go together, but to argue that faith = fertility is a generalization towards all the people of each faith.

http://fastestgrowingreligion.com/numbers.html

1) Would be nice to see one not from 2009, but not like it matters because...
2) I see you ignored my links earlier on in the thread?
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

You were doing so good at refrain form the unnecessary and ignorant attacks, until here.

What i mean is, that most people who have abortions are atheist, not all, but most. Christians know it's a sin, so. And how many atheists do u know with 4 or more children? I'm only generalizing.

Paganism is still around today.

Also, so what you are stating here is that at one point in time, Paganism was correct before the Sister religions came along.

I also like the implication that the Sister religions weren't a thing until they came along, therefore making everything about the religions that came before the times of their coming to false.

By paganism, im implying greek, egyptian, and norse gods. But yes, at one point, they were the main religions, but they didnt die out because people got bored of them, bigger and better things spread.

Mind re-doing this? Looking around the site I can't seem to find what page you were attempting to link to.

Just copy and paste, but dont include the word 'For' the stupid computer thought it was part of it.

2) I see you ignored my links earlier on in the thread?

Sorry, i came in pretty late, i didnt see them. I dont have time to read 17 pages at once. But eitherway, stats cant change TOO much over a couple of years.
thecode11
thecode11
239 posts
Nomad

By paganism, im implying greek, egyptian, and norse gods. But yes, at one point, they were the main religions, but they didnt die out because people got bored of them, bigger and better things spread.

Well judaism was pretty small at first and not a prophetizing religion, christianity was small too, and islam small too so how bigger and explain better.

Sorry, i came in pretty late, i didnt see them. I dont have time to read 17 pages at once. But eitherway, stats cant change TOO much over a couple of years.

Some do including those.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

What i mean is, that most people who have abortions are atheist,

Actually, according to this Protestants and Catholics are having more abortions than the non-religious.

Just copy and paste, but dont include the word 'For' the stupid computer thought it was part of it

I get the following when trying to open it:
http://www.jewishfederations.org/error.html?aspxerrorpath=/page.aspx
No "for" in it.

Sorry, i came in pretty late, i didnt see them. I dont have time to read 17 pages at once. But eitherway, stats cant change TOO much over a couple of years

Actually, my stats conflict with yours.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

That is still around today, though far less popular. I have a friend who believes in Norse gods.
Christianity, as Christians believe, will last till the end of time.

I'm Cathloic and I was never taught this.
----
I personally think that eventually it will become less popular over time, like any religion. Probably will be somewhat forgotten and replaced by whatever religion rises in the future.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

They weren't accepted for being better ideas. They spread through brute force because it was often the policy of adherents to torture or slaughter anyone who didn't convert.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

They weren't accepted for being better ideas. They spread through brute force because it was often the policy of adherents to torture or slaughter anyone who didn't convert.

Well, idk what you mean by this. As far as I know is that pagans used brute force. All of those christians which were martyred in the Roman Empire, fed to lions. So hopefully you're referring to them. Aside from a few foolish exceptions, like bloody Mary, Christians wouldn't kill those who didn't convert, they would only try to convert them.

I'm Cathloic and I was never taught this.

You must not be catholic then, or just really misinformed. or perhaps you're a heretic. Because every GOOD catholic knows the church is infallible, holy, universal, and 'indefectable' which means it will last till the end of time. So if you are truly Catholic, then brush up on your learning. I'm guessing you're Novis Ordo Catholic, which isn't traditional, or genuine.

That is still around today, though far less popular. I have a friend who believes in Norse gods.

Where does he go to practice? Does he or she take it seriously?

I personally think that eventually it will become less popular over time, like any religion. Probably will be somewhat forgotten and replaced by whatever religion rises in the future.

The fact that you all think that religions will turn around so easily is ridiculous. Unless there are massive wars with invasions, or migrations to uninhabited land, not much will change.

Actually, according to this Protestants and Catholics are having more abortions than the non-religious.

This was actually surprising. Too many people say they're christian, yet are heretics, because they murder their babies, so that makes them non-christians. When they deny at least one doctrine, they arent christian anymore. So whatever research they did to gather this, they obviously didnt know the laws of the church, but thanks for showing me something in stead of just shooting me down with no support.
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Quick question. If you do not trust your religion will work out, why do you believe in it?
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Quick question. If you do not trust your religion will work out, why do you believe in it?

Right? No way this dudes not a real christian.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

I'm only generalizing.

If you know you are generalizing, why do you do it regardless, without any manner of support to back up your argument?

I know we've said this to you before, but just to reiterate, it really does the human brain wonders if you research what you want to argue before you actually post.

Research, as in with .edu and .gov extensions. These are the scientific articles which back up their theses with sources and relevant data (hint: they actually have doctors who kinda know what they are talking about).

Right? No way this dudes not a real christian.

Is it somehow demonizing to be realistic that maybe a population of religious people is decreasing over time?
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Where does he go to practice? Does he or she take it seriously?

I don't know where but yeah, he takes it very seriously.
You must not be catholic then, or just really misinformed. or perhaps you're a heretic. Because every GOOD catholic knows the church is infallible, holy, universal, and 'indefectable' which means it will last till the end of time. So if you are truly Catholic, then brush up on your learning. I'm guessing you're Novis Ordo Catholic, which isn't traditional, or genuine.

No, I am just an example that you are wrong about Catholicism being strict.

Why I believe isn't the question. The question is will future civilizations believe it, and I doubt it. I am religious, sure, but I'm also realistic and anyone with knowledge of history would have to agree.
Is it somehow demonizing to be realistic that maybe a population of religious people is decreasing over time?

Exactly. Whatever future civilization that replaces us will most likely have their own religion to replace ours, just as we have done to the people before us.
thecode11
thecode11
239 posts
Nomad

No every GOOD catholic(is a dead one jk) is one that's saying how great their religion is but being modest and humble about it.

Well, idk what you mean by this. As far as I know is that pagans used brute force. All of those christians which were martyred in the Roman Empire, fed to lions. So hopefully you're referring to them. Aside from a few foolish exceptions, like bloody Mary, Christians wouldn't kill those who didn't convert, they would only try to convert them.

Dark ages such well either death or be COMPLETE JERKS to every non catholic.

This was actually surprising. Too many people say they're christian, yet are heretics, because they murder their babies, so that makes them non-christians. When they deny at least one doctrine, they arent christian anymore. So whatever research they did to gather this, they obviously didnt know the laws of the church, but thanks for showing me something in stead of just shooting me down with no support.

Ahem... so you allow slavery, rape for 50 bucks to the girls father and never divorcing her or do you follow the cherry pickers bible?(note in bible or check out jacylnglenn's channel for info).They probally did a survey so they just asked people not the church.

I had to get this out of my system.
Showing 166-180 of 213