Forums

ForumsForum Games

The Key to Salvation

Posted Mar 7, '13 at 5:41pm

Keonking1995

Keonking1995

83 posts

Stalker

"Guess I better get to work soon." *Goes back to closet and grabs a black balaclava and black sun glasses.* These will help keep the cold wind off my face while better concealing my identity as I am not much of the social type , although it would be nice to meet a girl to keep my company.

*Drapes hood over head, leaving the baseball cap and puts sun glasses on as I walk out the door headed to work*

 

Posted Mar 7, '13 at 6:27pm

SubZero007

SubZero007

401 posts

Dane Ray
I make the bed and wipe the counter. I like order. Then I step outside my cabin to acquire pencil and paper. I lock the door (or the closest equivalent). I look around, and head for the control deck with the steering wheel, because I know that charts and pencils and paper are left there to mark the ships course.

 

Posted Mar 7, '13 at 9:11pm

Veksing

Veksing

247 posts

Stalker,

You step outside the house, and into the fresh, yet cold air. Immediately, you notice the clouds getting a little darker and heavier. You may need to hustle and get rid of those weeds so the rain can completely feed the crops.

Across the street, you can hear people yelling as they run, trying to get themselves situated and prepared for when the rain hits.

"Get the buckets and set them along here." says an old man, pointing to a sidewalk along the road. You can see a few men, young looking, carrying giant rain buckets out of a small shed. At least a dozen are being set up, so there will be plenty of water until the next rain comes. As of right now, you don't know whether or not people filter the water here in Sydney, but so far no one has gotten any type of disease from drinking the water yet, including you.

You turn your attention left, and see your destination. The job you have isn't far from your home, which is perfect in a way. You begin to walk over, and you see three other farmers, along with Gary, fertilizing some crops while planting others in a different patch of soil. The patches of soil are about 20 meters wide, giving enough space for enough food to be produced for Sydney.

In the rush of everything going around you, you calmly and collectively pace yourself to the area, and begin picking the weeds. A few people are looking at you for a short moment, then turning their attention towards their own tasks at hand.

You end up spending two and a half hours picking every single weed out of the crop field, just in time for the rain to begin. Its a very small sprinkle right now, but the darkened clouds ahead prove to be more generous in the rain that it will output. Thunder can be heard in the distance, and sometimes a few flashes appear in the sky. The sun has been blocked out almost completely, and the clouds darken the earth below. Mostly everyone has finished what they came outside to do, except for you and a few other people. You'll be soaking wet if you stay out here for too long, but for now, you're hardly wet at all.

Your house is still nearby, and so is the trading post that you were thinking about earlier. It lies just beyond the street ahead of you. Lucky for you, its an indoor trade area, so its safe to travel that short distance and possibly stay until the rain stops as you shop for anything of good use.

(By the way, I didn't mention this earlier, but your house is a one-story building with one bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, living room, etc. Also, if you want to meet more people, you can say that you 'inspect' them or something to let me know that you want the details of what they look like, and then you can interact with them in order to become acquaintances and soon, friends. The more you go to your job, you automatically gain influence, or friendship with the farmers.)

==============================================================

Dane Ray,

I make the bed and wipe the counter.

The room looks much better now.

I lock the door.

You twist the lock mechanism, and then you step outside and shut the door. You jiggle the door to make sure its locked; and you conclude that it is.

After being out here, you can feel the fresh scent of the ocean, then the gruesome aftermath of the slaughter washes over the scent. You cringe as you observe the area. The ship doesn't seem to be drifting anywhere. You can't be too sure though, since you can't see any landmass on this part of the ship. You turn your head to the right, and you see the row of rooms leading down the outside of the ship on one side only. On the opposite side of the ship, more rooms sit in a line with the doors facing the opposite direction. The edge of the deck is roughly 15 meters away from the line of doors and the rooms, giving people enough space to walk up and down it to get to the rooms or go upstairs to the upper deck. You look left, and find a few dead bodies scattered around the deck, which is stained with blood. You walk towards it, and the entire main deck comes into view, and so do more bodies. No sign of movement, however. Ahead, you can see tables, and a bar that you've recently looted, but you can recall that there are still plenty of items left to be taken. The bar is being shaded by the awning above it, and the observer deck. Above that, the Captains deck can be seen, but there is tinted glass preventing you from seeing inside of it.

After the observation, you make haste towards the Captains deck, passing the turned over tables, and the bar. You head up the small staircase to the Observers deck. The view is actually pretty nice. There are hardly any clouds in the sky. The tables are knocked over in here as well, along with several dead bodies. The chandelier that hung so beautifully here before has fallen, and smashed to the ground with some poor fellow underneath it.

Soon, you reach the door at the top of another staircase. You attempt to open it, but it doesn't budge. The handle is twisting, but something heavy is keeping the door shut.

 

Posted Mar 7, '13 at 9:17pm

Veksing

Veksing

247 posts

"you can feel the fresh scent of the ocean"
I can be a derp at times. :D

Excuse me for the double post.

 

Posted Mar 7, '13 at 10:09pm

SubZero007

SubZero007

401 posts

Dane Ray
I keep a close eye on the bodies, making sure none get back up and looking to see if they have anything useful. Now, onto the door. I push and pull on the door, then look to see if there is a window I can peek through to see what's up. If not, I loot the rest of the bar, and then I look for another way in to the Captain's Deck.

 

Posted Mar 8, '13 at 4:17pm

Veksing

Veksing

247 posts

Dane Ray,

I push and pull on the door, then look to see if there is a window I can peek through to see what's up.

The door doesn't budge. The sides of the staircase have see-through windows, but after looking through them, you can only see the tinted windows of the Captain's deck just beyond, and nothing else.

If not, I loot the rest of the bar, and then I look for another way in to the Captain's Deck.

You walk down the staircase, and turn towards the bar. After reaching the bar, you observe the items that it contains behind it. You see several items such as full Wine Bottles, and other alcoholic beverages, but you can't take any with you without something to carry them in unless you want to make several trips back and forth to your room. You were going to try to find another way into the Captains deck, but there is no other way. The door at the top of that staircase above the observer's deck is the only way to get in it seems. Smashing one of the windows would be an option... if you could fly.

 

Posted Mar 8, '13 at 6:00pm

Keonking1995

Keonking1995

83 posts

Stalker

I decide it would be best to go to the market and see whats there, Even tho I do not currently have anything in my possession worth trading for.

 

Posted Mar 8, '13 at 7:07pm

Veksing

Veksing

247 posts

Stalker,

I decide it would be best to go to the market and see whats there, Even tho I do not currently have anything in my possession worth trading for.

You head to the market, just as the rain begins to pour down. You are standing outside of the trade post, under a small awning to keep from getting wet. Its starting to get slightly windy out here. You peek inside through the window, and you can see a few lights on inside, and the main desk, but rain has already streaked across the glass, obscuring the view of some of the contents that lie beyond. Also, you're beginning to feel slightly thirsty.

 

Posted Mar 8, '13 at 7:51pm

SubZero007

SubZero007

401 posts

Dane Ray
I look at the door, and see if it could be removed with screws. If if can be, I search for the proper tool to remove it with. If it can't, I grab an empty wine bottle from the bar and throw it at the window.

 

Posted Mar 8, '13 at 7:53pm

Keonking1995

Keonking1995

83 posts

Stalker
This is survival so why not. lol

I step out from away from the awning and see that there is a low spot on the awning where water is holding, soon the water slowly pours off one of the sides  in a steady stream. I pull my balaclava down and open my mouth wide as fresh ice cold rain water pours into my mouth. (Natures natural purification) Then I walk back under the awning and knock on the door. After pulling my balaclava back up to conceal my face.

 
Reply to The Key to Salvation

You must be logged in to post a reply!