ForumsSupport ForumSomething AG should do for Security

11 2968
parkermb68
parkermb68
323 posts
Nomad

Well, I thought hacking in AG nobody does because it's lame and pointless. But it is a big deal. They can get you banned, or just change your pass so they can have your AP and you start all over again. I had a few good ideas but then I realized AG is doing what he can it'd be lame, so do you have any suggestions for this?

• 11 Replies
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

???? Wha?

Could you please explain what you mean? I am unsure which direction you are going to...

Are you aiming at:

1 - People stealing other peoples accounts?
2 - Hacking the site?
3 - Other?

Thanks
KIngRyan

DivineDarkness
DivineDarkness
1,226 posts
Nomad

Nobody can crack my code BWAHAHHAHAHAHAH!

Also, I don't recall anybody getting banned because someone has hacked their pro-file? The only way they can hack the site is if they break into the AG office right? ->DD

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

People stealing others accounts.

How many people do you know has that happened to them?

jjbb18
jjbb18
398 posts
Nomad

DD no you dont have to be in AG office

Diamond_Destruction
Diamond_Destruction
93 posts
Nomad

It doesn't always have to be that way.

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

I think that the comment is that there is a problem with people having their accounts broken into, and actions are done that cause the person to get in trouble, up to and including being banned. My personal opinion is that much of this is done on the user's side, where their friends, little brother, etc, have access to their computer and go on their profile and mess around on it. A way to prevent this from happening (here and on other sites) are to not have the site save your password, and also to change your password often. Following those internet safety rules should help lessen this sort of situation.

1_800_ima_ninja
1_800_ima_ninja
43 posts
Nomad

well maybe their should be like those patcha things or whatever with the trippy letters so people can't use progrems like brick force to get passwords

turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

Well i think that a person can hack only if they hack into Dans because if someone does hack into dans then they have a lot of control over AG.

Wittman
Wittman
318 posts
Nomad

Well, in order to work on the security, then everybody has to help stop hacking and spam.

GregWeeler
GregWeeler
259 posts
Nomad

I'm pretty sure Ag is secure, although there could still be ways people can hack in. I wouldn't see the reason why anybody would though. There really isn't much to gain from hacking into the site. If they try to get to the top, then it is pretty noticeable when they jump from 0AP to 15,000AP, and they will be dealt with. Just look at that JohnDoe kid. He didn't last long.

Wittman
Wittman
318 posts
Nomad

I think there are programs but why waste thousands of dollars (maybe) when all of us can stop it our selfs.

Showing 1-11 of 11