ForumsWEPRWhy do so many hate Muslims

185 65042
Lanod
Lanod
28 posts
Nomad

People can't seem to understand that one group does not define a religion. I know several Muslims and studied Islam and it is a noble religion if you ask me.

• 185 Replies
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

There is a world market for oil. There is no danger that a country that wants to keep the United States from getting oil can do so simply by restricting sales to the United States. The reason is that it will then want to sell its oil elsewhere. That means that someone who buys that newly freed-up oil will then want to buy less from his suppliers. Those suppliers then have oil to sell and Americans can buy that oil. It's a game of musical chairs in which the number of chairs equals the number of players. The game would be awfully boring, but in international trade, boring is good.

very nicely said. really nothing to add to it.
mbbs112
mbbs112
198 posts
Peasant

sigh.. im a Muslim myself and that guy up there said that not all of Islam is noble,he's wrong,it is the best religion as it teaches peace and bans all king of things such as alcohol,being nice,not committing crimes and not quarreling with others and people only hate Muslims because of 9/11,Americans blame osama bin laden for it and as he was a Muslim they are taking it out on Muslims even though they dont know that only some Muslims have gotten corrupt but that doesn't mean you should blame the whole lot of them .

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

sigh.. im a Muslim myself and that guy up there said that not all of Islam is noble,he's wrong,it is the best religion as it teaches peace and bans all king of things such as alcohol,being nice,not committing crimes and not quarreling with others and people only hate Muslims because of 9/11,Americans blame osama bin laden for it and as he was a Muslim they are taking it out on Muslims even though they dont know that only some Muslims have gotten corrupt but that doesn't mean you should blame the whole lot of them .

As much as I defend Islam from people who criticize it incessantly; it's still a religion that has bred violence over the centuries, a minority maybe, but it has led to enough death, blood and pain. You might follow a peaceful path, but there is enough about the religion to detest certain parts of it.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

people only hate Muslims because of 9/11

I could bring up a slew of other events/reasons. That's hardly the only one.

that guy up there said that not all of Islam is noble,he's wrong

only some Muslims have gotten corrupt

Are you saying the corrupt ones are noble? If not, then he wasn't wrong.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Muslims aren't that bad of a people. They are all looked on as terrorists just because of some crimes of certain ones. We can't blame a whole race because of a few guys. We don't hate all of Germany because of Hitler, or all of America because of Charles Manson lol.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

We can't blame a whole race because of a few guys.

I detest any group that subscribes to literature dictating to kill all nonbelievers, or worship a god who claims he'll make his arrows drunk with blood as his sword devours flesh.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

And Muslim isn't a race/ethnicity.

KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

No it's not, I'm sorry it came out like that. But still, I know a lot of muslems, and they never tried to kill me, so I think we should give them a chance. Idk why ur so hateful to me. If i was hating on them, you would just be loving them, just to go against me.

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Idk why ur so hateful to me.

Disagreement isn't hate, and EmperorPalpatine was just correcting something he thought you made a factual error on.

If i was hating on them, you would just be loving them, just to go against me.

No, I mostly agree with your last few posts in this thread. Which is why I haven't posted anything in response until now. The WEPR isn't a place for backpatting, it's for debate. If I have nothing to add/comment on, I'm not going to post, "I agree with this."
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

I wasnt talking to u kasic...

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

I wasnt talking to u kasic...

maybe you should start quoting people then. show us what you respond to. (like we all do)
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

I detest any group that subscribes to literature dictating to kill all nonbelievers, or worship a god who claims he'll make his arrows drunk with blood as his sword devours flesh.

Then you live in a hate-filled world, because that implies you hate all religions. That's plain ignorant, misanthropic, distrustful, and places too much emphasis on words that even believers don't take at face value.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

Then you live in a hate-filled world

Of course I do. When someone says "I believe you're deserving of a painful life, dishonorable death, eternal torture, etc, and I'm praying to the guy who will bring it because He's on my side and hates you (veiled threat)", don't expect love.

because that implies you hate all religions.

Certainly not all, but quite a few.

That's plain ignorant

How is it ignorant to realize that Yahweh was a war god in the Caananite pantheon and his cult spread and grew? To say He's all about love is misguided.

and places too much emphasis on words that even believers don't take at face value.

They claim the words come directly from their divine, all-powerful source. How much emphasis should be put on it?
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Of course I do. When someone says "I believe you're deserving of a painful life, dishonorable death, eternal torture, etc, and I'm praying to the guy who will bring it because He's on my side and hates you (veiled threat)", don't expect love.

You're living in a hate filled world of your own creation, because the vast majority of Muslims don't believe in the violence stipulated in the Quran.

They claim the words come directly from their divine, all-powerful source. How much emphasis should be put on it?

And yet, much of the Muslim populace is against terrorism and violence in general. They don't 100% stick to the verses as stipulated in the Quran.

How is it ignorant to realize that Yahweh was a war god in the Caananite pantheon and his cult spread and grew? To say He's all about love is misguided.

It is ignorant, because in reality, most adherents don't preach violence.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

because the vast majority of Muslims don't believe in the violence stipulated in the Quran.
much of the Muslim populace is against terrorism and violence in general.
most adherents don't preach violence.

Yes, the people themselves generally are decent because they refuse to act upon such things. They happen to be more moral than their deity, yet they claim adherence. Some disagree with their book's orders, but they still claim they come from the most-high source, so they must be unquestionably true and good and righteous. Some act upon those presuppositions.
Showing 121-135 of 185