ForumsForum GamesWar For Ore (Mining RPG)

742 176842
lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

In the year 2034...
Mining can be dangerous, being crushed, suffocated, or trapped and starved to death are only the usual risks. You could also be redirected into the sewer and drowned, shot by other rogue miners, or eaten alive by monsters from the depths. But they pay is good, the right merchants will pay handsomely for minerals or metals, and the wrong merchants will pay the gear you steal from other miners.
To start your life as a miner fill out the character sheets below.

Name:
Description: Optional
Currency: $300
Arms: None
Armour: None
State: Healthy
Items: Pick-axe, knife.

Also spend you starter money for gear at Godmund's Shop.
(Note: Weapons will stay in your items list and not under arms until you choose to equipped them)

-------------------Godmund's Shop----------------------------------------------

Gas mask: Mask that blocks out toxic fumes with a cloth covered in charcoal, is made of laminated glass so it won't shatter if it cracks. $40

Rebreather: Mask which recycles the air the wearer is breathing. $100

Kevlar: Dense synthetic body armour, well capable of stopping any non-magnum bullet under 7mm and spreading the impact force. $100

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Colt Predator
Type: Revolver
Type stats: Double-action Non-magnum
Ammunition: 10mm lead bullets
Ammunition feed type: six chambers
Cost: $150

Name: Concord-forger
Type: Revolver
Type stats: Double-action Magnum
Ammunition: 7mm lead bullets
Ammunition feed type: six chamber
Cost: $180

Name: Snyder and Kemp
Type: Handgun
Type stats: Single-action
Ammunition: 6mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 12 bullets in a clip
Cost: $120

Name: Gorgon
Type: Handgun
Type stats: Double-action
Ammunition: 9mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 8 bullets in a clip
Cost: $200

Name: Double barrel
Type: Shotgun
Type stats: 15mm bore
Ammunition: Buckshot
Ammunition feed type: Brake-action, two shells

Name: Barb Spitter
Type: Shotgun
Type stats: 12mm bore Pump-action
Ammunition: Fletchette shells
Ammunition feed type: four shells

Name: Uzi
Type: Sub-machine gun
Type stats: 12RPG
Ammunition: 5mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 25 bullet clip
Cost: $200

Name: Waster
Type: Sniper rifle
Type stats: Magnum, laser-pointed
Ammunition: 11mm magnum bullets
Ammunition feed type: One bolt-action loaded round
Cost: $210

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Medical attention: Healing for all injuries. $20

Medical kit: For healing whilst in the mines, limited resources. $50

Medical Insurance: Unlimited free medical attention. $650

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 742 Replies
SectoidMedic
SectoidMedic
165 posts
Peasant

Name:Med
Description: A 25 year old mercenary eager to gain some cash
Currency: $10
Arms: Colt Predator
Armour: Gas Mask,Kevlar

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Descripti

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

You have the options to choose the mine in the city, the mine near the city, or the mine outside city limits.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

Name: Ilden Rendegraver
Description: Ilden was born in New Greenland, He has finally acquired a Pick-axe capable of actually breaking rock & the musculature required. Ilden has followed the Mineral-Rush, he intends to acquire enough money to buy the cure for his older brothers illness. Brass colored hair, dark brown eyes and coffee brown skin.
Items: Pick-axe, knife, Barb Spitter x2, Gas Mask, Medical Kit,

(I would say outside city limits if the question comes up.)

SectoidMedic
SectoidMedic
165 posts
Peasant

I'll mine near the city, don't want to get killed so early.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

(All mines are pretty much equally dangerous, with the mine near the city you could find yourself in the sewer system, or run in on a underground meeting held by the local mafia...so good choice.)

You enter the mine and go down elevator (more of a over-sized dumbwaiter really) and enter a moderately sized chamber cut into rock, glowing orange gems the size of pineapples stick out of the ground on strange angles. They are fairly valuable but explode if they're disturbed, so I suggest you leave them alone.Theres is hole cut into the ground with a ladder leading down, there is also a heavy-duty metal door leading out of the chamber.

Description: Ilden was born in New Greenland, He has finally acquired a Pick-axe capable of actually breaking rock & the musculature required. Ilden has followed the Mineral-Rush, he intends to acquire enough money to buy the cure for his older brothers illness. Brass colored hair, dark brown eyes and coffee brown skin.
Items: Pick-axe, knife, Barb Spitter x2, Gas Mask, Medical Kit,

( Okay you enter the mine near the city, also noticed you haven't moved a weapon onto arms...I guess you could duel weild the barb-spitters, but accuracy would be poor and you'd only be able to fire once for each before having to put one down to work the pump on the other.)

You go down the ladder into the mine, no elevator for you since there isn't any, and find yourself in a ravine with chalky slabs of mineral sticking out of the walls, you could brake of a chunk of one, they sell for $50 a kilo, the exit to the ravine is a diagonal tunnel near the ladder.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

Arms: Pick-axe, Barb Spitter
Armour: Gas Mask
Items: , knife, Barb Spitter x1,, Medical Kit,

I hack as the rock

Kylelolcat
Kylelolcat
4,813 posts
Nomad

Name: Millia Farsight
Description: Millia was trained by her father to fire over incredibly long distances under harsh conditions, giving her an affinity for sniper rifles and an appreciation for guns that can kill someone in one effective shot. She took to mining because she needed the money, and the only clear ways of doing so were either mining or prostitution, and the latter is VERY unfavorable.
Currency: $40
Arms: Waster

I think I'll mine near the city.

SectoidMedic
SectoidMedic
165 posts
Peasant

I look around for more to see, I'll ignore the explosive minerals for now.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

(I will hack at the $50 per kilo rock, my apologize, had to log out quickly.)

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Arms: Colt Predator 6/6

The heavy duty metal door has greyish water seeping through the seems, on the ground near the door you find a battered leather briefcase.

Arms: Pick-axe, Barb Spitter 4/4
Items: , knife, Barb Spitter x1, Medical Kit,

You take a swing and a well-sized chunk of mineral brakes of, the mineral is porous, lighter and more brittle than it looks.

Description: Millia was trained by her father to fire over incredibly long distances under harsh conditions, giving her an affinity for sniper rifles and an appreciation for guns that can kill someone in one effective shot. She took to mining because she needed the money, and the only clear ways of doing so were either mining or prostitution, and the latter is VERY unfavorable.
Arms: Waster 1/1

You go down into the mine via an elevator,
the mine, the chamber is quite long and not very wide, originally this was a coal mine but someone accidentally set fire the the coal so the whole far wall is ablaze with smoldering flames, there's another elevator leading out.

SectoidMedic
SectoidMedic
165 posts
Peasant

I open the briefcase

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Arms: Colt Predator 6/6

( Sectoid, please remember to post post your character sheet above what you do.)

Inside you find a sealed letter, a ominous block of metal with a small screen, and a silencer.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

Arms: Pick-axe, Barb Spitter 4/4
Items: , knife, Barb Spitter x1, Medical Kit,

I bag the rock, then, I do abit of prospecting, Does this rock contain anything in small quantity among the ambient mineals?

Kylelolcat
Kylelolcat
4,813 posts
Nomad

Arms: Waster 1/1

Well, I better GTFO before my gas mask dies from coal smoke.

Showing 1-15 of 742