ForumsWEPRWhy Would Anyone (in the right mind) Worship Satan?

362 192734
Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

Pretty much self-explanitory.
Why? I am a Catholic, and here are a couple things. Why would you worship Satan, and end up burning in hell, when you could worship the Lord, Jesus Christ and end up in the Paradise garden?
Why? I don't understand any philosophy in it.
A couple more things: Sigil of Baphomet, they worship demons and heinous figures. Huh, to discover the "true self" or something?
Ermmm.
Also, I am not a nut, entertainers actually do sell themselves to make it big, like here, in an interview with lead *****cat Dolls Singer, Nicole Sherzinger, courtesy of the Vigilant Citizen.
Don't be stuck in blind world!
Learn, and don't let them trick you too!

• 362 Replies
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

How the hell am i not respecting you?!

the church tells you to respect people. he doesn't tell you to specifically respect me.

you dont respect people in general.
you say your a racists so you have no respect for people from other races.
the same go's for woman you have no respect for woman either.

Maybe I just like the look of italicized more, huh? lol

use the quote and it's still italicized..... and you could see that if you readed our posts.

Lol...atheists... don't you DARE try to teach me about my own religion. The church clearly states servile labor as things done NOT for recreation, which those are.

come live in a christian community around here and you will see that if you even hop on a bike on a sunday that everyone will look at you like WTF? and the week after you will be banished from the community. you can't do a thing on a sunday. you may only rest...

thats what your church is preaching over here.
plz. explain to me why your god gives different rules to different people of the same religion?

I must insist on my question form the previous page

we'll make it follow him?

"what does it mean if you feel betrayed by the one entity that supposedly gave us those values and morals? Does it mean you also feel betrayed by your morals? Can you, as a believer, hold the set of morals given to you by your holy book, without worshiping the deity that gave it to you?"
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Well, aside from being heretics, hippocrits, and committing blasphemy, I don't agree with them.

I'm not a ki...I mean a Jew, so the Sabbath is on Sunday, which the church CLEARLY stated.

The church says it but you don't agree with them?

Lol...atheists... don't you DARE try to teach me about my own religion.

Considering how closed off you are to learning anything I don't think that's a problem.

I hate to be like that, but I must insist on my question form the previous page, which I'd like at least someone simulating some kind of reflection before KD polarises again all the discussion into the off-topic with his... points.

I take it this is the question and would be interested in hearing an answer myself.

"As I expanded on above, what does it mean for your morals if you feel betrayed by the entity which you believe gave you those morals. Feeling betrayed does not imply losing faith, so we stay within theistic boundaries. Does it mean you are doomed to become evil? Or can you perpetuate your adherence to the same morals?"
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

And yet, Sabbath isn't on Sunday for Jews. It might be for you, but if you're not going to accept the fact that the day they observe it is divergent for when your faith observes it, the you cannot reasonably expect then to accept you as well.

What I'm saying is, my church doesn't share the Jew's rules totally.

Then don't try to teach us why you think evolution is wrong, because that's our realm of knowledge to handle. Recognise and comprehend the hypocrisy displayed on your part here?

Nope, actually. I'm not teaching you guys, I'm setting my arguments and persecuting your belief. I'm not trying to act like I know more about it than you do. You all know more about evolution than I do, and I know more about my religion than you.

Yes. My church tries to bring science into the gospel. It's actually pretty interesting

You must go to a Christ's scientist church? They have the intention, but they definitely lack something.

the church tells you to respect people. he doesn't tell you to specifically respect me.

First of all, Christ said, "Love thy neighbor as thy self" And you sir, are not my neighbor. If anyone would like further discussion on who my neighbor is, I'll be happy to explain. (I don't mean someone I live close to)

you dont respect people in general.
you say your a racists so you have no respect for people from other races.
the same go's for woman you have no respect for woman either.

I do NOT respect many races. I respect Muslims and Asians for their honor. But I respect the hell out of women who act like women. I don't have respect for feminists, but I respect a housewife more than the father of the house, and that's the truth.

come live in a christian community around here and you will see that if you even hop on a bike on a sunday that everyone will look at you like WTF?

I'm not Christian, I'm Catholic. We do not live by the bible alone.

"what does it mean if you feel betrayed by the one entity that supposedly gave us those values and morals? Does it mean you also feel betrayed by your morals? Can you, as a believer, hold the set of morals given to you by your holy book, without worshiping the deity that gave it to you?"

Sorry, is this to me? Okay, well, as a Catholic, I must look as everything done having a purpose, being in God's plan. If he doesn't intercede, than He wants it to happen. I cannot feel betrayed. But, the morals taught in the book have no support, so i would not follow them if I didn't believe in God. There is a difference between natural and supernatural law. Stealing, killing, etc. are sins against the natural law, which everyone already knows are bad. Eating meat on Friday, working on Sunday, taking God's name in vain, etc. are against the supernatural law, meaning, we must be told they're wrong.

The church says it but you don't agree with them?

On October 11, 1962, the Second Vatican Council took place. Novis Ordo (New Order) Catholics started here. The changed the true mass. Since then, we cannot believe the church, and must follow the church before then. Catholics these days, MOST likely, aren't true Catholics. I'm Traditional Roman Catholic.
mbbs112
mbbs112
198 posts
Peasant

................. Guys you are going off topic,the topic is "Why Would Anyone (in the right mind) Worship Satan?" Not explaining of how rules in your church or place work anyways God exists and People would only worship the devil if theyr mad at God or think that he betrayed him but listen

If you never thank Allah then you have no right to blame him for every tear And...
"God's way leads to Endless Hope,while man's way leads to a hopeless end"
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

mbbs112, I asked my question before mainly based on your point. So it would be nice to have your opinion on it. I requote it:

As I expanded on above, what does it mean for your morals if you feel betrayed by the entity which you believe gave you those morals. Feeling betrayed does not imply losing faith, so we stay within theistic boundaries. Does it mean you are doomed to become evil? Or can you perpetuate your adherence to the same morals?

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

You must go to a Christ's scientist church? They have the intention, but they definitely lack something.

What? It's a basic Roman Catholic church with some discussion thrown in. They aren't lacking anything. They don't disprove or prove anything. It's mere discussion; the conclusions are left for you to make.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

I'm not Christian, I'm Catholic.

the basics is all the same.

I must look as everything done having a purpose, being in God's plan. If he doesn't intercede, than He wants it to happen.

if thats so, then god wanted me to not believe in him. and he wanted you to come across this forum and find so much information you didn't know. but your denying what god try's to show you.

i would not follow my morals if I didn't believe in God.

is the only reason you do not kill people (beside the holy teachings.) because it is against the law?
i.e. would you kill people if you did not have your faith in god. and the law would allow it.?

also not eating on friday is a moral? it's more a restrainment to follow.
moral: concerned with the judgment of the goodness or badness of human action and character
how is not eating on friday a judgement of the goodness or badness of a humans actions or character?
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

What? It's a basic Roman Catholic church with some discussion thrown in. They aren't lacking anything. They don't disprove or prove anything. It's mere discussion; the conclusions are left for you to make.

some guy has asked me some years ago to go to 1 those kinda discussions.
i went like 6 times since then. it's just some nice chatter mostly. but i couldn't go anymore because it felt like they take the notion of "conclusions are left for yourself to make" as a reason to drop anything said that evening as not happened. like they got to drunk and dont remember a thing the next meeting.
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Well, aside from being heretics, hippocrits, and committing blasphemy, I don't agree with them.

But see, you're the one saying they're doing that. They're the church. Aren't you supposed to listen to them? Except you've told yourself that you know better - indicating you never listened to them in the first place.

not specified in bible, but it was in a council

Refer to the above. You're going along with whatever you want. Your beliefs are arbitrary, inconsistent, and contradictory.

Lol...atheists... don't you DARE try to teach me about my own religion.

Why not? Seeing as you don't even know that Catholics are Christians, I'd say you're quite in need of a few lessons on it.

so the Sabbath is on Sunday, which the church CLEARLY stated

Give me the verse where it says, "observe Sunday as the Sabbath." Because I recall it saying, "and on the seventh day he rested."

Calendars in the USA place Sunday as the first day of the week. Calendars in other places place Monday as the start. We're arguing over human made calendars.

my church

One of thousands, all claiming to be the one and only truth. But of course, yours is the true one, right?

I'm setting my arguments and persecuting your belief.

Actually, you're not. Our arguments thus far have been a one sided argument against your beliefs, which you either brush aside with statements of, "I know what my beliefs are," or "I know I'm right."

And you sir, are not my neighbor

We all live right next door to each other, viewed from the size of the universe. All in the same house actually. And even from your belief of man originating from two people, we're all distantly related.

But I respect the hell out of women who act like women.

Sexism, btw.

I'm not Christian, I'm Catholic.

Catholics are Christians. What you said is the same as saying, "This isn't fruit, it's an apple."

On October 11, 1962, the Second Vatican Council took place. Novis Ordo (New Order) Catholics started here. The changed the true mass. Since then, we cannot believe the church, and must follow the church before then. Catholics these days, MOST likely, aren't true Catholics. I'm Traditional Roman Catholic.

You're supposed to follow the Pope. Then the second they do something you don't like, you reverse direction and claim he's not the 'true pope.' This is the wishy-washy, arbitrary stance we keep talking about. You believe what you want to believe and that's all there is to this.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

i went like 6 times since then. it's just some nice chatter mostly. but i couldn't go anymore because it felt like they take the notion of "conclusions are left for yourself to make" as a reason to drop anything said that evening as not happened. like they got to drunk and dont remember a thing the next meeting.

Yeah, that's definitely one of the drawbacks... Nothing's really permanent.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I'm setting my arguments and persecuting your belief.

How Christian of you. Or would you prefer how Catholic of you?

but I respect a housewife more than the father of the house, and that's the truth.

Woman I'll respect you if you get in that kitchen and make me a sammich.

I'm not Christian, I'm Catholic. We do not live by the bible alone.

For the rest of you listening. Only qualification for being a Christian is to follow the life and teachings of Jesus Christ as presented in the Bible. Catholicism is a branch of Christianity, here is a diagram of how the major branches diverge.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/8b/ChristianityBranches.svg/1000px-ChristianityBranches.svg.png

Sorry, is this to me?

It's open for anyone but you didn't really answer the question since ti was asking what would you do if you did feel betrayed which you stated "I cannot feel betrayed." I suppose you could treat it as more of a hypothetical.

If he doesn't intercede, than He wants it to happen.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y163/MageGrayWolf/atheistjokes/godwantedit_zps696599ae.jpg

To swing this back around to the point. I could seem someone who believes in God, thinking this and seeing these sorts of things happening and wanted to side with the entity that is apposed to such a monster.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

If he doesn't intercede, than He wants it to happen.

Then why does He get mad when things go according to plan?
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

I will open up a new forum on the topic of my religion. I hope u can all come and see why I don't want you to mistake me for a modern day catholic.

For the rest of you listening. Only qualification for being a Christian is to follow the life and teachings of Jesus Christ as presented in the Bible. Catholicism is a branch of Christianity, here is a diagram of how the major branches diverge.

You missed the reform in 1962.

Woman I'll respect you if you get in that kitchen and make me a sammich.

Lol, no, but I love my mother and she's always cleaning, cooking, helping, and caring for me and my 6 brothers, so I think she's a hero for that.

You're supposed to follow the Pope.

We don't have a pope, Sede Vacante, the seat is vacant. Pope Pius XII was the last valid pope.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

We don't have a pope, Sede Vacante, the seat is vacant. Pope Pius XII was the last valid pope.

Oh

But I forget, you seem to think you can pick and choose whom your deity deems acceptable as the Pope
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

god wanted these new popes to be pope. as you said yourself as long he doesn't do something about it, it is god's will.

how could you not follow gods will of these people being popes?

Showing 226-240 of 362