Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Paintball

Posted Mar 26, '13 at 7:41pm

Maverick4

Maverick4

3,707 posts

My friends has an S6 and says it's great but it doesn't seem to be that reliable, any opinions?

For something relatively cheap, I'd go with a Tippmann 98 Custom. They're the AK-47 of markers, and you can do a lot of... customizing on them.

I actually think that if I could (legitimately) organise a game which used either BB guns, or riot buckshot or something (for that I would actually wear armour), that would be even more fun.

I'd... actually play this. :D

Posted Mar 27, '13 at 3:30am

Strop

Strop

10,822 posts

Oh, there is one thing I did discover. If you are upside down, airborne, or in any position other than upright... paintballs can and may hit you in the face from underneath your mask. I copped one in the teeth while charging a blockade once, it kind of really hurt :|

Maybe I should invest in a full helm.

Posted Mar 27, '13 at 7:19pm

Maverick4

Maverick4

3,707 posts

Strop: Full helmets can get really hot on the inside, and the fan really only stops them from fogging up. I dunno how hot it gets where you're from, but I'm in the deep south.

Thats also why I'm a tad nervous about the i4. It really only covers your front face and eyes. But they look so, so sick.

Posted Mar 28, '13 at 3:28am

Strop

Strop

10,822 posts

If I were me (which I am) and I were allowed (which I am not) I'd just wear goggles and a bandana. It's not as if copping a paintball in the mouth lost me any teeth, or my lips >_>

Also that rule about not firing at people point blank should be scrapped, really. Nobody ever follows it, at least not when you pop up in front of people without warning yelling "FREEZE!"

Posted Mar 28, '13 at 6:08am

TheGenovesan

TheGenovesan

66 posts

I like paintball quite a lot, but i'm terrible at it and can't afford to play very often.

Posted Mar 28, '13 at 6:54pm

Maverick4

Maverick4

3,707 posts

Also that rule about not firing at people point blank should be scrapped, really. Nobody ever follows it, at least not when you pop up in front of people without warning yelling "FREEZE!"

Eh, the refs where I go are really strict about it. It sucks because you end up with two people screaming at each other.

"You surrender mother *****cker!"

"No, you surrender mother *****cker!"

And then a third party comes along and shoots both of them. :/

Posted Mar 28, '13 at 7:07pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,472 posts

I like it, except for the fact that people shoot way more than necessary . . . and don't respect the rules. Getting hit ten times by the same person isn't much fun, nor is shooting ~4 people with a single shot each in the chest and expecting them to cease fire and instead having them all shoot me and pretend they were never hit.

Posted Mar 28, '13 at 8:35pm

Xzeno

Xzeno

2,082 posts

Also that rule about not firing at people point blank should be scrapped, really.

Wait wait wait. There is LAW where you guys play paintball? Well where's the fun in that? And what, I guess there's reasons a game can end besides everyone being mad and/or crying, too. I get that paintball place owners need to protect their investment, but if you had a friend with some land, and the gear, you could do away with things like "rules" and "nobody getting hurt."

In the grim darkness of my childhood, there is only war.

Posted Mar 28, '13 at 9:15pm

Strop

Strop

10,822 posts

lol xzeno, all my games in Australia run smoothly because of good referees and the spirit of mateship and all that crap. Except when the refs decide to expose my trick by yelling "Just get him already, he doesn't even have any ammo!" Most newbies can't tell the difference between the sound the gun makes when it has live ammo and when it's empty... most of them also don't think to watch the paintball.

You can see what happens when it doesn't go so well by reading the posts above ;)

That said there's this new game which is half a cross between football and MMA battle royale, where the goal is to get the ball across the other's goal... but you are expressly allowed to beat up your opponents. Very popular with martial artists. Mouthguard and athletic cup recommended.

Reply to Paintball

You must be logged in to post a reply!