Forums

ForumsGame Walkthroughs

Strike Force Heroes 2 In-Depth Guide (By: Reton8)

Posted Apr 7, '13 at 12:59am

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,226 posts

Another random tip for Hackers (challenge)

Because of the mechanics involved with the bouncing projectiles, they cannot shoot through walls, they just bounce off.

So for a really easy time, you can just restart until your opponents all have bouncing weapons, and are on the left side, and then you have an easy walk back from their flag.

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Apr 8, '13 at 9:42pm

shonmon25

shonmon25

5 posts

For some reason on Forum Defender, they always chase me down and don't let me heal :(

Posted Apr 8, '13 at 11:38pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,226 posts

For some reason on Forum Defender, they always chase me down and don't let me heal :(

I think that is just your bad luck, because the A.I. (to the best of my knowledge) is just programmed to go to certain locations on the map but they tend to avoid the area right below the pillars on the path up (the bumps), so you can sit their and heal.

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Apr 10, '13 at 3:40pm

SeanCKrake

SeanCKrake

2 posts

I've noticed you tend to favor the sniper and juggernaut. I think that in a lot of cases the mercenary works just like a sniper. for instance, in the challenge Advanced Mechanics using a merc with a flawless or perfect javelin, you  can fire about as rapidly as a sniper, with one hit kills. you can fire around corners, so you are never even hit by the auto turrets.

Posted Apr 10, '13 at 10:53pm

shonmon25

shonmon25

5 posts

Does mission #15 Last Hope give extra gold?

Posted Apr 10, '13 at 10:54pm

shonmon25

shonmon25

5 posts

Oops I forgot to add : Because I got about $5000 when I finished it....

Posted Apr 11, '13 at 1:43pm

Reton8

Reton8

2,631 posts

I've noticed you tend to favor the sniper and juggernaut...

At the time I didn't have a very high level Mercenary, but next update I do I will have to add your tip :] I still plan on doing a total rewrite of the guide, but I don't know if I will ever have the time, so I'm sticking to this for the most part :]

Does mission #15 Last Hope give extra gold?

I'm not certain, but make sure that wasn't the gold you received just for killing the enemy. If it does give you extra gold it may be a tradeoff as you have to watch the cutscene after completing the mission. This also leads me to wonder, does completing any mission or challenge give the player extra gold?

------------------------------------------------

I have also realised that playing domination where the opposing team has more players than you, may be a quick way to get experience. But you have to frequently restart because once you capture the zones, you have to wait for them to be recaptured which wastes time.
-----------------------------------------------

One other tip. If you are looking to get better weapons you can do this. Check the shop, buy what you want (if you don't like anything don't buy anything). Then return to the Main Menu, then go to Select Save, then Back Up Your Save file to your computer (if you are using an online save.). Next refresh the browser page. This will cause "Strike Force Heroes 2" to reload again. Go back to the Shop and you will see there are all new weapons, attachments, and items to choose from. Repeat  this process as many times as you want or have money to buy items.
I have also noticed that the first time you spin the slot machine after refreshing the page, you win. It seems to be a guaranteed win, but this has not been test, so I am uncertain.

(I should make a more organised looking update sometime in the future).

Posted Apr 13, '13 at 1:21am

sleapred

sleapred

6 posts

My favorite method for leveling up is pretty much what you mention in your last post. My usual arrangement is a 2 vs 4 team domination at the lab (You can also do 1 vs 4). The map is rather small which means that the opponents will go through the  points more often than in the larger maps. They are also spawn points so opponents will spawn and capture more often than in other maps. Also, I tend to leave the flag as low as possible when I capture so an opponent just walking past will capture the point.

The number of changes in the capture points over one game to 200 is much higher than lets say the 15 times you can capture the flag max and experience is accumulated much faster.

Posted Apr 13, '13 at 1:48am

Meph9

Meph9

5 posts

- Engineer -
This class has only a decent set of weapons and decent skills. Aside from the Repair Bots Passive Skill (4x Health Regeneration) I can not see much use for them. The turrets are not that useful.

Be advised that the Engineer has no real speciality in combat. The skills and killstreaks do little to increase combat effectiveness unlike the other classes. Furthermore the weapons for the Engineer....well....they suck. They are too slow and weak making even the best of them very bland.
The Engineer is the most well balanced in overall stats however this means the class sacrifices the ability to be trully poweful in doing so.

- General -
The General can probably do a lot of damage. Not only can he use the powerful Pump Action Shotguns, but the Full Auto Passive Skill can turn any weapon into an automatic weapon and increase it's fire rate by 5%. This may be the class that can dole out the most damage in the least amount of time.

Indeed the General can deal out the greatest amount of fire in the shortest time. This class' primary weapons are the magnum hands guns. These weapons are not particularly powerful in single strikes but because they allow the General a high rate of fire augmented by the appropriate skill they are very effective. When picking guns do not be afraid to choose a weapon with lower damage if it has a higher rate of fire. For example a magnum with 50 max damage will likely have a fire rate of about 3 rps but another pair of pistols may have only 30 damage but an rps of 6 or 7. That means you can dispatch enemies quicker.

Posted Apr 13, '13 at 2:30am

Reton8

Reton8

2,631 posts

Be advised that the Engineer has no real speciality in combat. The skills and killstreaks do little to increase combat effectiveness unlike the other classes.

@Meph9 No need to reiterate what I just said:

Aside from the Repair Bots Passive Skill (4x Health Regeneration) I can not see much use for them [engineers]. The turrets are not that useful.

Aside from the Repair Bots Passive Skill. = The Engineers only have one semi-decent passive skill.

The turrets are not that useful. = The Engineers do not have any worthwhile killstreaks.

I can not see much use for them. = Do not use this class. The have little value.

Reply to Strike Force Heroes 2 In-Depth Guide (By: Reton8)

You must be logged in to post a reply!