Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

North Korea Vows to Nuke U.S.A.

Posted Mar 12, '13 at 5:45pm

StormWalker

StormWalker

2,799 posts

I don't have anything great and enlightening to say about this, seeing as I have almost no knowledge of the world outside America, but 1) I hope they don't, and 2) If they do I swear I'm moving to Taiwan, somehow.
I know there's hostility between the US and NK, and I read a book called 'Edge of Apocalypse' which is, basically, NK sending a nuke to the US, the US deflecting it with some sort of new technology, and then a bunch of political stuff, as well as war, and basically all of the US's enemies commence attack. [There's also a bunch of religious stuff mixed in but I refuse to start a religion argument in here.] But that was in the maybe-soon-to-be-now future, and if they nuke us now, then we wil not be able to send it back and we probaqbly will have some sort of war, maybe WWIII if China or Russia or whoever else out there joins in and US pulls its allies and crap hits the fan, to use some weird cliche thing I heard once.

Posted Mar 12, '13 at 6:12pm

Maverick4

Maverick4

3,707 posts

does it? can't the usa just back of for once?

Because the US getting threatened with a nuclear strike by a bellicose nation which threatens to destabilize the entire region, while simultaneously committing egregious human rights violations to their own people is entirely the US' fault. Those darn Americans!

/sarcasm

Posted Mar 12, '13 at 6:28pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,087 posts

that was in the maybe-soon-to-be-now future

if stories are always nice like a soap.

maybe WWIII if China or Russia or whoever else out there joins in and US pulls its allies

if china and russia somehow team up against the usa. then dont expect the usa to have much allies left. the other 2 together have much more power. and jack knows what will happen to those that support their enemy.

Posted Mar 12, '13 at 6:33pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,087 posts

Those darn Americans!

sorry it had to be:
"not talking about this specific one"

getting a thread is your business. i was referring off-topic.

Posted Mar 12, '13 at 6:44pm

redfan45

redfan45

202 posts

This is a great North korean propaganda film about the US lmao
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3a8_1362925707

Posted Mar 13, '13 at 7:03am

Maverick4

Maverick4

3,707 posts

getting a thread is your business

I aggree whole heartedly. And because it IS our business, we can handle it however we want to. :)

Posted Mar 13, '13 at 8:11am

partydevil

partydevil

5,087 posts

And because it IS our business, we can handle it however we want to. :)

hmmmmm. no.

you can't nuke them.
hell you can't even attack them aslong they did not attack you.

Posted Mar 13, '13 at 8:14am

partydevil

partydevil

5,087 posts

And because it IS our business, we can handle it however we want to. :)

also rember that you act for yourself then. you wont be able to hide behind the UN then.

Posted Mar 13, '13 at 1:00pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,564 posts

I think there's something that a few are forgetting.

Any war or hostile actions are going to result in deaths on both sides. All possible measures should be taken to avoid open conflict, as well as keeping in mind the ramifications of war.

redfan45, you call the politicians in Washington cowards, but I'd be worried if their first response to the barking of a small dog which is no threat to us was to mercilessly crush it. As of right now, NK really is not a threat. They are talking big and making dangerous moves, yes, but it is barking only. Any actual hostile actions will almost certainly be directed at SK, not the USA.

There's a fine line between trying to avoid war and being unable to make the tough call. I would not yet say that the time has come to make that final commitment.

Posted Mar 13, '13 at 6:31pm

Maverick4

Maverick4

3,707 posts

you can't nuke them.
hell you can't even attack them aslong they did not attack you.

1) It's common knowledge that the US has a NFU policy on Nuclear Weapons; Nuclear warheads wouldn't be needed to spank NK.

2) SK is under the US' nuclear umbrella. Attacking SK is equivalent to directly attacking the US.

3) Because the US allways hides behind the UN. /sarcasm I like how you just sling out anti-American mud and hope something sticks. ^^

Reply to North Korea Vows to Nuke U.S.A.

You must be logged in to post a reply!