ForumsWEPRWhy Would Anyone (in the right mind) Worship Satan?

362 192712
Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

Pretty much self-explanitory.
Why? I am a Catholic, and here are a couple things. Why would you worship Satan, and end up burning in hell, when you could worship the Lord, Jesus Christ and end up in the Paradise garden?
Why? I don't understand any philosophy in it.
A couple more things: Sigil of Baphomet, they worship demons and heinous figures. Huh, to discover the "true self" or something?
Ermmm.
Also, I am not a nut, entertainers actually do sell themselves to make it big, like here, in an interview with lead *****cat Dolls Singer, Nicole Sherzinger, courtesy of the Vigilant Citizen.
Don't be stuck in blind world!
Learn, and don't let them trick you too!

• 362 Replies
Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

Lol it's like six to one.

Attaboy KnightDeclan. Be as stubborn as possible.

Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

Freedom of choice. Sums it up pretty nicely.

And now we have nothing to do for a week.

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

Well, you all proved to me, there are some pretty evil people in the world.

anybody else thinking he meant us, or am i just paranoid about this?

-Blade
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

anybody else thinking he meant us, or am i just paranoid about this?

Nah, he means us. Logic = evil, remember?
infinight888
infinight888
37 posts
Peasant

Name 5 Traditional Catholics and some evil things they've done.
It's those catholics who still follow the things pre-vatican II

Let's make a game out of this. We'll call it, "The False Scotsman".

Here are the rules, each of us gives one catholic who committed horrible crimes. Only one a piece in each round. Then KnightDeclan comes back and explains why these people supposedly aren't "real" Catholics. When he does this, the next round begins and we are each allowed to link to more catholics.

I'll start the round off with Bloody Mary. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_Mary_I_of_England

Mary I (18 February 1516 â" 17 November 1558) was Queen of England and Ireland from July 1553 until her death. Her brutal persecution of Protestants caused her opponents to give her the sobriquet "Bloody Mary".

As the fourth crowned monarch of the Tudor dynasty, Mary is remembered for her restoration of Roman Catholicism after the short-lived Protestant reign of her half-brother. During her five-year reign, she had over 280 religious dissenters burned at the stake in the Marian persecutions. Her re-establishment of Roman Catholicism was reversed after her death in 1558 by her younger half-sister and successor, Elizabeth I.
Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

Nah, he means us. Logic = evil, remember?

I can check that off of my list of things to do today.

Be.....evil....to....somebody.....check.

Leo X

Pope Leo X had expensive tastes. A true Renaissance man, he built up the Vatican Library, accelerated the construction of St. Peter's Basilica and poured lavish funds into the arts. But his efforts to renew Rome's position as a cultural center took money. So much money, in fact, that within two years he had drained the papal treasury completely, as well as a great deal of his own fortune. To compensate, Leo X began selling off pieces of the Vatican palace â" furniture, dishes, jewels and statues of the apostles. He also issued indulgences as a way to make up lost funds, essentially allowing sinners to buy their way out of ****ation.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

The Spanish Inquisition! (I bet none of you were expecting that.)

Spanish Catholics imprisoned, tortured, and killed Jews, Protestants, Muslims, and other religious minorities for not being Catholic. Lovely.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Let's make a game out of this. We'll call it, "The False Scotsman".

Interesting game but how does this tie into the threads topic?
infinight888
infinight888
37 posts
Peasant

To be fair, this thread has rarely been on topic at all.

But you're right. Perhaps we should move it to the "Tradditional Catholics" thread?

Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

This thread is probably just going to die, nobody else here really has anything else provocative to say.

qwertyuiop9640
qwertyuiop9640
2 posts
Farmer

im a catholic too but i think they worship him because i heard that you can have something you want from him but in return you are risking your afterlife where you will be burning in hell but anyways just let them worship him and if you ask me i would say that its plain ba and it just isnt worth it and i will never want to be invole with the devil in anyway and sorry if this offend anyone.

Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

im a catholic too but i think they worship him because i heard that you can have something you want from him but in return you are risking your afterlife where you will be burning in hell but anyways just let them worship him and if you ask me i would say that its plain ba and it just isnt worth it and i will never want to be invole with the devil in anyway and sorry if this offend anyone.

That is quite the statement. I'm just waiting for somebody like Kasic or MageGrayWolf to pick it apart.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I'm just waiting for somebody like Kasic or MageGrayWolf to pick it apart.

Oh

but i think they worship him because

We've discussed many other reasons in the rest of the thread

i heard that you can have something you want from him but in return you are risking your afterlife where you will be burning in hell

Keyword here..you heard it. Nothing to actually make such a statement valid.
And as the myth goes..you can sell your soul to the devil for fame, fortune, rock and roll skillz, etc.

and if you ask me i would say that its plain ba and it just isnt worth it

It is B.A., isn't it?
I kid..you meant bad, I know.

and it just isnt worth it and i will never want to be invole with the devil

I know some people wouldn't want to be involved with Yahweh =p

sorry if this offend anyone.

You're fine. You are speaking your thoughts on the subject. As long as you don't start preaching to us or telling us you are right or factual, then you're good.
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

yes because saying what religion you are suddenly makes you more credible.

the notion of selling your soul seems more like something that god would work under. the only difference between what god offers, and what satan offers is that satans is more fun in this life.

let's look at the more &quotalatable" of the two: heaven. both last eternity (one where you're kissing the sky daddy's but cheeks forever). everything that can be accomplished will be, and you'll still have an eternity to go. after that, it would just be pointless existence that never ends. an eternity in either one would be hell to me.

another way to put it is in economic terms: value is based on scarcity. life is so precious because we only get so much. the concept of heaven is like dividing anything by infinity (in mathematical terms, it is undefined, but in most cases, it is 0). more life means life has less value and meaning.

that is why I live my life, because life squandered chasing fairys will leave you empty on your deathbed.

-Blade
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

in mathematical terms, it is undefined

Wouldn't that be dividing by 0? The result wouldn't be undefined, but infinitely small.
Showing 286-300 of 362