ForumsWEPRDaily World Events

33 17184
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

We live in an exciting, unrelenting world that never ceases to amaze. In order for the world to be as insane as it is, huge events need to occur. Each day, major and minor events are the driving forces behind making everything work. Politics, philosophy, religion, war, economics, media, astrology and everything else in between are the little gears that power our society.

In this thread we are going to discuss new events everyday - just as they occur. We will bring new events in, and we will discuss old ones - their impact, their qualities, and their overall beings. If you don't pay much attention to the news due to lack of interest, this thread could very well change your opinion on the world around you.

---

To begin, I'd like to bring up something that's going on today: the Chinese bid flue scare (CNN). Here are some photos.

Thoughts?

• 33 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

bid

Bloody hell. That should say "bird".
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

To begin, I'd like to bring up something that's going on today: the Chinese bid flue scare (CNN). Here are some photos.

I've heard about this today. Apparantly they haven't discovered how the cause of the disease got in humans when it usually happens to the birds.

Obviously its the poultry they're eating. They're probably not washing it, sanitizing it, or giving their chickens medication. That's basically all I see from it.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

It's a new type of bird flu, probably a strand that is resistant to some of the things used against the previous strands.

It's probably the poultry, but not necessarily the eaten one. Don't forget that in some regions in China, they sleep in the same room as some of their animals, and are sometimes quite crowded. No wonder that there are cases arising.

Now let's not forget that 6 cases of death from flu is almost nothing compared to the death toll resulting around here from regular flu. Let's see how this evolves.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

In this thread we are going to discuss new events everyday - just as they occur. We will bring new events in, and we will discuss old ones - their impact, their qualities, and their overall beings.

...Isn't that what the WEPR as a whole is for? Why not make specific threads so topics don't get muddled?
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

...Isn't that what the WEPR as a whole is for? Why not make specific threads so topics don't get muddled?

I already covered this in the thread where the idea came from. This thread will be used for more of the smaller/minor "World Events" to allow the WEPR as a whole to take care of the major events
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

From the article:

No cases of human-to-human transmission of the H7N9 virus have been confirmed so far.

The virus has not been shown to spread easily between humans, he added.

I don't think we'll be having a major epidemic on our hands this time around.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

i heard that it didn't came from living birds. but from dead birds.
i dunno how to picture this. but unless it starts to spread. i dont really care about it.
hopefully tomorrow will be a better day =P

danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

Some hackers decided to assult Israel sites. They claim to be from anonymus.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

everyone claims to be from anonymous.
this whole anonymous thing is way over rated.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

to think of hackers. here is a article about some online banking hackers using advanced botnets that are able to login.

this is from a half year ago or some. but the hackers are still busy not only in the usa what this article is about but they attack bank websites all around the world. sofar most of these botnets are traced to china, india and the netherlands/belgium.

any thoughts on these hackers operating around the world?

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

everyone claims to be from anonymous.
this whole anonymous thing is way over rated.

Yeah I agree. I don't even take it seriously anymore because I'm so desensitized.

any thoughts on these hackers operating around the world?

They're crashing bank websites. Of all the things they could do, they only crash bank websites. Not even a single theft. I honestly wouldn't take these "Middle East activists" (as if that couldn't be a more generalized term) seriously.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

it seems more like people invested in hacking these site but are now unable to use it due to safety upgrades a few months ago.
they now use it to blackmail banks. if they dont give them what they want then they overload their sites.

as for the middle east activists, ive only readed that 1st in this article actually. there is no trace of middle east activists in similar cases in other countries.
(sorry i have no source for that except one in dutch. so that aint gonna help here.)
but i think the writer of the article i posted just added that because things like that always works good to get your article &quotopular" in the usa. wouldn't surprise me that he sucked it out his thumb.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Anyone hear of this Russian's plan for eternal life by 2045? Not exactly current, but it will be:
Link

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Anyone hear of this Russian's plan for eternal life by 2045? Not exactly current, but it will be:
Link

I'm in..sign me up. Make this happen...NAO
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Link

I'm laughing so hard it's ridiculous. On one hand, this sounds so unfeasible it's funny, and on the other I want to do it so bad it's hilarious.
Showing 1-15 of 33