Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Why Would Anyone (in the right mind) Worship Satan?

Posted Jul 1, '13 at 9:42am

KnightDeclan

KnightDeclan

487 posts

What? It's a basic Roman Catholic church with some discussion thrown in. They aren't lacking anything. They don't disprove or prove anything. It's mere discussion; the conclusions are left for you to make.

I will open up a new forum on the topic of my religion. I hope u can all come and see why I don't want you to mistake me for a modern day catholic.

For the rest of you listening. Only qualification for being a Christian is to follow the life and teachings of Jesus Christ as presented in the Bible. Catholicism is a branch of Christianity, here is a diagram of how the major branches diverge.

You missed the reform in 1962.

Woman I'll respect you if you get in that kitchen and make me a sammich.

Lol, no, but I love my mother and she's always cleaning, cooking, helping, and caring for me and my 6 brothers, so I think she's a hero for that.

You're supposed to follow the Pope.

We don't have a pope, Sede Vacante, the seat is vacant. Pope Pius XII was the last valid pope.

Posted Jul 1, '13 at 10:45am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,761 posts

We don't have a pope, Sede Vacante, the seat is vacant. Pope Pius XII was the last valid pope.

Oh

But I forget, you seem to think you can pick and choose whom your deity deems acceptable as the Pope

Posted Jul 1, '13 at 11:23am

partydevil

partydevil

5,130 posts

god wanted these new popes to be pope. as you said yourself as long he doesn't do something about it, it is god's will.

how could you not follow gods will of these people being popes?

Posted Jul 1, '13 at 12:54pm

KnightDeclan

KnightDeclan

487 posts

But I forget, you seem to think you can pick and choose whom your deity deems acceptable as the Pope

First of all, this guy is not a real pope, secondly, yes, I can choose what I want to believe. If you go to the second, working, link on the Traditional Catholic thread, you'll see why.

god wanted these new popes to be pope. as you said yourself as long he doesn't do something about it, it is god's will.

how could you not follow gods will of these people being popes?

There were prophecies of infiltrators in the church. God may have let this happen for a greater good, or just as a greater test.

Posted Jul 1, '13 at 8:54pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,130 posts

God may have let this happen for a greater good, or just as a greater test.

there is no arguing this kind of thinking --.--'

a greater test like all those conspiracy theories of yours? is that why you only want to believe everything that is wrong? because everything is a test from god for the greater good?

Posted Jul 1, '13 at 9:06pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,782 posts

Knight

there is no arguing this kind of thinking --.--'

I could argue against the idea of an omniscient being giving a test in general. From there it could also be pointed out how unnecessarily bad, bad gets. But not really the place.

Posted Jul 2, '13 at 1:24am

Bladerunner679

Bladerunner679

2,534 posts

First of all, this guy is not a real pope, secondly, yes, I can choose what I want to believe. If you go to the second, working, link on the Traditional Catholic thread, you'll see why.

this is the fundamental flaw in your supposed "catholic stance". a catholic follows the pope, because that is what the church believes. whoever assumes the rank of pope is automatically the closest thing to Christ on earth. what you are is something that is a branch off of Catholicism, perhaps something way more radical than the mainstream.

another nail in the supposed coffin that is the flaw of your stance is this:

yes, I can choose what I want to believe.

this is cherry picking at its most obvious form. you are not blindly following something, because you are not even following what catholicism teaches. you are simply going about blindly, which I think is way worse than blindly following. your confirmation bias is so warped and twisted that you will eliminate even the tenets of your own religion to get the result you want.

for this reason, I cannot take your position seriously, as I am sure many would agree.

-Blade

Posted Jul 2, '13 at 1:44am

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,477 posts

God may have let this happen for a greater good, or just as a greater test.

What if the real test is that personal gods are manmade bull, but a deistic creator wants to see which of their creations appropriately use their ability to reason to realize this?

Posted Jul 2, '13 at 8:43am

partydevil

partydevil

5,130 posts

I could argue against the idea of an omniscient being giving a test in general.

yea but how you gonna argue "a greater good" when they themselves dont even know what it could be.

Posted Jul 2, '13 at 11:10pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,782 posts

Knight

yea but how you gonna argue "a greater good" when they themselves dont even know what it could be.

we can point out things that don't lead to great goods or the unnecessary evil used to achieve these nebulous "greater goods". Could also point out the problem that this raises with free will, though that in term will lead them into Olympic level mental gymnastics on the subject of free will.

Reply to Why Would Anyone (in the right mind) Worship Satan?

You must be logged in to post a reply!