Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Daily World Events

Posted Apr 5, '13 at 2:50pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

We live in an exciting, unrelenting world that never ceases to amaze. In order for the world to be as insane as it is, huge events need to occur. Each day, major and minor events are the driving forces behind making everything work. Politics, philosophy, religion, war, economics, media, astrology and everything else in between are the little gears that power our society.

In this thread we are going to discuss new events everyday - just as they occur. We will bring new events in, and we will discuss old ones - their impact, their qualities, and their overall beings. If you don't pay much attention to the news due to lack of interest, this thread could very well change your opinion on the world around you.

---

To begin, I'd like to bring up something that's going on today: the Chinese bid flue scare (CNN). Here are some photos.

Thoughts?

Posted Apr 5, '13 at 2:51pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

bid

Bloody hell. That should say "bird".

Posted Apr 5, '13 at 3:56pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

14,611 posts

Knight

To begin, I'd like to bring up something that's going on today: the Chinese bid flue scare (CNN). Here are some photos.

I've heard about this today. Apparantly they haven't discovered how the cause of the disease got in humans when it usually happens to the birds.

Obviously its the poultry they're eating. They're probably not washing it, sanitizing it, or giving their chickens medication. That's basically all I see from it.

Posted Apr 5, '13 at 4:44pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,258 posts

Knight

It's a new type of bird flu, probably a strand that is resistant to some of the things used against the previous strands.

It's probably the poultry, but not necessarily the eaten one. Don't forget that in some regions in China, they sleep in the same room as some of their animals, and are sometimes quite crowded. No wonder that there are cases arising.

Now let's not forget that 6 cases of death from flu is almost nothing compared to the death toll resulting around here from regular flu. Let's see how this evolves.

Posted Apr 5, '13 at 5:29pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,436 posts

In this thread we are going to discuss new events everyday - just as they occur. We will bring new events in, and we will discuss old ones - their impact, their qualities, and their overall beings.

...Isn't that what the WEPR as a whole is for? Why not make specific threads so topics don't get muddled?

Posted Apr 5, '13 at 5:35pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,700 posts

...Isn't that what the WEPR as a whole is for? Why not make specific threads so topics don't get muddled?

I already covered this in the thread where the idea came from. This thread will be used for more of the smaller/minor "World Events" to allow the WEPR as a whole to take care of the major events

Posted Apr 5, '13 at 6:18pm

Terry_Logic

Terry_Logic

4,222 posts

From the article:

No cases of human-to-human transmission of the H7N9 virus have been confirmed so far.

The virus has not been shown to spread easily between humans, he added.

I don't think we'll be having a major epidemic on our hands this time around.

Posted Apr 5, '13 at 7:08pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,119 posts

i heard that it didn't came from living birds. but from dead birds.
i dunno how to picture this. but unless it starts to spread. i dont really care about it.
hopefully tomorrow will be a better day =P

Posted Apr 6, '13 at 9:31am

danielo

danielo

1,748 posts

Some hackers decided to assult Israel sites. They claim to be from anonymus.

Posted Apr 6, '13 at 11:08am

partydevil

partydevil

5,119 posts

everyone claims to be from anonymous.
this whole anonymous thing is way over rated.

Reply to Daily World Events

You must be logged in to post a reply!