ForumsWEPRWill Christianity Die Out?

213 82149
zeus999
zeus999
31 posts
Shepherd

So I was thinking a few day ago about all the religions that died out because they worshiped the sun, and I'm curious if you think Christianity will do the same due to its outdated beliefs (well to be exact Jesus is the sun, and Christianity also has roots in astronomy but whatever).

• 213 Replies
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

if you dont agree with the pope, u cant be part of what he rules.

Funny. Last I heard you stopped agreeing with the pope during "Vatican II" and no longer believe he's the real pope.

I'm not going to address all of the offtopic stuffs.

My point is still standing. Why would anyone believe in something that he/she also believes will fade with time?

This is beside the point Nilo. Individual people may think it's true, and they may never stop believing it's true. However, this doesn't mean a religion cannot die out - their descendants might not believe.

People won't believe in something that they don't believe is true, sure enough. However, one can be wise enough to realize that it's not just them that a question like this is pertaining to.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Don't patronize me, im not stupid, i just have trouble finding things thst arent .com

Check the sourcing that the site uses. Sometimes .com's are summarizations of an .edu or .gov

I agree, but he's not defending his faith, he's attacking it, and saying it wont last.

Not quite. He is stating his faith will last (as in he will believe in his religion), but he is being realistic in recognizing that not everyone will believe in what he believes.

And these examples you're giving are strictly through migration/war. It's not domestic, like the French Revolution.

I fail to see how it not being domestic changes the act

The crusades was a war to take back what was theirs. It wasn't murdering people in you own society because they didnt believe what u did.

And if we were to talk to someone of Islamic faith they would say it was theirs. I also fail to see why the Seljuk Turks needed to be slaughtered.

And again, I don't see how the action is different just because you aren't doing it domestically.

Slavery wasn't thought to be wrong back then. You guys keep saying things were different back then, well, there's one way.

As Emp pointed out, it was different times back then, yes, but if we were toi strictly follow the Bible then it should still be ok today.

-----

@Indian786

1-Basically Christianity is a peaceful ,raised when son of gave his life for others not by killing others.,

You might want to hop on board and follow this thread, then, because a few of us disagree with you here.

3-No forceful conversions,most Christians live and maintained good relations with majority or minority people.,

Again, you might want to fact check.

6-It wont make you a slave of god it will give you freedom , make you lover of human beings and god.,

If you want to hop over to Atheism vs Theism, we can debate this point.

-----

@KnightDeclan

If u dont love her, dont touch her.

1) That's an odd way to handle rape charges

2) I think you are failing the biggest part there. The woman is having to marry her rapist and she can't leave him, lest she wants her father to stone her.

-----

As Emp stated, I do believe it might be time for a Atheism v Theism thread revival...
thecode11
thecode11
239 posts
Nomad

Who says she's unwilling. It's quite fair because it wont cause problems if she has a baby and that baby will need two parents.

Single parents exist KnightDeclan

You don't get it bro. I dont make those rules! The pope did, and if you don't agree with the pope, u cant be part of what he rules.

(In my head it sounds like you r whining XD)It is sounding like you make those rules anyway pickpocket is being realistic so what your saying is being realistic means disagreeing with the pope?
thecode11
thecode11
239 posts
Nomad

As Emp stated, I do believe it might be time for a Atheism v Theism thread revival...

Not a bad idea so we can not get too off topic.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

You dont get it bro. I dont make those rules! The pope did, and if you dont agree with the pope, u cant be part of what he rules.

You don't get it. There is no rule anywhere that says I can't believe what I have already said.
So yeah... Done with off topicness now
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

Rape?! Who said rape. In the first bibles, non-modern revisions, it says, 'He that lay with her shall give to the father of the maid fifty sides of silver, and shall have her to wife, because he hath humbled her: he may not put her away all the days of his life.

That should've been Deuteronomy 22:28-29. 28 clarifies that if the man "lay hold on her..."

Still waiting on why these rules don't apply now.
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

1. Because non-religious people aren't exactly dying to become Christian. 2. Why would a new civilization believe in the religions of old? 3. I don't think it will die out completely, however it is very possible that something overtakes it. 4. I am simply accepting the inevitable, that does not alter my beliefs.

1. In 7/10 cases, it's because they haven't been shown Christianity yet.
2. Civilisations stopped existing thousands of years ago. Deal with it.
3. Please elaborate...
4. No. The only thing that is inevitable in this world is that everyone will die. That's it.

And besides... everything fades in time, nilo. That was deep.

No.

Time crumbles things, everything grows old and is forgotten under the power of time.

THAT is deep.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

1. In 7/10 cases, it's because they haven't been shown Christianity yet.

Source for this. In my experience, people are usually quite unwilling to shift from their current beliefs. I also don't see why Christianity would be any more likely to convert someone than any other given religion.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Theism und Atheism is alive again, so let's please move such topics there.

KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

That should've been Deuteronomy 22:28-29. 28 clarifies that if the man "lay hold on her..."

Still waiting on why these rules don't apply now.

Ugh, this is the ORIGINAL bible quote. Again, not a new, protestant one.
http://www.biblestudytools.com/rhe/deuteronomy/passage.aspx?q=deuteronomy+22:13;deuteronomy+22:19;deuteronomy+22:28-29

And i'm out, i forgot how stubborn you all are.
thecode11
thecode11
239 posts
Nomad

knightdeclan move out to discuss this!

thecode11
thecode11
239 posts
Nomad

also knightdeclan maybe it is you who are stubborn think on that.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Answering KnightDeclan in A&E thread.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

*A&T

KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Yeah, im sorry guys, i call u stubborn when i'm the most stubborn person i know XD

Showing 196-210 of 213