ForumsWEPRNorth Korea Vows to Nuke U.S.A.

163 170285
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

North Korea has vowed to nuke the U.S.A.

Feel free to discuss the subject. Do you think they'd follow through? What do you imagine the result would be? What results could come about from this vow? etc

• 163 Replies
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Turning a blind eye to factual reality is another.

ive seen and understand different sides of the topic. i dont only stare at what 1 (the winning) party has written about it.

it's not a blind eye on 1 but more 2 eye's on different sides of the story.

(thats why it makes me just laugh when you call me close minded and ignorand. only because i look at more sides of the story then just your 1.)
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

it's not a blind eye on 1 but more 2 eye's on different sides of the story.

Different side meaning hating on the US? Stop slapping different names on things. The US that dropped the bombs and the current US are different anyway, this is like hating a man because his great-great-grandfather hit someone.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

different side means the russian and japanese side.
not blindly the usa side.

nothing about hating here. just interest in the other side of the story.

i can't help it you guys see everything i say for the sole reason that i hate the usa.
news flash!! it isn't.
but you can keep your goggles on if you like. i dont expect something els.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

if you keep in mind that japan hadn't had much oil and food. and that they had no way of getting more of them imported.

The submarine blockade and the United States Army Air Forces's mining operation, Operation Starvation, had effectively cut off Japan's imports. A complementary operation against Japan's railways was about to begin, isolating the cities of southern Honshū from the food grown elsewhere in the Home Islands. "Immediately after the defeat, some estimated that 10 million people were likely to starve to death", noted historian Daikichi Irokawa.
You're holding a stance that would've killed millions. Care to justify it?
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

You're holding a stance that would've killed millions. Care to justify it?

it wouldn't come that far. russia had to invade befor that time already. (yalta agreement)
then they knew their option was gone and would have surrendered to usa.

if russia didn't pretend to work along whit japan. then japan would have surrendered sooner and the bombs would be late. or if they told usa about the talks they had whit japan. but russia didn't want usa to know that because then they wouldn't get the profits that was agreed on in yalta.
the spider in this web is russia.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

then they knew their option was gone and would have surrendered to usa.

Again, they knew they lost and couldn't surrender on their own terms when the invasion began, yet they said they'd rather go down fighting, not surrendering.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Again, they knew they lost and couldn't surrender on their own terms when the invasion began, yet they said they'd rather go down fighting, not surrendering.

when the invasion begon they did surrender. or when russia declared war they did. (and by this i mean they made the decision to surrender. not the surrender itself. that had to be written 1st.)

everything they said befor that moment you have to see that they had still hope.

it's not like japan never surrendered befor. it did surrender multiple times befor in history.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

it's not like japan never surrendered befor.

When have they surrendered unconditionally?

After the invasion began, the War Journal of the Imperial Headquarters concluded:
We can no longer direct the war with any hope of success.The only course left is for Japan's one hundred million people to sacrifice their lives by charging the enemy to make them lose the will to fight.

The only course left

The only course left

Surrender was not an option. Their plan was to not admit defeat, to defend to the end, even when victory was impossible. Their only hope was to make the war too costly for their enemies.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

or if they told usa about the talks they had whit japan. but russia didn't want usa to know that because then they wouldn't get the profits that was agreed on in yalta.

Would you mind clarifying your position on the USSR? Because you've said that the USSR:

1) Betrayed Japan
2) Sided with Japan
3) Almost beat Japan
4) Worked with Japan
5) Had nothing to do with Japan.

And contrary to your assertions, I've looked in some other threads and have found that, interestingly enough, you've taken a hard line against anything the US does! How open minded of you!
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

When have they surrendered unconditionally?

good point.

We can no longer direct the war with any hope of success.The only course left is for Japan's one hundred million people to sacrifice their lives by charging the enemy to make them lose the will to fight.

yea thats (sort of. formed to circumstances) the code that got propagated for 800 year. but like any other propaganda message does it stop working when it becomes unrealistic and/or the end of everyone's life. and in this case, not just for many out of honor for the country.

btw you know that plan was from befor russia stabbed them in the back right?
they were concerned about an invasion during the summer of 1945.
by the usa/allies. not from russia. they had the non-aggression agreement going on and russia pretended to help japan to divide the allies for a armistice and get peace from out of there.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Would you mind clarifying your position on the USSR? Because you've said that the USSR:

1) Betrayed Japan
2) Sided with Japan
3) Almost beat Japan
4) Worked with Japan
5) Had nothing to do with Japan.

you really can't follow me can you? xD

and yea i hate the usa, you could also just ask me that.
i'm not a monster because i do so
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

you really can't follow me can you? xD

In one post you paint the USSR as a back-stabber, than as a body that got used by the Allies, then something in between. Not to mention you keep calling it 'Russia', which hadn't existed for 30 years by this point.

Of course I can't follow you. You can't even follow you.

Congratulations! You've just delegitimized everything you have said in the entire thread, and everything you will ever say! Have a good day!
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

i'm not a monster because i do so

The WWII US and today's US are completely different things, not to mention not all US people are bad people, it's only the government that is actually worth hating, like most governments. But you've already proved how close-minded you are.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Not to mention you keep calling it 'Russia', which hadn't existed for 30 years by this point.

your going to be nit picking now... well your at the wrong adres for that. =)

Of course I can't follow you. You can't even follow you.

if you can't follow it then plz. do not reply to it. it will only cause spamm.

Congratulations! You've just delegitimized everything you have said in the entire thread, and everything you will ever say! Have a good day!

and you call me close minded? hahahaha.
only because i hate the usa i'm by definition wrong.... hahahaha. your 1 silly man.

The WWII US and today's US are completely different things,

i dont remember ever denying that.
but it hasn't changed the good way.

not to mention not all US people are bad people

ofcourse not, i have american friends.
and as ive said like a zillion times. there are always exceptions of the general.

btw why you guys are coming whit this stuff now? got nothing to say about the actual topic anymore?
am i that much more interesting then the actual topic?
ow and i stopped replying to you 2 because cause you guys only make me repeat myself all the time.
the only guy i reply to about the topic now is emp. =) he actually is about the topic and leaves me and my ideology behind it.
you guys are not able to just ignore my ideology and talk about the topic. because every single word i say is in your ears extreem anti-usa.
while it isn't, it is your mind that makes this conclusion.

if i really went on a anti-usa rampage then i would be swearing allot more and i probably would already be banned again for that.
but i'm not because this has nothing to do whit my anti-usa ideology. it's the topic.
(not that i expect you 2 to understand this)
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

btw you know that plan was from befor russia stabbed them in the back right?
they were concerned about an invasion during the summer of 1945.
by the usa/allies. not from russia.

You left out a key word. Initially. They held off the troops longer than they anticipated.

However, the Battle of Okinawa went on for so long that they concluded the Allies would not be able to launch another operation before the typhoon season...

They had considered both invasions:
Faced with the prospect of an invasion of the Home Islands, starting with KyÅ«shÅ«, and the prospect of a Soviet invasion of Manchuriaâ"Japan's last source of natural resourcesâ"the War Journal of the Imperial Headquarters concluded:...
They didn't really expect it, but they gave their stance on what they'd do if it happened, and it did.

does it stop working when it becomes unrealistic and/or the end of everyone's life.

They had ritual honor slaughters of their own citizens. They had a mindset of using every last resource for the war, including their own people, and that surrender is the most dishonorable thing someone could do, short of siding with the enemy. When has it ever been reasonable or realistic strategy?
And they didn't expect all of their people to die, just a few million. At best, they wanted to make the war too costly for their enemies. At worst, if they ran out of people, they wanted to be known for their sacrifice to the last in defense of their nation.

he actually is about the topic and leaves me and my ideology behind it.

I've been working on being more objective.
Showing 91-105 of 163