ForumsForum GamesWar For Ore (Mining RPG)

742 176812
lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

In the year 2034...
Mining can be dangerous, being crushed, suffocated, or trapped and starved to death are only the usual risks. You could also be redirected into the sewer and drowned, shot by other rogue miners, or eaten alive by monsters from the depths. But they pay is good, the right merchants will pay handsomely for minerals or metals, and the wrong merchants will pay the gear you steal from other miners.
To start your life as a miner fill out the character sheets below.

Name:
Description: Optional
Currency: $300
Arms: None
Armour: None
State: Healthy
Items: Pick-axe, knife.

Also spend you starter money for gear at Godmund's Shop.
(Note: Weapons will stay in your items list and not under arms until you choose to equipped them)

-------------------Godmund's Shop----------------------------------------------

Gas mask: Mask that blocks out toxic fumes with a cloth covered in charcoal, is made of laminated glass so it won't shatter if it cracks. $40

Rebreather: Mask which recycles the air the wearer is breathing. $100

Kevlar: Dense synthetic body armour, well capable of stopping any non-magnum bullet under 7mm and spreading the impact force. $100

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Colt Predator
Type: Revolver
Type stats: Double-action Non-magnum
Ammunition: 10mm lead bullets
Ammunition feed type: six chambers
Cost: $150

Name: Concord-forger
Type: Revolver
Type stats: Double-action Magnum
Ammunition: 7mm lead bullets
Ammunition feed type: six chamber
Cost: $180

Name: Snyder and Kemp
Type: Handgun
Type stats: Single-action
Ammunition: 6mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 12 bullets in a clip
Cost: $120

Name: Gorgon
Type: Handgun
Type stats: Double-action
Ammunition: 9mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 8 bullets in a clip
Cost: $200

Name: Double barrel
Type: Shotgun
Type stats: 15mm bore
Ammunition: Buckshot
Ammunition feed type: Brake-action, two shells

Name: Barb Spitter
Type: Shotgun
Type stats: 12mm bore Pump-action
Ammunition: Fletchette shells
Ammunition feed type: four shells

Name: Uzi
Type: Sub-machine gun
Type stats: 12RPG
Ammunition: 5mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 25 bullet clip
Cost: $200

Name: Waster
Type: Sniper rifle
Type stats: Magnum, laser-pointed
Ammunition: 11mm magnum bullets
Ammunition feed type: One bolt-action loaded round
Cost: $210

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Medical attention: Healing for all injuries. $20

Medical kit: For healing whilst in the mines, limited resources. $50

Medical Insurance: Unlimited free medical attention. $650

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 742 Replies
HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

Name: Lurch
Description: Young punk-rocker and general low-life. He became a miner to further his knowledge of explosives so he might one day overthrow the government. Viva la Revolution!
Currency: $145
Arms: Hagwraith micro 6/20 (20)
Armour: Gas Mask
State: Colorfully bruised,
Items: Pick-axe, combat knife, med-kit, ,Paccer And Chesson Magnum's x3, combat TAZER.

"That was effin' COOL," I exclaim, "You guys are alright."

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Description: Young punk-rocker and general low-life. He became a miner to further his knowledge of explosives so he might one day overthrow the government. Viva la Revolution!
Items: Pick-axe, combat knife, med-kit, ,Paccer And Chesson Magnum's x3, combat TAZER.

"Of course we are!" Insef reasons "Were radicals, and all radical are good people right?"
"My name is Hal Paccer," Hal tells you holding out a hand "I'm the expert at making thing go bang here. Right now I'm working on voice activated explosives, but I'm famous in the bad circles for the 48-Guage mine."

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

Name: Ilden A. Rendegraverâ¨
Description: Ilden was born in New Greenland, He has finally acquired a Pick-axe capable of actually breaking rock & the musculature required. Ilden has followed the Mineral-Rush, he intends to acquire enough money to buy the cure for his older brothers illness. Brass colored hair, dark brown eyes and coffee brown skin.â¨
Currency: $132.45
Armour: Gas Maskâ¨
State: Bruised.
â¨Items: ,Medical Kit, small Yellow lump nick-named 'Ãrevoks' Journalâ¨, Pick Axe, Alcoholic yogurt.
k17 micro assault-rifle 5/10(20)

I approach the man with caution. Holstering my gun for now. (This must sound paradoxical for the trigger-happy...)

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

"That was way better than the molotov ****tails and thermite canisters we used to make in my old neighborhood. You gotta teach me your ways, Hal, I am truly humbled, but when do we get to use this stuff."

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Name: Ilden A. Rendegraverâ¨
Description: Ilden was born in New Greenland, He has finally acquired a Pick-axe capable of actually breaking rock & the musculature required. Ilden has followed the Mineral-Rush, he intends to acquire enough money to buy the cure for his older brothers illness. Brass colored hair, dark brown eyes and coffee brown skin.â¨
Currency: $132.45
Armour: Gas Maskâ¨
State: Bruised.
â¨Items: ,Medical Kit, small Yellow lump nick-named 'Ãrevoks' Journalâ¨, Pick Axe, Alcoholic yogurt.
k17 micro assault-rifle 5/10(20)

The man half turns toward you as you approach and he says with a flawless English accent "Hello old bean." He has the asian gene certainly, as well as one grey blind-looking eye.

"That remains in question. So far Alazannder has only ordered us to do prison riots, and steal supplies. We haven't been on the offensive yet. Anyway, to make Gauge mine you need to tape four shotgun-shells together in a square, and make a similarly sizes plate of metal with four firing pins attached to it,
then attach the shells to it with a tight sliding piston. Next you step on it, and force the shells onto the pins...Then you spend a good five months in hospital."
Insef frowns "Hal that was a long monologue."
Hall smiles "Shut up."

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

"I like it."

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

"Okay," Alazannder sighs "Lets get Chikako down here so we can do a proper
ceremony for making you and Sissy members." He goes upstairs and hal follows him "Hey," Insef ask turning to you "Got any matches?"

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

"Sorry man, just this tazer," I say brandishing the stolen stun-gun, "What's this about a ceremony? I ain't dressing up. That's for sure."

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Insef thinks about this. "Um, for my ceremony they all went out and, I quoting here, 'bought me the cheapest gift they could find'. I ended up with a tooth-brush, a bag of almonds, and for some reason a flea-market top-hat. After that Alazzander just does a speech about what's wrong with the current ruling."

You follow Insef up stairs upstairs and Alazzander and the others excluding Sissy charge at you, swarming you in the way you would expect white-blood cells to attack a virus. "We are going to buy cheap gifts" Alazannder drones monotonously
"Gifts!" The others chant. Except Chikako who quietly chants "Blood!"

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

"This is strange, but it'll be interesting to see what they got me." I think to myself as the cultists do their thing.

Bender124
Bender124
481 posts
Peasant

Name:Nick Lasher
Description: black fowhawk black eyes
Arms:
Armour:

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

After about 15 minutes they return.
Alazzander hands you a small packet of puffed corn that has been spliced with puffed wheat. Penny gives you a glossy brochure on going to Canada.
Hal gives you a scary tube of liquorice flavoured tooth-paste, Insef gives you a box of matches, and Chikako gives you a medical-bag of B+ Blood.
"Don't worry," Hal says to you in a hushed tone "She always does that."

After Sissy is given her gifts, a pineapple, a pineapple, a pineapple, a pineapple, (Due to an embarrassing miscommunication) and another bag of blood, Alazannder starts his speach.

"We, fellow humans and other...thing, fight for power in this country, for all the innocents sitting in prison sells, for all the blunders by the government. We take up arms to protect the people from the misguided arm off the law.
We rebel for all the times my name came up with little red dots underneath it
when I typed it into a computer, all the times it offered to 'correct' it to Salamander, We are doing this, for the Country"

Bender124
Bender124
481 posts
Peasant

Description: black fowhawk black eyes
Arms:
Armour:

uhmm

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Description: black mowhawk black eyes
Arms:
Armour:

Welcome, but you need to pick some weapons from the list on page 1.

Bender124
Bender124
481 posts
Peasant

Description: black mowhawk black eyes
Arms:
Armour:

ok